TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

16 minutes ago, section122 said:

boy looking at the draft order and who is in front of me....  I don't know how I'm not taking Rosen at 11 :bag:

You really do have to. This is a Bills nightmare.

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

All the top 4-5 QB's have quite different strengths and weaknesses.  Some are potential head cases.  Some do everything pretty well.  Some have some injury problems.  Some are inaccurate (somehow that gets better when playing against pro cornerbacks).  Yet !!  All 4 are of equal ability here.  ???  I suspect the reason for that statement is to have to avoid making a decision as to who is the top dog.

From the time of OJ (1969) there have been 5 running backs drafted #1, most of them in the 1980's, which is about 30 years ago.

Bo Jackson          1986           that is 32 years ago.  almost a third of a century.

George Rogers    1981

E, Campbell          1978

Ricky Bell              1977

OJ                          1969.

In the time since OG, there have been 22 Quarterbacks drafted #1 and 12 defensive linemen.  5 running backs.  Might there be a reason?

I'd also be interested in knowing how many playoff games those 5 RBs have played in.

I know OJ, for all his record setting, only made 1 playoff appearance. Bo only had 1 playoff game in his career. I think Bell only had 2 playoff games.

The one difference for Cleveland this year though is owning that #4 overall pick as well. That allows them to get the pure "BPA" #1 overall and still get a top QB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wonder who the Bills take at 12 then if they are so interested in getting us a QB like they have been saying. Rudolph? Jackson?

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

On the flip side though.... There are 11 teams in front of the Bills and only 2 are certainly taking a qb in the Browns and Jets.  The Giants, Broncos, and Fish are all possibilities but not guarantees.  I can envision a scenario where 2 guys are left at 12 for the Bills.  All along I've thought the Bills needed to get to 2 and that still is the best case scenario but for the first time I feel pretty good that one of the top 4 guys will be there at 6.  That's a much cheaper trade to pull off.  I really want Mayfield/Rosen and I think one of the 2 slides a bit.

Ian RapoportVerified account

@RapSheet

I'm hearing the 49ers are giving serious thought to selecting Josh Rosen with the #9 pick.  They realize it may incite a riot on the Two Bills Drive message board and trading has been outlawed in the NFL, but the way top position players are coming off the board and the cost certainty regarding the pick it's very tempting to double down on the position.  The assumption within the team is Rosen will be happy in the Bay area, close to family and willing to learn behind Garoppolo.  The team feels his future value when trading is put back into the league would vastly outweigh a normal #9 pick.  Also, team executive Chuck Wagon was overheard saying "those Dolphins are getting a franchise QB at pick #11 over my dead body".

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I wonder who the Bills take at 12 then if they are so interested in getting us a QB like they have been saying. Rudolph? Jackson?

In the case of the top 4 guys gone I wouldn't hate Jackson.  That is way too early for Rudolph though.  I think he is safely there at 22.  If the rumors of Elway coveting Rudolph are true that might open 5 to be available for trade so they could grab a starter at 12 to fill one of there holes and then Rudolph at 22.

@BuffaloHokie13 Matt Miller's best available has Billy Price listed as a CB.  Might want to fix that.  I think he would be an epic bust at cb :lol:

Edited by section122

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

In the case of the top 4 guys gone I wouldn't hate Jackson.  That is way too early for Rudolph though.  I think he is safely there at 22.  If the rumors of Elway coveting Rudolph are true that might open 5 to be available for trade so they could grab a starter at 12 to fill one of there holes and then Rudolph at 22.

I do not think Rudolph  will last till 22 if Bills wait for him or even Denver. IMO NE will for sure to take him right before us with a modest jump that way it helps them and screws us. I can see Rudolph on NE and if they can wait for him they will but if they smell blood they will strike and take him IMO.

I really hope its not Jackson I am so done with the run after one read QB.

I agree Denver could move back but IMO if they wait to take a QB they will just move back into round one to get him with a trade up and at 5 take BPA.

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I do not think Rudolph  will last till 22 if Bills wait for him. IMO NE will for sure to take him right before us with a modest jump that way it helps them and screws us.

I really hope its not Jackson I am so done with the run after one read QB.

I agree Denver could move back but IMO if they wait to take a QB they will just move back into round one to get him with a trade up and at 5 take BPA.

Well most of this scenario is due to no trades being allowed in this mock draft. So while it would suck losing out on the top guys, we also dont need to worry about anyone jumping us at 22.

10 minutes ago, section122 said:

@BuffaloHokie13 Matt Miller's best available has Billy Price listed as a CB.  Might want to fix that.  I think he would be an epic bust at cb :lol:

lol when I typed in C it filled out the rest for me. Good catch!

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well most of this scenario is due to no trades being allowed in this mock draft. So while it would suck losing out on the top guys, we also dont need to worry about anyone jumping us at 22.

Not in this draft. With no trades I can see Arizona grabbing him as well before our 22 pick.

It’s a risk to take Rudolph this high, but Cardinals GM Steve Keim has always been aggressive as a decision-maker — and this pick would give the team a player it could develop into a quarterback.

Rudolph is ranked as the fifth- or sixth-best quarterback in this draft. He often is placed behind USC’s Sam Darnold, UCLA’s Josh Rosen, Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, Wyoming’s Josh Allen and Louisville’s Lamar Jackson. However, Rudolph thinks he’s the best of the bunch.

“I think I’m the best quarterback in this class, for sure,” Rudolph told CBS Sports’ Jim Rome in January. “You look at the tape and you look at what I’ve done over four years, the experience I’ve had, the starts, the ability to push the ball down the field and athletic enough … more athletic than people give me the credit for and get out of situations.”

Edited by xRUSHx

I have just realised that some numskull I believe he is called "John Schneider" has traded away my 2nd and 3rd round picks.  One for a 1 year rental of a defensive tackle and the other for a left tackle aged 103.  

Luckily the Seahawks have seen sense and dumped this loser.  GunnerBill is on the job now and the new regime is going all the way.  We better keep this mock going until round 5 where I have about 17 picks......

Edited by GunnerBill

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Not in this draft. With no trades I can see Arizona grabbing him as well before our 22 pick.

It’s a risk to take Rudolph this high, but Cardinals GM Steve Keim has always been aggressive as a decision-maker — and this pick would give the team a player it could develop into a quarterback.

Rudolph is ranked as the fifth- or sixth-best quarterback in this draft. He often is placed behind USC’s Sam Darnold, UCLA’s Josh Rosen, Oklahoma’s Baker Mayfield, Wyoming’s Josh Allen and Louisville’s Lamar Jackson. However, Rudolph thinks he’s the best of the bunch.

“I think I’m the best quarterback in this class, for sure,” Rudolph told CBS Sports’ Jim Rome in January. “You look at the tape and you look at what I’ve done over four years, the experience I’ve had, the starts, the ability to push the ball down the field and athletic enough … more athletic than people give me the credit for and get out of situations.”

I'd rather let them take Jackson at #15 which would have Rudolph (hopefully) fall to us at #22. I'm one of the seemingly few that dont like Jackson at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Jason La Canforaerified account @JasonLaCanfora Mar 29

Draft not working out well for the @BuffaloBills picking at #12. Lots of competing views on who they should select. #dysfunction.

In typical Bills fashion, it's GM by committee. Until Pegula gets a better structure there will be no accountability at One Bills Drive or Two Bills Drive.