What I think the Bills will do

First off, the longer the draft process goes, the more I believe Beane and what he's said in Press Conferences leading up to the draft. I think, at this moment in time, they have a general idea of who they like at QB, but these private workouts will cement their evaluation. I believe  they have  grades/values  on these QB's and based on how the  draft plays out, is  what they will  do. Methodical approach of course, which is  what they do...

I also believe that nobody knows who the Bills are gonna take except the Bills. These rumors,  whispers, etc is all smoke, and Buffalo is obviously very good at keeping their info top secret. 

Here are the trade up  scenarios I think  the Bills are going to consider...

• Move up to #2 pick: What's the holdup?? Possibly the Browns. If  they  take Allen, then the Giants will take Darnold, if Cleveland does take Darnold, I think the Giants will weigh their decision, but if they trade w/ us, they'd get 12, 22, 53, 65, 2019 2nd or 3rd, and we'd take Rosen, not Allen like many have said. At the end of the day, I predict the Giants like Barkley or Chubb too much to move down, and the Giants will stay @2.
  • Move to #4 or #5: I think Cleveland might decline to move down if Barkley is still there, but if Barkley is gone, they might move down, but maybe they like Chubb so much, they don't move. I think if they did move we'd give up 12,  22, 53, and maybe a future late round pick. Same with Denver, but I don't think they'd  move down to 12 b/c they want Chubb/Nelson/Barkely. I  also think that Denver would take Allen if he's available, but I think they will  take a non-QB if they stay with the pick. My prediction is both Cleveland & Denver will stay pat, and both will not draft a QB.
  • Move to 6-9'ish range: I think this is where we are targeting the most. We don't have to give up as much, and we can still draft a QB we covet and high a very high grade on. I think the Bills know they aren't in the Sam Darnold discussion, but IMO, I think they are locked on Rosen or Mayfield, if they move into the top 10 range. I think the Colts, Bucs, or 49ers all have a very legit chance to move down. We'd give up 12 & 22, and maybe a bit more, and target Mayfield or Rosen  as our teams next QB. This is the scenario I see happening the most.
  • Stay @12, give up none of our premium picks, and take Roquan Smith if he's there, if not, I think they'll take Rudolph. Is that a reach, of course it is, but if we wait on 22nd pick, he might be long gone. IMHO, I'd be happy with Rudolph. I really, really, really want Mayfield or Rosen, but if it doesn't happen, I'd be very happy with Rudolph for a variety of reasons. 

What say you?? Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, elltrain22 said:

First off, the longer the draft process goes, the more I believe Beane and what he's said in Press Conferences leading up to the draft. I think, at this moment in time, they have a general idea of who they like at QB, but these private workouts will cement their evaluation. I believe  they have  grades/values  on these QB's and based on how the  draft plays out, is  what they will  do. Methodical approach of course, which is  what they do...

I also believe that nobody knows who the Bills are gonna take except the Bills. These rumors,  whispers, etc is all smoke, and Buffalo is obviously very good at keeping their info top secret. 

• Move up to #2 pick: What's the holdup?? Possibly the Browns. If  they  take Allen, then the Giants will take Darnold, if Cleveland does take Darnold, I think the Giants will weigh their decision, but if they trade w/ us, they'd get 12, 22, 53, 65, 2019 2nd or 3rd, and we'd take Rosen, not Allen like many have said. At the end of the day, I predict the Giants like Barkley or Chubb too much to move down, and the Giants will stay @2.
  • Move to #4 or #5: I think Cleveland might decline to move down if Barkley is still there, but if Barkley is gone, they might move down, but maybe they like Chubb so much, they don't move. I think if they did move we'd give up 12,  22, 53, and maybe a future late round pick. Same with Denver, but I don't think they'd  move down to 12 b/c they want Chubb/Nelson/Barkely. I  also think that Denver would take Allen if he's available, but I think they will  take a non-QB if they stay with the pick. My prediction is both Cleveland & Denver will stay pat, and both will not draft a QB.
  • Move to 6-9'ish range: I think this is where we are targeting the most. We don't have to give up as much, and we can still draft a QB we covet and high a very high grade on. I think the Bills know they aren't in the Sam Darnold discussion, but IMO, I think they are locked on Rosen or Mayfield, if they move into the top 10 range. I think the Colts, Bucs, or 49ers all have a very legit chance to move down. We'd give up 12 & 22, and maybe a bit more, and target Mayfield or Rosen  as our teams next QB. This is the scenario I see happening the most.
  • Stay @12, give up none of our premium picks, and take Roquan Smith if he's there, if not, I think they'll take Rudolph. Is that a reach, of course it is, but if we wait on 22nd pick, he might be long gone. IMHO, I'd be happy with Rudolph. I really, really, really want Mayfield or Rosen, but if it doesn't happen, I'd be very happy with Rudolph for a variety of reasons. 

Anyone who thinks they’ve made up their minds before going through the evaluation process completely hasn’t been paying attention to how this new front office operates.

After thinking about it, I’m not buying that they are trading any picks to move until they have evaluated all the QBs and understand what it takes to move where and who they like the most. 

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Anyone who thinks they’ve made up their minds before going through the evaluation process completely hasn’t been paying attention to how this new front office operates.

After thinking about it, I’m not buying that they are trading any picks to move until they have evaluated all the QBs and understand what it takes to move where and who they like the most. 

That's the smart thing to do for like a million reasons!

19 minutes ago, hemma said:

To move to 6 <-> 9, I think we'd only need to offer our 12th and 53rd.  

If we managed to get Rosen or Mayfield for that price, it would be a happy, happy day.

It's going to cost both firsts.  The Jets set the premium in the market and there's no way that teams don't take advantage and demand both picks.

34 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

All I can say is moving down to #12 would be a dumb move unless it for a QB.

Nice post my friend

We only traded Glenn to swap the pick. .. So I don't see it as a dumb move if we do not take a QB. There will be a top 10 talent that will be available at #12 if we do not get a QB

5 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

It's going to cost both firsts.  The Jets set the premium in the market and there's no way that teams don't take advantage and demand both picks.

I am not sure that the premium is the same as you move down the board.  In picks 1-5 I would expect the premium to be on par with what the Jets paid.  What it would take to move to 7,8, or 9 I am not sure of but am skeptical that it would involve both firsts.  The players that teams go to the mat over are usually off the board by that point.  

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

We only traded Glenn to swap the pick. .. So I don't see it as a dumb move if we do not take a QB. There will be a top 10 talent that will be available at #12 if we do not get a QB

I'm starting to wonder if the draft plays out poorly for Buffalo and QBs fly off the board with no willing trade partners...would they wait until round 2 and Mike White? Beane was part of the Panther team when they went Clausen in RD 2 and Cam #1 overall the following year. NOT SAYING WE SHOULD. 

I think it's entirely possible the Giants know they are moving out, have given us a price they know no one is going to beat and the hold up is committing the capital on our end.  This week we are getting up close and personal with each QB, once that's completed, we could see if the team is really ready to meet the Giants price.  That seems like a reasonable ask from Beane to Gettleman given their relationship, let's make sure he's the guy with as much vetting as we can do, we have the biggest "war chest" in the league outside of the Browns (who aren't moving up) so we could very well be the Giants primary trade target.

1 hour ago, elltrain22 said:

i agree 100% however we may not be able to sit at 12 if rudolph is the only one to make past pick 6. we have to worry about az coming up from 15 and we have the dolphins a pick in front of us and i don't trust them being all in with tannehill long term.

even if we have to move to say, 9 for him, i would do it. we still would have plenty of picks and 22 would still be in play to move around up or down to gain another 2nd and 3rd. there are plenty of starters in 2 and 3.

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Rosen or Mayfield for  #12 and a second round pick would be great.  More likely it will take both 1st and a second.

this would be great...but if the giants take a qb, we could be screwed....hence the rudolph conversations.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Luxy312 said:

Three 2nd Round picks is not a bad price for a franchise QB, it's actually quite lower than most years. 

In terms of moving up, the Giants are a hard team to know who they want, I think we might have a deal in place assuming the Giants guy isn't there. Yet the Broncos are another tough team to read as the gave Keenum a big deal yet it's only for two seasons which isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. Moving up with Indy or Tampa seems realistic especially if Chubb is already drafted. 

Edited by The Jokeman

My best guess is as follows. They have 2 top prospects in mind (Rosen & Mayfield?) and planC option (Rudolph or Jackson). They will wait until one of their top options is gone and try to trade up with the next team that isn't expected to pick a QB. If a team not expected to go QB surprises us and grabs the other top-2 guy, they stay put and get a plan C guy at 12.

58 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

this would be great...but if the giants take a qb, we could be screwed....hence the rudolph conversations.

Eli had his worst season and was even benched for a game. I consider this a likely option.

Edited by GreggTX

On 4/9/2018 at 1:29 PM, The Jokeman said:

Three 2nd Round picks is not a bad price for a franchise QB, it's actually quite lower than most years. 

In terms of moving up, the Giants are a hard team to know who they want, I think we might have a deal in place assuming the Giants guy isn't there. Yet the Broncos are another tough team to read as the gave Keenum a big deal yet it's only for two seasons which isn't that long in the grand scheme of things. Moving up with Indy or Tampa seems realistic especially if Chubb is already drafted. 

3 second round picks, plus the 6th overall pick where there will still be a blue chip franchise player available to draft.  Let's at least be realistic that it's 4 picks, including a high first rounder that we're talking about.