[Misleading Title]Pick 96 to Pittsburgh for Martavis Bryant

22 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'm surprised, Boatdrink.

Many found it surprising when it was reported. Sometimes the talent, need and cost meet at the right place for it to be worth the risk. It's a crying need on the Bills roster right now, so who knows? It's purely hypothetical and mostly unlikely, but their prior interest shows it's not unthinkable. 

2 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Not a process guy.

It seems Bryant wants a chance to excell, become a number 1 WR, and then get paid.  On a one year deal which is what he is on now he could be a great addition.  It gives the Bills a year to determine if he is worthy of a long term contract extension.

Honestly, what WR could you take at 96 that would be better?

Name 1 who fits our needs like he does.

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

This is not a great draft for outside deep threat receivers.  Lots of slot guys or guys like Kelvin Benjamin.  

Bryant has experience and history, albeit off the field issues and is a free agent after the 2018!season as is Benjamin.  But if both produce we have the cap space next season to retain both.

I'm hoping we see a huge bump in productivity in Zay Jones in the slot and for that reason I may consider another receiver in the 4th, 5th or 6 rounds that's a slot type.

Then if we can make the deal for Bryant here is my draft:

Round 1 - pick 12 - Leighton Vander Eshe

Round 1 - pick 22 - Billy Price

Round 2 - pick 53 - Harrison Phillips

Round 2 - Pick 56 - Rashard Penny

Round 3 - Pick 65 - Luke Falk

Round 4 - Pick 121 - Fred Warner

Round 5 - Pick 167 - Taron Johnson

Round 6 - Pick 188 - Tony Adams

What is up with you and Luke Falk?

19 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

What is up with you and Luke Falk?

Honestly I prefer Lamar Jackson, but I love the possibility of adding a G/C prospect in Billy Price to be the replacement for Ritchie in 2019.

Falk has a really good arm, is very accurate but needs time to develop into a pro QB and to learn to play under center.  I have concerns over pocket awareness with him as I do with Josh Rosen.

To me, Falk is a complementary piece with good players around him and I'd rather risk a pick in the 3rd round and add more talent instead of giving up draft capital to get a player who may not be able to pull up a below average team.

I’d view it as a one year rental if we did.  He’d most likely leave for greener pastures once his rookie year is over.  I’d rather draft a WR with that pick and have him on a rookie deal with zero suspensions 

No...nope, not now.....I loved this kid coming into the Draft. Thought he would be exactly what he has been....when ON the fricken field and not doing dumb stuff! But, with a 3rd Round pick for a WR, there are just as good if not better WRs for the Bills in this year's Draft....I don't think Anthony Miller lasts that long, but if he did, he would be a phenomenal "get" for the Bills. There's a number of others the Bills could use and they don't come with his baggage or risk of a long suspension. 

9 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

It seems Bryant wants a chance to excell, become a number 1 WR, and then get paid.  On a one year deal which is what he is on now he could be a great addition.  It gives the Bills a year to determine if he is worthy of a long term contract extension.

Honestly, what WR could you take at 96 that would be better?

Name 1 who fits our needs like he does.

I'm sure the Bills will do something that doesn't include Bryant. 

He still doesn't fit the process and mental makeup McD and Beane look for, so no.

[This is an automated response]The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.