[Misleading Title]BILLS WILL TRADE BOTH #1 PICKS - -

Punt75

If the Bills are not able to trade up for a top 3 QB , a very good player will be there at 12  . The Bills have enough 2nd and 3rd  picks to make a difference.

I just hope Allen is drafted in the first 3 picks to give the Bills a shot at #4 if the Giants take a QB at #2.

37 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

All of the CAPITAL LETTERS and bold underlining tell me this is a SERIOUSLY HOT TAEK

plus the use of italics makes this a captivating hot take......this is the best though: "NOT SO!!    NOT SO AT ALL! "

9 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The current Bills Management is BUILDING for the future.  The play-off  appearance last season was an accident.  Albeit, a nice accident for Bills fans around the country.   Perhaps long suffering fans think all we need is a top college QB in the draft to be a Super Bowl contender?

NOT SO!!    NOT SO AT ALL!   The Bills need quality, young talent at MLB, OLB, OT, WR and CB.  They need it right now!

My prediction is:  The Bills trade both their #12 and #22 picks for FOUR (4) Second Round choices.  I don't know the teams or circumstances but there will be BUYERS.  And I suspect we'll get additional 4-7 picks also!!!

We'll have 6 picks in the 2nd Round and 2 in the 3rd Round.  Eight (8) picks of the first 96 players taken is crazy - - crazy good.

Pew this thread stinks

thL6C60IOU.jpg

Edited by The Monk

9 hours ago, Punt75 said:

The current Bills Management is BUILDING for the future.  The play-off  appearance last season was an accident.  Albeit, a nice accident for Bills fans around the country.   Perhaps long suffering fans think all we need is a top college QB in the draft to be a Super Bowl contender?

NOT SO!!    NOT SO AT ALL!   The Bills need quality, young talent at MLB, OLB, OT, WR and CB.  They need it right now!

My prediction is:  The Bills trade both their #12 and #22 picks for FOUR (4) Second Round choices.  I don't know the teams or circumstances but there will be BUYERS.  And I suspect we'll get additional 4-7 picks also!!!

We'll have 6 picks in the 2nd Round and 2 in the 3rd Round.  Eight (8) picks of the first 96 players taken is crazy - - crazy good.

I don't get this at all.  Really want the draft to be here and over with.  This is getting way too lala landish.  Why would you trade down when you can get better talent by staying put if you want to go that right.  This is like saying well, I can pass on Derwin James because I can get Tre Flowers later.  Yeah but you are going to miss out on a lot when you do.  So just take James at wherever.  Fans are making this thing way too complicated.  Secondly, not only do you miss out, this makes no sense with what they've done already.  You don't trade up to trade down.  Who does that?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Thurm that is a very well structured argument. And I love the Bengals analogy. Those early Dalton teams were stacked. Great lines both sides of the ball, 1 elite and 2 very good receivers, good secondary and linebackers, decent running backs, a great TE. Eventually they couldn't afford to keep them all and the team around Dalton fell apart and they went from a 10 or 11 win team that went 1 and done in the playoffs to a 6 or 7 win team. 

I don't like the Bengals argument as there is no bylaw in the NFL that says you can't replace any starting QB.  The Bengals were free at anytime to upgrade the position via the draft or free agent signing.  Something to keep in mind for 2019 where that draft is considered shallow and we might be better off trading for another QB that is already on an NFL roster but needs to go because of contract.

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't like the Bengals argument as there is no bylaw in the NFL that says you can't replace any starting QB.  The Bengals were free at anytime to upgrade the position via the draft or free agent signing.  Something to keep in mind for 2019 where that draft is considered shallow and we might be better off trading for another QB that is already on an NFL roster but needs to go because of contract.

Really good QBs dont get let go because of contracts. Just draft one this year. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Really good QBs dont get let go because of contracts. Just draft one this year. 

They do if the team feels they have that QB's replacement on the roster.  Jimmy G went to the 49'rs in part because he was due to get paid because his original contract was going to run out.  So there is that as well as a vet getting moved in favor of a rookie.  Further, I am not opposed to drafting a QB this year but I don't want to give up the farm and Spotrac has us just under 63M in cap for 2019 so no more visions of 10 elite FA's as some had envisioned for next year to soften the blow for giving everything away this year and part of next year draft-wise.  63M will go rather quick with a couple big FA's and a half dozen second shelf players.  

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

They do if the team feels they have that QB's replacement on the roster.  Jimmy G went to the 49'rs in part because he was due to get paid because his original contract was going to run out.  So there is that as well as a vet getting moved in favor of a rookie.  Further, I am not opposed to drafting a QB this year but I don't want to give up the farm and Spotrac has us just under 63M in cap for 2019 so no more visions of 10 elite FA's as some had envisioned for next year to soften the blow for giving everything away this year and part of next year draft-wise.  63M will go rather quick with a couple big FA's and a half dozen second shelf players.  

You have to get a Quarterback to build around. Until that all your building is pointless. We will still have an almost full draft this year and almost full draft next year because some of what we are giving away is extra picks acquired for the sole purpose of getting up for a Quarterback. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

You have to get a Quarterback to build around. Until that all your building is pointless. We will still have an almost full draft this year and almost full draft next year because some of what we are giving away is extra picks acquired for the sole purpose of getting up for a Quarterback. 

You have to have a QB to build your defense?  You have to have a QB to build your running game?  You have to have a QB to build the interior of your O Line?  All that aside your statement would be news to the SB Champion Eagles who had most of their pieces before they acquired Wentz.  Being shrill on this board is going to have no effect on Beane so you might as well chill out.

14 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Please delete this thread or change the title. You can't post threads with titles like this. We took a vote and said we wanted people banned that did so.

I apologize - I meant no harm.  I should have written the Post Title differently.  I do believe what I wrote!

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

I'm sorry about this!  The thought about more top picks came to me and I should have thought more about the TITLE.   Everyone thinks I'm nuts about this anyway - - but - I apologize!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

You have to have a QB to build your defense?  You have to have a QB to build your running game?  You have to have a QB to build the interior of your O Line?  All that aside your statement would be news to the SB Champion Eagles who had most of their pieces before they acquired Wentz.  Being shrill on this board is going to have no effect on Beane so you might as well chill out.

Most of their team except 7 of the 11 defensive starters, both running backs and 3 of their 4 receivers? 

I am not being shrill I deal in fact. And Beane is trying to trade up so your moaning will have no effect on him. 

Edited by GunnerBill