Kevin White

I sit firmly in the camp of “the Bills receivers are bad.” Would you deal a late round pick to the Bears for Kevin White? He is seemingly healthy (finally) and they have added Robinson and Gabriel. It’s probably not likely that White regains his form but was an elite talent just a few years ago. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Why when we could get Cameron Meredith without giving up a pick? If the knee is ok he would be a really solid pick up.

I wouldn't mind signing Meredith and trying to get White for a 7th or 6th next year. The Bills receiving core beyond Benjamin and the hope of Zay Jones bouncing back is pretty bleak. Take a flyer on both players and draft a player in the 3rd or 2nd. There isn't much left on the market so take a chance on some players and if one pans out that's a lot of help. 

17 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Why when we could get Cameron Meredith without giving up a pick? If the knee is ok he would be a really solid pick up.

The Bears will 100% match offers on Meredith unless it's such a stupid deal that you would be made at your team for offering it. They have plenty of cap space and no reason not to match.

13 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Had a huge upside. Would be silly for Bears to let him go for peanuts ? 

Yea but sometimes situations get dicey and it happens. Not sure if either side is completely soured here but I suppose possible it could happen 

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I wouldn't mind signing Meredith and trying to get White for a 7th or 6th next year. The Bills receiving core beyond Benjamin and the hope of Zay Jones bouncing back is pretty bleak. Take a flyer on both players and draft a player in the 3rd or 2nd. There isn't much left on the market so take a chance on some players and if one pans out that's a lot of help. 

I’d be thrilled with either one. 

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I sit firmly in the camp of “the Bills receivers are bad.” Would you deal a late round pick to the Bears for Kevin White? He is seemingly healthy (finally) and they have added Robinson and Gabriel. It’s probably not likely that White regains his form but was an elite talent just a few years ago. 

I like the upside. Lets put a package together that get's us to 8 and gets uS White.

Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'd give a 5th rounder for him. Still has elite potential imo, he has just had horrible luck with injuries. His college film looked similar to Sammy Watkins

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Depends on how healthy he really is. Will he be as 'available' as McD wants his players to be ? Really wasnt a factor in his time with the Bears. Low draft pick is fine if we want to take a flyer but I honestly dont know his $$ cost. If BADOL is correct, then $2.7 MM sounds too high. 

With as talent-poor as the Bills are at WR, they can't afford not to give a player such as White a look. FAs aren't coming here until the QB position is settled, the draft isn't rich in WR's and a little dumpster diving isn't beneath them at this point. 

I’ll be the first to admit that I thought Kevin White was going to be the best WR in that class. 

Injuries have derailed him completely, obviously...

but why would anyone give anything more than a late 7th for him?

He’s proven to be made of glass. 

22 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

I'd give a 5th rounder for him. Still has elite potential imo, he has just had horrible luck with injuries. His college film looked similar to Sammy Watkins

5th???

Let me ask you - what do you think Zay is worth in terms of draft picks?

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Late round? Why not?

Sure.  But, it would almost be guaranteed a one year deal.

i think he was #7 or 8 overall pick and this is his 4th year?

So, you don’t pick up the 5th year.  If he does well he hits FAs and gets paid or we franchise him.

One year rental with some potential and expensive cap hit..maybe $6 million?

But, he could be a number #2 and we don’t have a #2.

I say sure.