TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

33 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

I like the pick.  you are garenteed at least top 3 qb at 4 so might as well get the top playmaker while your at it

Doesn’t make sense to me.  There’s a chance you can get Barkley at 4 and your number 1 QB....the most important position.  Any team that would roll the dice on their QB like that to choose a RB is in for a rough future imo.  The your favorite QB first and foremost.  Then take Barkley if the giants don’t or BChubb.  Then draft Michel or guice in rd 2.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t make sense to me.  There’s a chance you can get Barkley at 4 and your number 1 QB....the most important position.  Any team that would roll the dice on their QB like that to choose a RB is in for a rough future imo.  The your favorite QB first and foremost.  Then take Barkley if the giants don’t or BChubb.  Then draft Michel or guice in rd 2.

Maybe he thinks that Baker Mayfield is the best qb.  It would be absurd to take him number 1 so he took BPA

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

With the 1st selection, the Cleveland Browns select Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State The Giants @whatdrought are on the clock

I am fully ready for and expecting the verbal backlash on this one. I know, I know "A RB at 1... TERRIBLE". "Cleveland wouldn't do that". The Mock Mel Kipers are going to spaz. I fully get it. And I agree.

If there were trades, pick here absolutely would have been a QB. Can't take the chance of losing this guy to the Giants. A backfield with Barkley and Hyde with TT and his running ability make my new ground game potentially deadly. Having Hyde lessens the workload for Barkley and delays that Rookie Wall that happens so often. Unlike past Browns regimes...I have a plan! 

I get your pick! I agree that Saquon won´t make it pass NYG if they can´t trade their pick.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well here's another way to think about it. I have 2 QBs that are VERY closely rated in my eyes. Would be happy with either. But I have Barkley above both. There is a chance that the Giants/Jets could go QB/QB but even if they do will they hit both I like? Possibly. I also think the odds would be higher of them taking Barkley than a QB. Calculated risk. As it sits right now I still have a choice of a minimum of 2 of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield. Who knows, I may end up with my top QB choice still and have secured Barkley.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

An interesting pick at 1. 

I will admit, the plethora of options is a bit overwhelming. 

I refuse to make it easy for ya ???

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

@whatdrought is on the clock

Virgil, all, can I suggest we write a code like @team name,  right in front of our chat replies here, similar to what we are doing for ¨@screen name is on the clock¨, so we can track conversations and maye ¨hints¨ from drafters?

Edited by BuffaLoko

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

In fairness, the Browns having picks 1 and 4, 4 QBs people could live with, no possibility for a trade at 2 for QB, all in all it's a pretty unique situation.

No trades, guy. To even suggest that you know what the Browns will do is the silliest thing I ever heard. 

This is the team that every scout told NOT to pick Manziel and the owner stepped in and said to pick him anyway. 

Upset its not falling the way you expected? Welcome to being a GM in the NFL draft. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Crap, sorry.  I forgot to add.  Fixed

Virgil, can we keep the original list form MM, and then highlight who is already gone? that way we keep , somehow, tabs of  any correlation or lack thereof between our draft and his ranks, Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

No trades, guy. To even suggest that you know what the Browns will do is the silliest thing I ever heard. 

This is the team that every scout told NOT to pick Manziel and the owner stepped in and said to pick him anyway. 

Upset its not falling the way you expected? Welcome to being a GM in the NFL draft. 

And to this point, the fact that the GM for the Giants remarked but didn't pick tells me that Barkley was the pick there, or at the very least was likely seriously in play for them. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Wild said:

Maybe he thinks that Baker Mayfield is the best qb.  It would be absurd to take him number 1 so he took BPA

Yeah.....if he thinks mayfield is the best qb.  Big IF

we’ll find out in a few weeks

Edited by NewEra

3 minutes ago, BuffaLoko said:

Virgil, can we keep the original list form MM, and then highlight who is already gone? that way we keep , somehow, tabs of  any correlation or lack thereof between our draft and his ranks, Thanks!

Here. I can keep up with that as well, though it may lag behind the main sheet a bit.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.....if he thinks mayfield is the best qb.  Big IF

we’ll find out in a few weeks

See Im talking about the No place to Hyde pick not the Browns.  It would be dumb to do it in the real draft but this is one without trades means you can estimate who is going ahead of you

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

And to this point, the fact that the GM for the Giants remarked but didn't pick tells me that Barkley was the pick there, or at the very least was likely seriously in play for them. 

Just the fact that anyone is bummed proved you probably made the right choice. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was defending the pick...