Bills, Pats draft picks timeline

While ur at it may as well ask how Cleveland obtained all their picks. It would at least maybe turn into some discussion. U could have googled and found it faster then making a thread to ask a simple question. Ugh the draft can't come any faster. Wow this place is going crazy.  

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

I guess I am not as smart as you, but frankly I don"t care about the Cleveland situation. If you do, that"s on you.

Well I didn't mean to offend   Great question by the way.  I mean thread!

The Pat's have done this for years.   The got the guy who might be the best QB ever in the NFL in the 5th round and have an evil genius for coach. They fill the roster with working stiffs from high in the draft and a bunch of veteran retreads.  Bellycheap has the ability to see the following in veteran players. They may not be a "complete" player, but they do some things really well. He fits a number of these guys together and makes it work as a superior team.  Evil genius.    Then he also is smart enough to trade away some guys who look really really good playing in his system for draft picks.  Garro at SF is an example.  He  picks up very solid linemen and linebackers.  They play for years with lower salaries.  The retread veterans play for lower salaries. He can afford the ocasional high prices guy for a year or two. 

I think Beane and company are doing something like that.  They traded away the high priced guys (Darby, Watkins, Darious etc) and will replace them with 1-3rd round rookies and low cost veterans.  He is beating the bushes for former upper draft pick guys and will sort thu them and find some cheap keepers who will play at a good level.

I don't know what they will do.  Does he see the next Tom Brady within the top 4 QB's and shoot for the moon in the draft?  Or will he take a quite good QB (who maybe in other years would be a top 10 pick) and get him at #22 or in the second round?

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

The Pat's have done this for years.   The got the guy who might be the best QB ever in the NFL in the 5th round and have an evil genius for coach. They fill the roster with working stiffs from high in the draft and a bunch of veteran retreads.  Bellycheap has the ability to see the following in veteran players. They may not be a "complete" player, but they do some things really well. He fits a number of these guys together and makes it work as a superior team.  Evil genius.    Then he also is smart enough to trade away some guys who look really really good playing in his system for draft picks.  Garro at SF is an example.  He  picks up very solid linemen and linebackers.  They play for years with lower salaries.  The retread veterans play for lower salaries. He can afford the ocasional high prices guy for a year or two. 

I think Beane and company are doing something like that.  They traded away the high priced guys (Darby, Watkins, Darious etc) and will replace them with 1-3rd round rookies and low cost veterans.  He is beating the bushes for former upper draft pick guys and will sort thu them and find some cheap keepers who will play at a good level.

I don't know what they will do.  Does he see the next Tom Brady within the top 4 QB's and shoot for the moon in the draft?  Or will he take a quite good QB (who maybe in other years would be a top 10 pick) and get him at #22 or in the second round?

Bellicheat is not that good. He lucked into Brady and that sums up his career!

there is so much bellicheat love on this forum it’s sickening!

50 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Bellicheat is not that good. He lucked into Brady and that sums up his career!

there is so much bellicheat love on this forum it’s sickening!

Sorry, he is the evil genius. Of course Brady might be the best QB ever in the league.  Bellycheck is one or two steps ahead of every new wrinkle in the game. (remember the "swarm defense" that he popped on the Bills where the d-linemen all have their hands off the dirt and mill around-  completely blowing the o-line blocking assignements? )  He fine-tune reads the rules and takes advantage of bad phrasing.  He cheats and usually gets away with it. He can beat you with your cast off players.  Check out the yardage for Chris Hogan for 4 years with Buffalo and 2 years with the pasties.   https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HogaCh00.htm 

Edited by maryland-bills-fan