2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Not sure how they lucked into Fleury. Pens have Murray and could dump the expense. 

Anyway, they are not only going but I can't see them losing.

I say lucked because they had two top-tier goalies on the roster and that isn't often the case. And Fleury has had his ups and downs over the years but he has been on another level this year. I would feel lucky as a Knights staffer or fan.

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing all this... I am almost wondering if they cooked lottery in Sabres favor.  Yep, you heard me right.  Keep the dedicated fans from pulling a Trump Deplorable and jumping ship.

Sabres, TO-BFLo is League firewall.  Keep the ones behind firewall happy, don't look behind curtain. Scores high in TV ratings, especially @ Cup time.  We can watch and still be happy that we were thrown a bone (lottery).

Lottery worked out well.

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

I say lucked because they had two top-tier goalies on the roster and that isn't often the case. And Fleury has had his ups and downs over the years but he has been on another level this year. I would feel lucky as a Knights staffer or fan.

We are so surprised and feel CRAZY lucky! I was happy to just make the Playoffs... seems surreal. We were 500/1 to win it all at the beginning of the season, now we are on the doorstep. (this is for Exiled- Kinda like how trump had a 1% chance to win the election... makes the victories that much sweeter) The Golden Misfits are making history.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Seeing all this... I am almost wondering if they cooked lottery in Sabres favor.  Yep, you heard me right.  Keep the dedicated fans from pulling a Trump Deplorable and jumping ship.

Sabres, TO-BFLo is League firewall.  Keep the ones behind firewall happy, don't look behind curtain. Scores high in TV ratings, especially @ Cup time.  We can watch and still be happy that we were thrown a bone (lottery).

Lottery worked out well.

When you finish at the bottom EVERY year, you're bound to win the lottery at some point.

1 minute ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

We are so surprised and feel CRAZY lucky! I was happy to just make the Playoffs... seems surreal. We were 500/1 to win it all at the beginning of the season, now we are on the doorstep. (this is for Exiled- Kinda like how trump had a 1% chance to win the election... makes the victories that much sweeter) The Golden Misfits are making history.

When you finish at the bottom EVERY year, you're bound to win the lottery at some point.

With an 18.5% chance?

Phoenix Suns never won lottery till this year. But that's NBA.

Who got #1 pick last year?

Sabres in 1970 had to spin wheel w/Vancouver.

He had more than 1% chance when reaching nomination.  Nice narrative though.  Way more than 1%. Like 1 in 5.  Better than Sabres lottery chance.

3 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

like Russia?

Yep.  And FBI spying too.

I am just butt hurt that these damn immigrant teams are entering the League working their azzes off doing jobs the other teams are too lazy to do.  Stealing all the glory too by working hard.

NHL build that wall!  Us hardworking fans deserve better.  We have been working @ it for 48 years and Anchor Babies get all the the glory!

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am just butt hurt that these damn immigrant teams are entering the League working their azzes off doing jobs the other teams are too lazy to do.  Stealing all the glory too by working hard.

NHL build that wall!  Us hardworking fans deserve better.  We have been working @ it for 48 years and Anchor Babies get all the the glory!

Nah, you just hate black Americans. They are the ones most effected by illegal alien workers. You love seeing them down and unemployed.

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But lets bring this back to the NHL Playoffs... at least for the East. We can talk about the Stanley Cup Championship for the VGKs!

Go Knights Go!

37 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Nah, you just hate black Americans. They are the ones most effected by illegal alien workers. You love seeing them down and unemployed.

But lets bring this back to the NHL Playoffs... at least for the East. We can talk about the Stanley Cup Championship for the VGKs!

Go Knights Go!

Why are they called Vegas and not Las Vegas?  The city is named Las Vegas or "The Meadows."

And funny... They go up against Tampa Bay... Is the water bay, the city is Tampa, Florida. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why are they called Vegas and not Las Vegas?  The city is named Las Vegas or "The Meadows."

And funny... They go up against Tampa Bay... Is the water bay, the city is Tampa, Florida. 

I’ve wondered that also. Why are we the Buffalo Bills? What’s a Bill? Some guy who played cards? So why a Bison logo? Are we the only team that has a logo to match the city and not our team name? 

28 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I’ve wondered that also. Why are we the Buffalo Bills? What’s a Bill? Some guy who played cards? So why a Bison logo? Are we the only team that has a logo to match the city and not our team name? 

Buffalo Bill Cody.

Original Bills played in AAFC of the late 1940s, 1946-1949.  Two teams were absorbed into NFL: Browns & 49ers.  Baltimore Colts would fold and later emerge in NFL in a couple of years.  The Bills were defunct and players absorbed into Browns/9ers. Bills would have to wait till 1960 to play in AFL.

This is original Bills logo (one of them) from the AAFC days.  Buffalo Bill (William) Cody:

AAFCart1.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Bill

471px-Cody-Buffalo-Bill-LOC.jpg

40sbillspen.jpg

important-dates-story.jpg

From AFL... We kinda phased Buffalo Bill Cody out of logo... But he was around even in 1960s leftover from 1940s:

1962-Buffalo-Bills-Vs-Houston-Oilers-Pro

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

So why do we have a stolen logo from a black college, and not a skinny KFC guy?

Because Ralph retained the rights and let (lets) Howard use it for free?  The White Devil?  I don't know why.  The Bills do let Howard use their logo.  Creator never copyrighted it?  Bills the protector of it?  You got me? 

White guys w/goatee raysis against Natives? Who knows.  It was the era (late 1960s) when teams were scrubbing their raysis logos.  Like the Philadelphia/Golden State Warriors (1967).  Maybe Bills followed them?