TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

With pick # 60 the Pittsburgh Steelers select-Ohio State Jerome Baker.

Jags are on the clock, @wppete

One of the top inside linebacker prospects in the upcoming NFL draft is Ohio State’s Jerome Baker. The Pittsburgh Steelers are squarely in the market for a fast, athletic playmaker to line up inside and Baker could fit the bill. 

Baker is a very viable target for the Steelers. He’s got a skillset very similar to Shazier and has a ton of experience. The Steelers love to draft Buckeye defenders because they are able to integrate into the NFL game so quickly.

With the 61st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the  Jacksonville Jaguars select Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina. Mike Myocks #1 TE is still on the board and fits a need for the Jaguars. Hurst is Big athletic, good hands and tough. Gives the Jags another weapon to take pressure off Bortles. 

@TPS is on the clock. 

As expected, the Jags take TE Hurst, so the Viking go defense and add some youth to the back end. With the 62nd pick, the Vikings take Justin Reid, S, Stanford Cardinal.
from NFl.com
Overview

Reid is what teams are looking for at the safety position in 2018. He's a plus size/speed prospect who has the athletic ability to help with man coverage and the instincts and ball skills for ball-hawking duties on the back end. Reid can get himself into some trouble when he's overly aggressive, but his positive plays far outweigh the negative. He has the talent to become an early starter and a good one. Reid's instincts and play traits should make him a safe selection with Pro Bowl potential down the road.

ok folks, now is the time to make dinner or Go for a beer run, because  @aristocrat and the Patriots are on the clock...

I'm just bothered that we really didn't go BPA anywhere.  When I put the poll out, I took the best 2-3 at each position.  Some of them were 15-25 spots down the list and that's who we drafted.  

We went in with needs at QB, MLB, OLB, DB, G, C.  Our first pick technically addressed QB, albeit a reach in my opinion, then we get another DT after dropping 10 mil a year on Star, a WR that 20th BPA, a Center was close to BPA, then a LB who was 25 BPA.  

We didn't address DB, G, and reached high on 3 players.  

I think this just shows that most people go for the glory picks and can't look past the pick they are on.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm just bothered that we really didn't go BPA anywhere.  When I put the poll out, I took the best 2-3 at each position.  Some of them were 15-25 spots down the list and that's who we drafted.  

We went in with needs at QB, MLB, OLB, DB, G, C.  Our first pick technically addressed QB, albeit a reach in my opinion, then we get another DT after dropping 10 mil a year on Star, a WR that 20th BPA, a Center was close to BPA, then a LB who was 25 BPA.  

We didn't address DB, G, and reached high on 3 players.  

I think this just shows that most people go for the glory picks and can't look past the pick they are on.

People also tend to latch onto names that are decent value choices late and then overdraft them, imo.

Okay, both sheets are up to date for anyone looking to analyze. Draft through pick 65 is here, Matt Miller's Big Board with where players were drafted and to whom is here.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

People also tend to latch onto names that are decent value choices late and then overdraft them, imo.

All about name recognition.

Ragnow will likely end up a third round pick when all said and done (C's that aren't viable as Guards are rarely worth a whole lot"). Payne I think is very overrated on this board, Rudolph at 22 is a better option than Jackson at 12, in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes any draft that doesnt get the qb YOU wanted is a horrible draft

This would be a awesome draft......some solid players at needed positions and a QB that in a couple of years may outshine all the top 3 guys

Horrible because there is no way it will happen like this.