TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

The Dolphins make everyone on the board hate them and select Josh Rosen QB, UCLA.

A couple of player comps you will see are to Cutler who Gase loves and his pure passing ability gets compared to Marino.  Although Tannehil is still on the roster there will be a qb battle in the Dolphins camp.  This is by far the bpa.  

@BuffaloHokie13 @Virgil you can put the poll up now.

You're the worlds biggest piece of ****.  Your mother never loved you.  They charge you for samples at Costco.  They built the Berlin wall to keep you out.  You wish you had a micro penis.  

Figured I'd just get the ball rolling :P

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Looking at the options available, are we certain the Bills can't trade back? :lol:

A full year of making big moves, trading down in the 2017 draft, trading away a ton of talent for draft capital... and then this... So Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

yea this is worst case scenario for the bills top 4 qbs gone and top 2 lbs as backup plans are gone

I know it's all fun and games in here, but if we cant get the Giants to trade with us, this could be a very realistic outcome.

I foresaw this yesterday lol.  I'm sorry everyone! I almost pulled a Jimmy Haslem and tanked the pick to help out my favorite team.  BTW googling Dolphins team owner shows a picture of Brady which I thought was hilarious.  Until I googled Bills owner and someone did it to us too!

Like I said though I can see the first 5 picks playing out how they did here (at least the names) which would put the Bills in a great spot.  Trading to 2 doesn't seem as important to me as it did when we started the exercise.

Just now, section122 said:

I foresaw this yesterday lol.  I'm sorry everyone! I almost pulled a Jimmy Haslem and tanked the pick to help out my favorite team.  BTW googling Dolphins team owner shows a picture of Brady which I thought was hilarious.  Until I googled Bills owner and someone did it to us too!

Like I said though I can see the first 5 picks playing out how they did here (at least the names) which would put the Bills in a great spot.  Trading to 2 doesn't seem as important to me as it did when we started the exercise.

I think you’re spot on. I also don’t think we need to trade down to #2. But it depends on who the Jets want and if he’s “our guy”. 

If things played out like this and we only had to jump to 10 to get Rosen, it would be the dream 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Vita Vea. No reason to stretch for a QB and take the 5th best QB in the draft when we could get the best DT available. Plus Rudolph could likely be available at 22

But does he and Star both go out there together?  They kind of fill the same roll, don’t they?  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

But does he and Star both go out there together?  They kind of fill the same roll, don’t they?  

I agree I think we go position of desperate need and go with LVE. Its a little high and may not be there at 22. Dudes a beast and perfect fit for mcd d

also personally im a Jackson fan so would have no issue with the bills taking him herre

Just now, Wsam4031 said:

I agree I think we go position of desperate need and go with LVE. Its a little high and may not be there at 22. Dudes a beast and perfect fit for mcd d

I think you hope for LVE at 22. Vea has been viewed at a top five talent in the whole draft, and would give us a tremendous replacement for Kyle. 

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

IIRC they are both really stout run defenders, but I don’t see this as such a bad thing. 

Having done this exercise a couple times, it really feels like 6-7 is the inflection point for the final place to trade up for a QB.  It goes to what Licht said about liking 7 guys likely to be available at pick 7.  Realistically I think Chubb - Barkley - Nelson are the only guys teams could potentially favor over trading down, especially at pick 12.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It's why I couldn't pick Vea.  DT is a depth need not a glaring hole.  Star, Washington and Kyle are an okay rotation.  Vita wouldn't be a terrible pick just not as big a need as other spots (namely lb and qb - I'd probably even put wr above dt)

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think you hope for LVE at 22. Vea has been viewed at a top five talent in the whole draft, and would give us a tremendous replacement for Kyle. 

IIRC they are both really stout run defenders, but I don’t see this as such a bad thing. 

Thing is I don't think he makes it to 22. I like Vea don't get me wrong, but dt with the signing of Star isn't our biggest ned rt now. Lb core looks pretty pitiful right now

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thx...ouch...can we trade back?  ?

This would seem to indicate that sticking at twelve and thinking at worst four early qb picks will push a really good pick your way is probably not the way to go.

• Like (+1) 1