Mason Rudolph could be the steal of the 2018 QB draft and has the most to prove per Bettis...

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree. He is tailor-made for the offenses those teams run and he'd get into a sit and learn situation with all of them. Personally, I don't want my rookie QB to have that kind of pressure unless he's an Andrew Luck ready coming out and, other than Rosen, I don't see one in this draft. 

Rosen has the tools no doubt and is tough as nails but the concussions scare me. If he gets more he could be out of the league just like that. Darnold to me has everything you look for but is like Cutler in that aspect too. He takes too many chances, throws INT's. Baker at 6' ft to me but very athletic is the a bigger strong arm Doug Flutie. He has everything you need to win, Doug was cocky as they come, Heisman winners usually are. Best College athlete. I like that label, want a winner. Allot more losers than top winners. When you can get one go for it, ie McCarron. 

3 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

Rudolph is going to be the BEST out of the draft. Mark my words.  Rosen will get into trouble with his coaches.  Baker will be good. Darnold COULD be great if he doesn't get drafted by the Browns.  Rudolph's IQ is HIGH.  I'd get him at #22. #12 we get CB, WR, or LB.

Lauletta is smarter, more intangibles with maybe a slightly weaker arm but can make all the throws. He will also be cheaper and easily can be taken late 2nd 3rd as long as it is before NE. If NE is interested so am I.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

The thing that personally I dont love about this cat is that for every excellent NFL style throw, he has a throw that wlda been picked or knocked down in the NFL- but he was saved by his receiver making a play for him. There doesnt seem to be a ton of anticipation throwing and I cant tell how many reads he is progressing through if any with any regularity. Maybe these are things he learns, but I dont get the same fuzzy feeling watching his highlights as Sam and even either josh.

With our receivers he's not going to get throws going his way. But from what your saying just seems like the type of quarterback that can thrive with weapons. Unfortunately we have ourselves in a position where that can't be our starting quarterback. AJ to a lesser degree was throwing to some really good WRs in Cincy.

I want to make a graphic of curt Warner's passer rating over time with his best WR every season. Had 2 HOF receivers + HOF Faulk and has one of the best seasons yet. Struggles with middling talent in the middle of his career, and at the tail end kills it with the best HOF receiver in the league at the time

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Can’t get too cute...while you’re trading back another team will be busy trading up and then you’re left with nothing...if you want him, probably best to take him at 12.

this is what i am thinking also. if he is their guy, just take him. don;t get cut. don't apologize. just get your guy. 

1 hour ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Garoppolo got to sit behind Brady to learn and isn't a sure thing in SF. Means nothing except what we know already. Shouldn't risk Bills future with 1st pick on a guy that needs to sit for 3-4 years before he become Garoppolo. I would do that to get a guy who might be Young, Favre, Brees, Rodgers. These guys were good but sat behind someone then got the job and went to Superbowls. Young, Brees and Favre each failed with original team. 

You know its interesting how guys like Garouppolo are tearing it up like a guy like D. Watson who others compare to the next thing as sliced bread but people want to ding him.   If he is getting it done (which he is) then he is getting it done.

If Mason Rudolph became this kind of player in a couple of years how do you NOT draft him especially if you get to keep your picks.   Seriously.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You know its interesting how guys like Garouppolo are tearing it up like a guy like D. Watson who others compare to the next thing as sliced bread but people want to ding him.   If he is getting it done (which he is) then he is getting it done.

If Mason Rudolph became this kind of player in a couple of years how do you NOT draft him especially if you get to keep your picks.   Seriously.

Neither of these guys have played a full year of games in the NFL. Right now they project well but they are good QB's. Rudolph has nothing in common right now with these guys, never took a NFL snap. Right now McCarron is 2-1 in NFL regular season and took team to NFL playoffs and played pretty good in a playoff game. That is more than any of the 3 QB's you mentioned did so far. Grappolos 7 wins are nice, they came on a Superbowl team starting a season and last year end of season nothing to lose situation, good but not the same playing for the playoffs. I give McCarron a step on this having played in a playoff game. By the way he has TWO College Championships!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

it doesn't matter who we draft, a.j. is gonna ball us into the playoffs and then in 2019 we can have a competition.....

which is a good thing....we haven't been in this situation in years. our 2018 lineup...a.j. /peterman/rudolph

it's gonna be an exciting year!   and you know what?...if this fo feels they are in good shape with a.j. and nate, and they take someone like white, i will trust them. i would like to use as many picks as possible.  it's so hard not to keep flip flopping on the issue, i'm gonna go nuts. wish i could wake up tomorrow and have it be draft day....sheesh:(

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

The man has a lot of process in him.  I just saw his white board session with mariucci on NFL Network.  Did anyone see it yet?

Impressive. RGIII did well on that in 2012, and I believe Ryan Mallett killed it too.

6 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

7 hours ago, Magox said:

If the Bills can't get Rosen or Mayfield then trading back from 12 a few spots to get Rudolph as a plan C would be good with me.

No need to trade back.  Grab Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward at 12.  Trade up from 22, a few spots and give up a 3rd; grab Rudolph in the teens.

18 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No need to trade back.  Grab Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward at 12.  Trade up from 22, a few spots and give up a 3rd; grab Rudolph in the teens.

You had me all the way even trading up from 22 till you said Rudolph. I truly believe him and Jackson slip to 2nd and beyond.

8 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

The man has a lot of process in him.  I just saw his white board session with mariucci on NFL Network.  Did anyone see it yet?

Great clip, thanks for posting. Not a bad short segment for Rudolph.

Since I've seen Mayfield mentioned in here as well, here is his segment with Mariucci for comparison:

IMO, Rudolph had the better segment. Mayfield, for someone who claims infectious leadership, was kinda a dud at the board. I liked the way Mason Rudolph could confidently talk about the play, and even use slang that Mooch hadnt mentioned. "Break his face and get friendly" lol!

The thing I worry about with Mayfield is that rallying a bunch of college boys is different than leading men.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BobDVA said:

I billieved that we would get Rudolph at 22, now I think we have to take him at 12 because the Patcheatiots*  will jump a head of us and take him before 22.

I've submitted on other threads that BB has Rudolph on his mind.  We better get him at 12, if Mayfield is gone.  Hear me now and billieve me later!!!

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sharp kid

Very “process”

As an aside, Mayfield played hurt too 

I wonder if he looks himself in the mirror in the morning and says, "I'm a man. I'm 50."

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Great clip, thanks for posting. Not a bad short segment for Rudolph.

Since I've seen Mayfield mentioned in here as well, here is his segment with Mariucci for comparison:

If you go off interviews Rudolph blew Mayfield away. Mannerism, posture, memory retention. Rudolph came off like he is a military guy with sir and his directness. Not enough questions asked but I could see trouble written in Mayfields eyes, acted alot like Manziel.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

If you go off interviews Rudolph blew Mayfield away. Mannerism, posture, memory retention. Rudolph came off like he is a military guy with sir and his directness. Not enough questions asked but I could see trouble written in Mayfields eyes, acted alot like Manziel.

Yeah, didnt like Mayfield's body language. And not sure a room of well-paid, grown-ass men who are there to get down to business are going to buy into Baker's schtick.

I also liked Rudolph's mention that he attended the Manning camp regularly. That's a great role model for commanding the huddle, calling plays, making sure guys are lined up, and driving the offense.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Mayfield just seemed to think it was a more laid back interview, but he knew what he was doing on the whiteboard.   Manziel had a lot more "warning" signs imo.

I looked back at "Gruden Camp" and Manziel said all the right things.  He didn't go into x's and o's, but he came across as humble.

Edited by Doc Brown

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000470265/2000-NFL-Scouting-Combine-Tom-Brady

Make sense why Brady was picked in the 6th round. Amazing he made it at all off this film. 

We have to remember some of these kids are barely 20 years old. They may still be growing into their bodies. 

I take back about Rudolph, be fine at 22, he had good college stats. He won't start in 2018 anyway. I personally still like Lauletta and McCarron.