TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

3 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

And with the 47th pick,  the Arizona Cardinals select.....

Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford

The No Home Chargers & @patneiler are on the clock...

That blows. I'd have guessed he would've been a favorite for Bills' #53.

10 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Seriously... How many DTs can we get on the field at the same time?

Oops! I was thinking of what they really had, and forgetting about the picks here.

The name works too perfectly to pass up. 

With the 50th pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota St. 

Revamping the passing offense through FA and the draft, Calvin Ridley and Dallas Goedert will be next in line to take over the number 1 duties from Dez and Witten. Allowing for a year of tutelage under an all time great, Goedert will be able to refine his game and learn the ins and outs of preparation to make him successful at the next level.

I was hoping to get some DT help in the second but the value wasn’t there. 

The Lions and @MAJBobby are on the clock

Double gut punch.  I was pretty intrigued with the idea of going both Gesicki and Goedert at picks 53 and 56, hoping worst case we end up with a better TE than we've had in decades between the two of them, best case we hit two studs and can create some real mismatches out of 12 formation.

With the 51st pick in the draft the Detroit Lions select Tim Settle, DT Va Tech.

He is my top rated player on the board, and in a position of need.  I will put him next to A'Shawn Robinson and have an elite DT group.  Settle compares to Poe and can play every position on the DL from the 1 to the 5 tech.  Pro-Bowl ceiling and an elite first step DT.  Here is the Detroit Lions interior pass rush.

The Ravens and @BuffaloHokie13 are on the clock.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

With the 49th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select:

Ronald Jones II - RB, USC

HR threat that should add some much needed athleticism to the offense.

@EmotionallyUnstable the Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock

In real life perspective, how many RBs do the Colts need to get it right?

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Nice pick. I was hoping he was going to drop down. 

Good that 2 TEs went then, because the Vikings were getting a little excited that no TEs had gone yet about half-way into the second round. To have one of the top ones go right in front of them would've been really disappointing...