Frank Ragnow - Arkansas C - private workout

PIZ

FWIW Chris Trapasso likes him a lot:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-frank-ragnow-is-the-top-center-in-this-class/

Frank Ragnow was well on his way to consideration as a first-round center until an ankle injury derailed his final campaign at Arkansas. Now, Ohio State's Billy Price is receiving that notoriety. While Price is an outstanding prospect -- who could play either center or guard in the NFL and will thrive as a run-blocker -- Ragnow's brilliance at the collegiate level shouldn't be ignored simply because he wasn't on the field over the final few months of the season.

According to Pro Football Focus, Ragnow allowed just one quarterback hurry while playing center in 2017 and two pressures in one game at right guard. Three hurries allowed on 488 snaps. In his Arkansas career, eight quarterback hits and 27 hurries surrendered on 2,603 snaps. Incredible.

Ragnow's pass-protection skill -- balanced base, back bend, well-timed punch, and lateral movement -- separate him from the rest of this loaded center class.

Sounds like he could be available at pick 65.

• Like (+1) 1

While I was sorry to see Eric Wood retire, it couldn't have happened in a better year for the Bills. There are at least three legitimate day one starting centers in this draft. I hope Buffalo gets one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the best players in the SEC. If he didn't break his leg he'd be a sure fire 1st rounder.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

I am hoping we draft Ragnow.  Give me Ragnow-Dante Pettis-and a bad ass LB or two and I will accept whatever bounty it takes to trade up for our QB

I'd be geeked if we can get Frank Ragnow, Dante Pettis, Fred Warner and Rashaad Penny somehow

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

9 hours ago, Pete said:

I am hoping we draft Ragnow.  Give me Ragnow-Dante Pettis-and a bad ass LB or two and I will accept whatever bounty it takes to trade up for our QB

Imagine Ragnow hiking the ball to Lamar Jackson, who will stand proudly in the shotgun, only to take off and run if the play breaks down!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If he had dinner with Castillo he will be thinking please don't draft me please don't draft me. We fired or released everyone that I thought should be fired except Castillo. I guess it will take the O-Line having another poor showing for Castillo to get fired in 2019.

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is Ragnow purely a C or can he play Guard?

From what I've read about him he has the size to play guard too. He also was a 3 year starter at Arkansas and he was voted team captain. Versatility, experience, and leadership. He's a McDermott player through and through.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

From what I've read about him he has the size to play guard too. He also was a 3 year starter at Arkansas and he was voted team captain. Versatility, experience, and leadership. He's a McDermott player through and through.

I respect anyone who had to play for Bret Bielema