What are your bold predictions for the NFL draft?

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. It’s a bold prediction for sure but i think there are so many good RBs in this draft, the positional value is so low (looking at what little they demand in FA) and there are enough teams trying to get into the top 5 for a QB, that any team taking Barkley instead of a QB, or accumulating a haul from a qb needy team, is pretty dumb.

Yeah some pretty good consolation prizes to be had around round 3. If the Bills keep the picks and Chubb is on the board that's a huge steal for us. That's the player I want at 65.

1 hour ago, billspro said:

1) Josh Allen will fall out of the top 15

2) 8 QBs will be taken by the end of day 2 (4 in the first, 3 in the second, 1 in the third)

3) Lamar Jackson will fall out of the first round

4) Zero OTs will be taken in round 1

5) Mike Gesicki will be the first TE taken

Is OT really that bad this year or is this a genuine bold prediction?

43 minutes ago, billspro said:

That would be a mock draft buster. I don't think he is as safe of a prospect as Elliot coming out because he gets tackled for a loss too often. 

I heard some crazy stats for him on Cowherd....that I wish I could remember. ^_^

He only gets 4 yards or more on 47% of his runs, and like 12-14% of his runs are considered “long runs” (10-20 yards or more?). That’s a good bit less than average. When I heard the numbers I wondered are they right and what’s all the hype about? I mean, I’ve seen him look amazing, but the stats were wonky! 

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

As the draft unfolds expect to hear some pundits hyping up the Browns draft as having a chance to be the best ever.

If they mean by the Browns, that wouldn’t be too hard to accomplish!  :)

That’s a pretty low bar in recent years, anyways. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I heard some crazy stats for him on Cowherd....that I wish I could remember. ^_^

He only gets 4 yards or more on 47% of his runs, and like 12-14% of his runs are considered “long runs” (10-20 yards or more?). That’s a good bit less than average. When I heard the numbers I wondered are they right and what’s all the hype about? I mean, I’ve seen him look amazing, but the stats were wonky! 

He’s a really good WR, and NFL offenses are trending toward throwing the ball to the RB more and more. He has great size and speed.  In the open field he’s tough to catch. As a pure every down RB though, he’s not the guy you can rely on for the tough yards at crunch time. He hesitates a split second too long. Jmo. He’s a top 10 player but not top 5 in the draft with the QB carnival going on.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a really good WR, and NFL offenses are trending toward throwing the ball to the RB more and more. He has great size and speed.  In the open field he’s tough to catch. As a pure every down RB though, he’s not the guy you can rely on for the tough yards at crunch time. He hesitates a split second too long. Jmo. He’s a top 10 player but not top 5 in the draft with the QB carnival going on.

Great point. His recieving skills are very good. I was just surprised by the run stats. Then again, what did EVERY defense try to take away from Penn State? So who knows? 

He will catch a lot of balls, I’m sure. 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Great point. His recieving skills are very good. I was just surprised by the run stats. Then again, what did EVERY defense try to take away from Penn State? So who knows? 

He will catch a lot of balls, I’m sure. 

He was a focal point of defenses for sure. However, penn state had a good passing game. Defenses could not totally sell out to stop the run unless they were elite in the secondary. 

Did Cowherd mention that Lamar Jackson had more rushing yards and rushing TDs than Saquon over the past two seasons?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Two trade moves by one team noone has spoke of but makes sense.

Cleveland needs a FRANCHISE QB after missing for years.

Cleveland tries to get 2nd pick from Giants for next years 1st, 33,35 and 60 but gets turned down.

Cleveland trades to 2 with Giants for 4th pick, 33 and 108.

Cleveland trades to 5 with Denver for 2019 1st and 2nd, 35 and 60.

Cleveland gets Allen 1st over all and 2 pick is Nelson. Jets select Darnold, Giants select Barkley and Cleveland selects Rosen with 5th pick.

Cleveland at end of summer trades Rosen (who looked real good too) after seeing Allen not have accuracy issues for 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick 2019 from Giants.

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

Two trade moves by one team noone has spoke of but makes sense.

Cleveland needs a FRANCHISE QB after missing for years.

Cleveland tries to get 2nd pick from Giants for next years 1st, 33,35 and 60 but gets turned down.

Cleveland trades to 2 with Giants for 4th pick, 33 and 108.

Cleveland trades to 5 with Denver for 2019 1st and 2nd, 35 and 60.

Cleveland gets Allen 1st over all and 2 pick is Nelson. Jets select Darnold, Giants select Barkley and Cleveland selects Rosen with 5th pick.

Cleveland at end of summer trades Rosen (who looked real good too) after seeing Allen not have accuracy issues for 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick 2019 from Giants.

Bold!

49 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

-The Colts trade the 6th pick in the draft and a 2nd for OBJ to line up across from TY Hilton giving Luck a formidable WR tandem.

-The Giants (who take Darnold at #2) trade the #6 pick to the Bills for their 12th and 22nd and we pick Mayfield.  We overpay, but we're going to have to in order to move up.

-The Browns take Barkley #1 and Allen at #4.

So the top 6 picks look like this

1.)  Browns - Barkley

2.)  Giants - Darnold

3.)  Jets - Rosen

4.)  Browns - Allen

5.)  Broncos - Chubbs

6.)  Bills (from Giants (from Colts)) - Mayfield

Bills go 6-10 next year, defense sucks with no linebackers.

2 hours ago, billspro said:

1) Josh Allen will fall out of the top 15

2) 8 QBs will be taken by the end of day 2 (4 in the first, 3 in the second, 1 in the third)

3) Lamar Jackson will fall out of the first round

4) Zero OTs will be taken in round 1

5) Mike Gesicki will be the first TE taken

My only sure prediction?...Half of the people in this borad will be veeeery mad! :wub:

now, seriously: Not sure about your Allen prediction in this QB needy league we are following; not sure either about LJ falling that hard, since the GMs are going to be fully absorbed in the DSh Watson effect last year season (hallo effect?)...

6 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Bills make four trades during the 3 days of the draft and one of them includes All-Pro Guard Richie Incognito.

RI just played team-first-lunch-pal  nice guy, taking a paycut,  I don´t see this happening at all...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, USABuffaloFan said:

They get Nelson then I hope

Frank Ragnow and Braden Smith

Just now, BuffaLoko said:

RI just played team-first-lunch-pal  nice guy, taking a paycut,  I don´t see this happening at all...

He's getting married and wants to finish his career in AZ or nearby.  Bills will try to accommodate.  Pay-cut was to ease the cap hit for the trading team (just speculating).

• Like (+1) 1

Larry Fitzgerald is traded to Pats for 2nd round pick

Pats trade Gronk to Seattle for a 3rd this year and a 2nd next

Miami trades down, takes Rudolph in the mid first round

Denver takes Minkah Fitzpatrick passing on a QB letting Buffalo move to 6, 7, or 8 and get Rosen, Mayfield or Allen.

36 minutes ago, Capco said:

Is OT really that bad this year or is this a genuine bold prediction?

It is a horrible OT class

7 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

My only sure prediction?...Half of the people in this borad will be veeeery mad! :wub:

now, seriously: Not sure about your Allen prediction in this QB needy league we are following; not sure either about LJ falling that hard, since the GMs are going to be fully absorbed in the DSh Watson effect last year season (hallo effect?)...

There is usually a QB that falls hard on draft day. Most of the media had Kizer going in the first round last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1