Tebow

I looked up his stats.  It seems like he's been in the news a lot more than necessary for 8 home runs in A ball last year.

I'll give him credit though, he's playing AA now.  It would be pretty impressive if he stuck with it another year and made his way to AAA. It's a shame he's already 30 and can't carve out a nice baseball career, but I'm happy that the guy stuck with this.  He seems like a dedicated guy.

3 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Some of the other potential names were even worse, like the Timber Jockies...:o

The Altoona Curve of the Eastern League whiffed when they didn't name  the team the Fish. 

We here in Manch-Vegas NH are lucky to have our own EL team, the Fishercats. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sad to say...

The ONLY reason I clicked on this thread was to laugh at someone laying out their half baked plan for the Bills missing out on the top 4, TT quitting the Ponies, and Buffalo taking a flyer and in return He leads us to the Ship. 

Now I'm kinda disappointed- there was potential for the dumbest of the dumb threads.

Maybe there is hope afterall!!;)

Edited by gobills1212

Mets have been using him (whilst paying him) for minor league affiliate ticket/merch sales from day one.  I've hated the little experiment from the beginning and can't wait till it's over.  This guy is as good at pro baseball as he was at pro football.  Get back to calling college football games and making anti-abortion commercials with your mommy.  Fraud.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 homerun... but his stats will be poor there as they accumulate.   a soon to be 31 year old in AA ball isnt normal or a good thing.  last year, in A, he hit .226 with 8 homeruns and 126 strikeouts. 

i tipped my cap at him for trying, and good stunt by the Mets... but calling him up to AA was too far.  he teally doesnt/didnt deserve it other than name.

9 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

I'm sad to say...

The ONLY reason I clicked on this thread was to laugh at someone laying out their half baked plan for the Bills missing out on the top 4, TT quitting the Ponies, and Buffalo taking a flyer and in return He leads us to the Ship. 

Now I'm kinda disappointed- there was potential for the dumbest of the dumb threads.

Maybe there is hope afterall!!;)

I thought it was because we've seen a couple of Johnny Manziel threads...I was thinking /dev/null was providing the 'ying' to counter the 'yang' of Johnny Football's evil ways.

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Mets have been using him (whilst paying him) for minor league affiliate ticket/merch sales from day one.  I've hated the little experiment from the beginning and can't wait till it's over.  This guy is as good at pro baseball as he was at pro football.  Get back to calling college football games and making anti-abortion commercials with your mommy.  Fraud.

• Certainly don’t disagree with you that he probably doesn’t have the talent for the majors either and that he is being used by the Mets a little. But he imo is certainly no “fraud”. No one is perfect but you can get a pretty good idea of someone’s character by how they live. Tebow at least would take a knee to pray and to give respect and praise to his God. At least showing that he believed by his actions that the world doesn’t revolve around him. So sick of the “Gronks” that take a cheap shot after the play, blame the refs in the locker room, get slapped on the wrist with a one game suspension and then try and appeal it to the league. We all do it to some degree but I’m glad that Tebow is in the spotlight a little. He is a good man!!!
  • Like (+1) 1