Jordan Matthews to Pats

I liked him and was rooting for him while he was here - now I will not like him and root for him to fail

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Cant have 2 qbs taking a quarter of your cap. 22 for Brady, 24 for Jimmy G( franchise tag)

That's why you look to the future and not work from a shortsighted perspective. I mean seriously, Jimmy probably has a good 10-12 years in him while Tom has maybe 2. TB12 diet or no TB12 diet.

19 minutes ago, H2o said:

That's why you look to the future and not work from a shortsighted perspective. I mean seriously, Jimmy probably has a good 10-12 years in him while Tom has maybe 2. TB12 diet or no TB12 diet.

They had no choice but to trade him after Krafty put the kibosh on trading Tommy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Perfect fit for J Matt. Felt bad he had to waste a year here with a one read QB that struggled at throwing the ball to open recievers. Tape of him from last year was good, he'll have 800 yards and 8 TDs and be a solid fantasy pickup

10 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

In two years time,the patsies will be lucky if they are a 8-8 team.That franchise is headed downward and everybody knows it.

I hope you’re right man.. but people have been saying that for years. Someone has gotta be right eventually eh? 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think the Bills could have made him any offer to come back that he would accept without greatly overpaying. He needed to go somewhere he could get his career back on track with a good QB and passing game. 

I agree and it is a real shame because I think he is a quality WR. We just have to realize that a WR would be a fool to come here unless forced to, there are no other options, or we overpay.

Hopefully next year we have QB that changes that. Heck, even getting to 20th in the league in passing would be a tremendous upgrade.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I was excited when they traded for him but he was a bust.

Bust because of injuries and a QB who can't throw the ball. That's all.

Can you think of a single WR in a Bills uniform who hasn't been a bust over the past 3-4 years? I would say the closest would be Robert Woods, but he did much better after leaving. Is it because the front office cannot recognize good receivers or because our passing offense has been so bad it is impossible for a WR to succeed here?

4 hours ago, MJS said:

Bust because of injuries and a QB who can't throw the ball. That's all.

Can you think of a single WR in a Bills uniform who hasn't been a bust over the past 3-4 years? I would say the closest would be Robert Woods, but he did much better after leaving. Is it because the front office cannot recognize good receivers or because our passing offense has been so bad it is impossible for a WR to succeed here?

Yes, bust because of injuries. 

9 hours ago, Doc said:

He was healthy prior to being traded to the Bills last year as well.  And he'll do as well as every other WR who has gone there and people have predicted he'll be a stud.

Coming form him, no he wasn't. He said Philly Drs misdiagnosed his issues and thank goodness Bills staff found out what all was wrong.

and now he is all fixed he leaves us for the Pats.

anyone but the Pats Jordan.

dead to me now

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think he'll end up below Chris Hogan on the depth chart

They do love their Slots though

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Coming form him, no he wasn't. He said Philly Drs misdiagnosed his issues and thank goodness Bills staff found out what all was wrong.

and now he is all fixed he leaves us for the Pats.

anyone but the Pats Jordan.

dead to me now

They do love their Slots though

He'll produce for them similar to Hogan.

One of my Pals at work is a Bills and Sabres guy spoke to me about Matthews today.
 He has the syndrome as some here do. Bills go to Patriots to become successful each and every time.
This is the J Matthews who claimed he could be a #1 rec after not being retained by the Bills.
 We shall see if he is Hogan -esque or what he can produce in a high functioning offense. His Time as a Bill was injury riddled before day one. Folks have this thang. Well if they had a Real QB like Brady...

He is likely a good fit there. I feel he is an injury risk. I have not skipped ahead yet Doc. What is the contract? i did not see it yet today.

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

Matthews was philly's #1 WR for 4 straight years. he thrives in the slot where brady excels.

Hogan is a journeyman.

when healthy, Matthews is way better.

Where have I heard that before?

About as far from a major signing as can be, but I will say this for the Pats:  buying low like this makes a lot of sense. Matthews had an extremely unlucky year heath wise, but there's really no reason to think he's not the same guy who was a perfectly decent 3rd option (roughly 70 catches/year, 11.5 yards per catch or so) at WR in 2014-16.