2018 NHL Playoffs

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Probably best Kadri not suit up for game 2 in Boston.

He won't be able to. He will be gone for at least 2. 

My son is a big Leaf fan, and like a lot of them a little delusional.  Listening to him all year you would think the Stanley Cup was all but a lock for them and their current team had 5 potential Hall Of Famers. All I would say to him is "yeah, the Leafs are an exciting, fast skilled team. But it all changes in the playoffs. You have to have toughness as well."

Of course, that was met with a dismissive "I know, right". But here we are. They better bring up Martin to push back because the Bruins are just going to keep running their skill guys.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dante said:

He won't be able to. He will be gone for at least 2. 

My son is a big Leaf fan, and like a lot of them a little delusional.  Listening to him all year you would think the Stanley Cup was all but a lock for them and their current team had 5 potential Hall Of Famers. All I would say to him is "yeah, the Leafs are an exciting, fast skilled team. But it all changes in the playoffs. You have to have toughness as well."

Of course, that was met with a dismissive "I know, right". But here we are. They better bring up Martin to push back because the Bruins are just going to keep running their skill guys.

It's nice to have a playoff contender, a bit sooner than i was counting on when Lou and Babcock came over

that was the first game that really mattered for the Leafs since Christmas, the last half of the year they were safe in third place with no pressure to try hard on any given night

this isn't over quite yet...

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

It's nice to have a playoff contender, a bit sooner than i was counting on when Lou and Babcock came over

that was the first game that really mattered for the Leafs since Christmas, the last half of the year they were safe in third place with no pressure to try hard on any given night

this isn't over quite yet...

Don't think it's over. It's just not going to be the same game as it's been all year.

Thought the Thurs. games were boring.

Lots of decisive wins around the league.

I watched the Anaheim game and was amazed to see tons of empty seats out there. WTF?  This is playoff hockey and the Ducks have won the Cup. 

If your fan base can't fill the building for a playoff game, you shouldn't have a team.

4 hours ago, eball said:

So much for answering the question of whether the Flyers could respond to losing by a touchdown in G1.

I agree, @plenzmd1, watching the excitement in Vegas has me envious as hell.

Yeah... happy to see that the Flyers responded. The last thing I want is another Penguins run at the cup. 

Vegas is having a blast and it's nice to see. I really didn't think they would embrace hockey.