Bills going to LA to visit and workout Sam Darnold

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m going to guess that this takes the place of his visit to OBD. Must have been a scheduling thing. 

Still waiting on Allen and Lamar. 

Fwiw Darnold is the only QB they watched play live 3x

IF Darnold is the one they covet, and he doesn't go # 1 to CLE, do the Bills have enough ammo to move up and get him.  

Sorry - don't mean to turn this into another move up and get 'em thread...

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m going to guess that this takes the place of his visit to OBD. Must have been a scheduling thing. 

Still waiting on Allen and Lamar. 

Fwiw Darnold is the only QB they watched play live 3x

They are not going to waste a predraft visit on Allen or Jackson imo

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

They have the ammo to get to 2 it’s just a matter of whether the NYG will be willing to trade down. Especially if Darnold is there, who is rumored to be the player they want if available at 2. That could also have been a smokescreen the way it was reported,  “NYG love Sam Darnold”... 

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

They are not going to waste a predraft visit on Allen or Jackson imo

Are they going to travel to visit them like they are Darnold, at least? They can do as many of those as they want. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

With each of these QBs the justification to sell the farm could be made and lived with.  But each one has something that would make you take a breath (some deeper than others) when you send that Farm to New York.

Accept for possibly Darnold.

Not pointed at RWNW, but generally ... 

Number of QBs with only two years of college ball that have made the pros is incredibly limited. Those that did were especially gifted in some way; I do not believe that is anywhere near the consensus about Darnold. Other than his stature, his football skills are bested by others all over the place. And given his limited experience at the highest level he decision making has been questioned. He does occasionally make questionable calls under duress. In fact two year starters have a long history of being terrible NFL QBs. 

So you have a QB with limited starting experience. Under pressure, he makes mistakes - more so than, say either Mayfield or Rosen. At what point is that process supposed to change? I mean, in his second season, did Darnold get remarkably better?

By all rights, at the start of the post season he was hardly a consensus go #1 overall pick. GunnerBill has rated him a mid-first pick, didn't he? It seems reasonable to ask how much of this is post season hype. I could be wrong there, it's hardly essential to my overall point.

I keep banging on this drum. If there is a QB that is likely to fall, I think Darnold is the guy (outside of Allen). I think the Bills have done more diligence on either Mayfield or Rosen because they (like possibly other organizations) think that Darnold is at best the third choice and maybe even fourth. And somewhere my intuition is telling me that is why they waited this long to do their diligence meeting on Darnold. Not because he is so exclusive that they never thought there would be a chance, but because he isn't really someone they covet.

If a team with such a blatant need for a QB waited this long, isn't that a "tell"?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wppete said:

I have a feeling that we end up with Darnold. I know it’s a long shot. But I think Cleveland goes with Rocket armed Josh Allen and we trade up with the Giants and draft Darnold. ? 

I too think this is how it is going to go down.  Both 1st's, one 2nd, and Jerry Hughes?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have the ammo to get to 2 it’s just a matter of whether the NYG will be willing to trade down. Especially if Darnold is there, who is rumored to be the player they want if available at 2. That could also have been a smokescreen the way it was reported,  “NYG love Sam Darnold”... 

Are they going to travel to visit them like they are Darnold, at least? They can do as many of those as they want. 

I don't think they will

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I too think this is how it is going to go down.  Both 1st's, one 2nd, and Jerry Hughes?

Hey Pete..... Yeah that would be a good trade if we can package Jerry Hughes and large salary also.

If not then something like this:

#12 & #22,

2nd Round pick (2018)

2nd Round pick (2019)

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, McBean said:

We can only hope they don't.

Allen or Jackson would be awful picks.

I think both of those prospects are below Rudolph on the Bills board. 

Rudolph is the backup plan if we can't get the big 3. I don't have inside knowledge, just following the bread crumbs.

• Like (+1) 2