Bleacher Report (And ESPN) - Bills possibly trading w/ Giants for #2 Spot

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:47 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can we just get this deal done already for crying out loud, everyday there is some report of us moving up. What is the hood up, get it done. ^_^

Preach brother, I'm done with this crap, just do it already.

I'm far from fatigued. This has been the most exciting and anticipated draft for a long time. Not only is it intriguing to watch what we will do but it is also inextricably linked to what the teams above us will be doing. There is a list of high end qb prospects each with different attributes. That's also what makes this draft exciting. All the qbs in question have different skill sets. How the Bills rate the prospects is probably not how the other teams rate the prospects. There are so many different options to explore. 

What makes this year unique for Bills fans is even though we are not currently near the top of the draft there isn't a team that has as much draft capital as we have. So in almost all the qb talk we are in the middle of the discussions. How much more exciting can that be?  

If you think about it the staging point for the qb discussion began last year when the Bills traded down with the Chiefs. Since then the table has been set as to how the Bills will maneuver in this upcoming draft. Mr Barbarian you may be exhausted but my juices are flowing with this draft talk. Although I wish there was more talk about the other positions that will be addressed. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

A pass rusher ✅ drafted in the 1st round ✅ on a rookie deal ✅ never been in trouble ✅ played in two different schemes in 2 years ✅

going to disagree with you 

To quantify as a push rusher dont you have to actually display that ability?

Moreover, Hughes was traded for Kelvin Sheppard, being a former first rounder doesnt inherently mean you have value.

Edited by BillsFan17

On 4/6/2018 at 4:27 AM, GunnerBill said:

They are not going to do it until they know the Browns have not taken their guy. If it happens it will be on the clock not before.

maybe so, seems logical.

But I'd guess the parameters of the deal are already written.

And the more I think about a trade with the Giants, the more I think Shady gets included and not Lawson. It's not an easy trade, but the Bills seem to have met with four or five draftable running backs, and that's a lot when you've just invested money in a backup running back.

I wanna be clear that I don't necessarily want to trade him but if we think about it he turns 30 in July and if the Giants want to try for one or two more playoff runs Shady would have to be considered as a desirable addition to their team. The Bills at the same time would be doing Shady a favor by giving him one or two last chances at a Super Bowl ring that he wouldn't get if the Bills kept him. So I am good with it either way. If it helps the Bills make this trade and get their franchise QB I think it is a win for all concerned.

Edited by DefenseWins
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

To quantify as a push rusher dont you have to actually display that ability?

Moreover, Hughes was traded for Kelvin Sheppard, being a former first rounder doesnt inherently mean you have value.

You said “zero value”... he’s not going to fetch a high pick but he absolutely has value 

Grigson is no longer employed for a reason 

7 hours ago, mannc said:

The Browns aren’t trading out of the 4 spot.  They don’t want or need more picks.

If the Giants take Barkley at 2 for some reason, then the Browns will be in business at pick 4. They get their QB at pick 1 and then without Barkely their at 4 I think they certainly would turn down 12, 22, and a 2nd next year for pick 4. The Browns could get their QB  and draft 12, 22, 33, 36, and 64, while pocketing a 2nd in 2019 (Which would hypothetically give them an extra 3rd and 2nd in 2019 thanks to the Danny Shelton trade.) 

But that being said I don't think the Giants pass on Rosen or Darnold. 

4 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

I wanna be clear that I don't necessarily want to trade him but if we think about it he turns 30 in July and if the Giants want to try for one or two more playoff runs Shady would have to be considered as a desirable addition to their team. The Bills at the same time would be doing Shady a favor by giving him one or two last chances at a Super Bowl ring that he wouldn't get if the Bills kept him. So I am good with it either way. If it helps the Bills make this trade and get their franchise QB I think it is a win for all concerned.

Newsflash:. The Bills made the playoffs last year.  The Giants finished 31st in a 32 team league.  I can buy that the Bills have a lot if work to do, but you guys act like they are further away than any other team in the league.  They are not.

1.  So, if we are going to trade 12, 22, 53, 65 and a 2019 2nd rounder for the NYGs #2, is everyone on board with it?

2.  Then, who does everyone want, assuming Darnold is gone?  Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen?  I go Josh Rosen.

12 minutes ago, PIZ said:

1.  So, if we are going to trade 12, 22, 53, 65 and a 2019 2nd rounder for the NYGs #2, is everyone on board with it?

2.  Then, who does everyone want, assuming Darnold is gone?  Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen?  I go Josh Rosen.

1. If that's all it will take, then hell yes. We still get a 2 and 3 this year, and keep next year's 1st. That's a win.

2. I'll trust Beane with any of those 3, but I think it's Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

If Darnold is gone, I would be happy with either Mayfield or Rosen... if we ended up taking Allen it would be a fail of epic proportions.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:18 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

They really need to move the draft up...

Move the combine up to mid Feb and move draft to early April... keep everything else the same. Give these kids a 3 week break prior to Rookie mini camp.... rest, relax, look at play books, be with family etc...

Draft used to be in the middle of April.

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Newsflash:. The Bills made the playoffs last year.  The Giants finished 31st in a 32 team league.  I can buy that the Bills have a lot if work to do, but you guys act like they are further away than any other team in the league.  They are not.

If the Giants want Shady (because they are passing on Barkley by trading us the #2 pick) I would go along with that as it will save us a draft pick or two and facilitate the trade. I am not ADVOCATING trading Shady if the Bills don't have to but if it is a stumbling block then go ahead and do it. The Bills have to think future first. Even if the Bills made the playoffs this year how far would they go? Future first!

• Like (+1) 2

I would only trade up for Rosen , Mayfield or Darnold.  It's a good draft for RBs. I would give 3 first rd picks or  12 , 22 and McCoy to move up to #2.

The Bill's 2nd and 3rd rd picks are needed this draft. Plenty of cap space in 2019 for free agents to cover loss of any traded picks that draft.

I thought about making a thread but there are enough trade up threads already so I’ll post my question here.....

For pure entertainment value, would you prefer the Bills to trade up before draft day arrives or when the team is on the clock we are going to trade with? (Obviously, assuming we are trading up)

I’d love some draft night drama, TBH.

20 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I thought about making a thread but there are enough trade up threads already so I’ll post my question here.....

For pure entertainment value, would you prefer the Bills to trade up before draft day arrives or when the team is on the clock we are going to trade with? (Obviously, assuming we are trading up)

I’d love some draft night drama, TBH.

I'd like it if the Bills traded to their spot before draft day. Just too nerve wracking otherwise and getting to draft day then seeing them stay put would be extra disappointing.