TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This no trade mock really makes me think we are going to see at least one trade in the first in real life 

People complained about the amount of trades in the first mock, but I think it will be close. 

It only takes one team to pass on a QB or one player getting taken early for the frenzy to being. 

I set the over/under on first round trades at 5

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

It's also pretty clear that the team that gets pretty screwed by trades is Miami (if they want a QB), which is great!

I wonder how real their interest in a QB is.  I just don’t see them dumping and walking away from Tannehil completely 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

5 1st round trades is a lot, but I don’t think it’ll be too much lower 

I want to make a thread the week of the draft with a bunch of bet questions. 

Trades, QB’s taken, too 5 picks, etc. 

Try to make it fun and take the edge off. 

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

5 1st round trades is a lot, but I don’t think it’ll be too much lower 

Is it?  There were 5 draft day trades last year:

Chicago - San Fran

KC - Buffalo

Houston - Cleveland

Atlanta - Seattle

Cleveland - Green Bay

That is without all the legacy trades that affected the 1st round.  

Just now, Virgil said:

I wonder how real their interest in a QB is.  I just don’t see them dumping and walking away from Tannehil completely 

Gase is an Offensive minded coach who is on record multiple times as not happy with his offense or his team's mindset when playing from behind, granted last year was without Tannehill. If he has a shot at the top 4 I'd wager on him taking one.

The only trade I thought was questionable in Mock 1 was the Cardinals trading David Johnson to get up to get Baker.  I just don't see him as a player who is anywhere near available for them.  But for the purposes of the exercise it could have reasonably been considered they would trade their 2019 1st to move up and get the last QB.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Gase is an Offensive minded coach who is on record multiple times as not happy with his offense or his team's mindset when playing from behind, granted last year was without Tannehill. If he has a shot at the top 4 I'd wager on him taking one.

Yeah I have been reading about them for the last draft and this one.  It seems that QB isn't a need per se but that the team also wouldn't be against getting one.  Tannehil hasn't played meaningful football since December of 2016 and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either.  Rosen at 11 when his comp that comes up time again as Marino?  Pick makes itself.  In real life if a top guy is on the board after the Broncos pick every team between them and the Fins would be a likely trade partner for the Bills.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The only trade I thought was questionable in Mock 1 was the Cardinals trading David Johnson to get up to get Baker.  I just don't see him as a player who is anywhere near available for them.  But for the purposes of the exercise it could have reasonably been considered they would trade their 2019 1st to move up and get the last QB.

Yeah the inclusion of Johnson was far beyond reality but the move might not be as you said just different capital.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

As the "owner" of the Cardinals when that deal went down, I actually offered the 2019 1st, and a few other picks, to move up.  But was counter offered the D. Johnson deal and accepted.

Main line of thinking was that, yeah Johnson has been good, but RBs are a dime'a'dozen these days QBs are not.  We do not have a long-term QB, and with that trade we can still get a very talented RB with the remaining picks on the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

As the "owner" of the Cardinals when that deal went down, I actually offered the 2019 1st, and a few other picks, to move up.  But was counter offered the D. Johnson deal and accepted.

Main line of thinking was that, yeah Johnson has been good, but RBs are a dime'a'dozen these days QBs are not.  We do not have a long-term QB, and with that trade we can still get a very talented RB with the remaining picks on the draft.  

I don't agree that RBs like Johnson, Shady, Bell are a dime a dozen.  I certainly think you can cobble together a backfield for situations like the Pats have had success doing.  But the backs who do it all are few and far between. Personally, I think Johnson is the second best back in the league, since he's 26 he's exactly the type of guy you'd want to put in the backfield next to a rookie QB.

Not to mention, trading him away and basically saying "we know we are going to be garbage" could, maybe would, lead to Larry Fitz retiring, then the Cardinals really would have nothing offensively.

• Like (+1) 1

I can't explain the amount of anxiety I would have if the real draft was playing out like this.  I would be staring at the ticker waiting for it to say the Bills traded up :lol:

7 minutes ago, TOboy said:

With the 8th pick in the 2018 draft, Da Bears select LB Roquan Smith. 

I like this pick and match.  He and Trevathan in the middle with Floyd on the outside would be a great lb crew!