TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I can't explain the amount of anxiety I would have if the real draft was playing out like this.  I would be staring at the ticker waiting for it to say the Bills traded up :lol:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter Apr26

The 49ers have traded pick #9 to the Patriots for Rob Gronkowski, Pick #23, and Pick #31.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The 49ers have traded pick #9 to the Patriots for Rob Gronkowski, Pick #23, and Pick #31.

You know, if things played out like this......

I can’t even think of the appropriate reaction.  Have you seen “The Reaping?”  That x100

Edited by Virgil
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I would be okay with that.  Gronk is a huge part of their success.  Him leaving would only accelerate Brady's decline imo.

In reality I would probably throw my remote through the tv and then get yelled at by my wife for being such a baby. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I don't agree that RBs like Johnson, Shady, Bell are a dime a dozen.  I certainly think you can cobble together a backfield for situations like the Pats have had success doing.  But the backs who do it all are few and far between. Personally, I think Johnson is the second best back in the league, since he's 26 he's exactly the type of guy you'd want to put in the backfield next to a rookie QB.

Not to mention, trading him away and basically saying "we know we are going to be garbage" could, maybe would, lead to Larry Fitz retiring, then the Cardinals really would have nothing offensively.

Well I also tend to apply this statement to a few different topics, and it seems appropriate.  

Opinions are like @$$h0les, everyone has one and they all stink.  :D

Edited by TheBeane

I'm not going to lie, I'm genuinely conflicted here.  First I'm not sure I see the draft playing out remotely like this.  Second, if it did, there's no way this pick isn't traded.  The best position player on my board (by a gap) doesn't remotely fit the 49ers scheme, the best player overall on my board makes zero sense here and would ruin the integrity of this exercise.

But for the sake of some integrity, the 49ers select:

Derwin James, DB, Florida St.

Mike Mayock's analysis:

The 49ers run a cover 3 scheme similar to the Seahawks, as such long corners are required, which rules out Ward.  As badly as the team wanted to take Rosen, it simply makes no sense.  James versatility could potentially allow him to slot in as a long term successor to Richard Sherman, or in the "Cam Chancellor" role of the defense.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm not going to lie, I'm genuinely conflicted here.  First I'm not sure I see the draft playing out remotely like this.  Second, if it did, there's no way this pick isn't traded.  The best position player on my board (by a gap) doesn't remotely fit the 49ers scheme, the best player overall on my board makes zero sense here and would ruin the integrity of this exercise.

But for the sake of some integrity, the 49ers select:

Derwin James, DB, Florida St.

Mike Mayock's analysis:

The 49ers run a cover 3 scheme similar to the Seahawks, as such long corners are required, which rules out Ward.  As badly as the team wanted to take Rosen, it simply makes no sense.  James versatility could potentially allow him to slot in as a long term successor to Richard Sherman, or in the "Cam Chancellor" role of the defense.

That was my pick for the niners with how things played out.  He can learn from Sherman while playing a cb/s hybrid role.  I was nervous you were gonna screw me though :lol:

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

With the 10th selection, the Raiders select Termaine Edmunds--LB, Virginia Tech.  The Dolphins, @section 122 are on the clock.   

Dang if the qbs were gone that who I wanted the Bills to get

13 minutes ago, section122 said:

That was my pick for the niners with how things played out.  He can learn from Sherman while playing a cb/s hybrid role.  I was nervous you were gonna screw me though :lol:

Believe me, I researched Garoppolo's contract.  If there was any sort of out clause after a year or two, Rosen would have been the pick, but with $75 mil guaranteed I could not have picked him and maintained any sort of integrity.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

With the 10th selection, the Raiders select Termaine Edmunds--LB, Virginia Tech.  The Dolphins, @section 122 are on the clock.   

Couldnt let him fall to us at 12?! 

Wait are Rosen and Mayfied both still there?

Dolphins take Mayfield and the Bills get Rosen!!!!!

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Couldnt let him fall to us at 12?! 

Wait are Rosen and Mayfied both still there?

Dolphins take Mayfield and the Bills get Rosen!!!!!

Mayfield went to the Browns. 

The Dolphins are taking Rosen

The Dolphins make everyone on the board hate them and select Josh Rosen QB, UCLA.

A couple of player comps you will see are to Cutler who Gase loves and his pure passing ability gets compared to Marino.  Although Tannehil is still on the roster there will be a qb battle in the Dolphins camp.  This is by far the bpa.  

@BuffaloHokie13 @Virgil you can put the poll up now.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

The Dolphins make everyone on the board hate them and select Josh Rosen QB, UCLA.

A couple of player comps you will see are to Cutler who Gase loves and his pure passing ability gets compared to Marino.  Although Tannehil is still on the roster there will be a qb battle in the Dolphins camp.  This is by far the bpa.  

@BuffaloHokie13 @Virgil you can put the poll up now.

This is the darkest day of being a Bills fan...

• Like (+1) 1