TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

With the 36th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select:

Sam Hubbard - DE, Ohio State

The Indianapolis Colts are on the board again but they need to wait a few min so they can watch some highlights on their new DE

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

With the 32nd selection in the 2018 NFL Draft, the World Champion Philadelphia Eagles select......

D.J. Moore, wide receiver, Maryland.

@No Place To Hyde and the 1-31 Fightin' Hue Jackson's are now on the clock.

Nice intros' @Bloke- 

Just now, whatdrought said:

With the Second pick in the Second round of the 2018 draft (34th overall) the NY footballs Giants select, Derrius Guice, RB Louisiana State University. 

@noplacetohyde is back on the clock with the brownies.

A good pick!  Consistent with Barkley escaping to them. ..

Edited by BuffaLoko

With the 37th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, The Indianapolis Colts select:

Courtland Sutton - WR, SMU

The Indianapolis Colts are pleased to get a big target at WR for Andrew Luck. They think he is a day 1 starter as they look to rejuvenate their passing game this season.

@CajunBillsBacker the Tampa Bay Bucs are now on the clock

On 4/5/2018 at 6:10 PM, BuffaLoko said:

I get your pick! I agree that Saquon won´t make it pass NYG if they can´t trade their pick.

You agree with this pick? Do you think Buffalo needs to trade up to the top 5 for a QB? My guess is your answer is yes. Either that or you don't think the QB position is that important. This draft has 1 true #1 QB, 4 legitimate QB's for the 1st round. It has two swing the bat types with tremendous athletic ability. Why on earth would you think Cleveland wouldn't draft a QB 1st and get their exact guy they want. As great as Peterson was he never got Minnesota to the big game. Taylor is not the future. Who Cleveland grabs at QB is the question. Cleveland has more picks then the Bills. I could see Cleveland moving to pick 2 and getting 1-2 pick. Giants need much more than RB, O-line and D-line is a joke. They could use a extra 2nd pick which Cleveland is loaded with. Then Cleveland gets everything they want and Giants at 4 picks Nelson or Chubbs. Cleveland is the player here, Giants can't afford to go for RB with Eli the QB still. If Giants stay at 2 they are grabbing the QB of the future. Only reason to stay there, get so much more in a trade.  

11 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

You agree with this pick? Do you think Buffalo needs to trade up to the top 5 for a QB? My guess is your answer is yes. Either that or you don't think the QB position is that important. This draft has 1 true #1 QB, 4 legitimate QB's for the 1st round. It has two swing the bat types with tremendous athletic ability. Why on earth would you think Cleveland wouldn't draft a QB 1st and get their exact guy they want. As great as Peterson was he never got Minnesota to the big game. Taylor is not the future. Who Cleveland grabs at QB is the question. Cleveland has more picks then the Bills. I could see Cleveland moving to pick 2 and getting 1-2 pick. Giants need much more than RB, O-line and D-line is a joke. They could use a extra 2nd pick which Cleveland is loaded with. Then Cleveland gets everything they want and Giants at 4 picks Nelson or Chubbs. Cleveland is the player here, Giants can't afford to go for RB with Eli the QB still. If Giants stay at 2 they are grabbing the QB of the future. Only reason to stay there, get so much more in a trade.  

Wow. Thank you for all of these 100% true facts. Much appreciated 

On 4/5/2018 at 6:54 PM, joesixpack said:

The jets still select josh Allen.

I personally think Cleveland will go Allen 1st overall, they have time to groom with Taylor. Taylor has a big arm and is accurate, he has things he could teach Allen, Allen can run too. They give Giants what they want so they don't get stupid and select RB. Cleveland will pick 2 also and get Barkley. Giants get pick 4, pick 32 (pretty much like a 1st pick)  and a 4th rounder . Now the Giants can fix either line (Nelson or Chubbs) and get next best back top of the 1st round. I say QB will be there at 34 for them in Rudolph. 

18 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wow. Thank you for all of these 100% true facts. Much appreciated 

NO PROBLEM. 

On 4/5/2018 at 8:14 PM, Domdab99 said:

I never said it wasn't a decent QB class. Is it better than average? Probably. But I don't think it is worth trading up and giving away a lot of picks for one of those QBs.

...You guys really do like spouting BS, you know that? 

You have changed your tune. I started a post over a month ago after Bills traded to 12th pich and said, "With the 12th pick Bills select" . You blasted me telling me no way Bills would move to 12th and stay there. They have to move up and get their QB. What changed?         

"Actually, they can only get one very good player. They did not trade up to 12 to pick Lamar Jackson. They're going to move up further. "

Edited by USABuffaloFan

19 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Well, being the guy that took the pick, let me explain.

To me and in my eyes alone, a good fit has a lot to do with a player and his success at the next level. It's also a fact that though many pundits pit Darnold at #1 overall, I don't agree with it. Not for Cleveland. 

This is a team that will likely be in a lot of close games within their division alone. Turnovers are a death sentence for them. They traded a very valuable pick for Tyrod Taylor whose BEST quality is his ability to protect the ball. Tells me the Browns value ball security. That's not Darnold. I'm not a big fan of Allen #1 overall. That left Mayfield or Rosen. While Rosen may be the best overall QB in the draft, I DO question his fit in Cleveland. Not saying he wouldn't thrive, but Baker Mayfield fits what they would need. A guy with heart and fire? PERFECT for reinvigorating that fan base. Has a chance to sit in the QB room with not 1 but 2 guys that are constantly lauded as extremely professional NFL players in Taylor and Stanton. Absolutely a perfect situation in my opinion.

Now about Barkley at 1. As I said in the original post where I picked, had this been a typical draft, QB WOULD have gone 1. But withing the constraints of this one, Barkley was the smarter play imo.

I felt as if the Giants would go with one of 4 players. Darnold, Chubb, Nelson or Barkley. At 3 I figured they would go with one of Darnold, Rosen, or Allen. 

By picking the way I did I protected the 25% chance of losing Barkley while still having a solid chance at Mayfield (who was my first choice). And if the Jets took him, I still had Darnold, Rosen or even Allen at 4. 

TL;DR:

I as the Browns GM did get the exact QB I wanted as well as the top playmaker I coveted. Truth be told...on draft Day teams ALWAYS do what the "experts" say they won't.

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

To me and in my eyes alone, a good fit has a lot to do with a player and his success at the next level. It's also a fact that though many pundits pit Darnold at #1 overall, I don't agree with it. Not for Cleveland. 

This is a team that will likely be in a lot of close games within their division alone. Turnovers are a death sentence for them. They traded a very valuable pick for Tyrod Taylor whose BEST quality is his ability to protect the ball. Tells me the Browns value ball security. That's not Darnold. I'm not a big fan of Allen #1 overall. That left Mayfield or Rosen. While Rosen may be the best overall QB in the draft, I DO question his fit in Cleveland. Not saying he wouldn't thrive, but Baker Mayfield fits what they would need. A guy with heart and fire? PERFECT for reinvigorating that fan base. Has a chance to sit in the QB room with not 1 but 2 guys that are constantly lauded as extremely professional NFL players in Taylor and Stanton. Absolutely a perfect situation in my opinion.

Now about Barkley at 1. As I said in the original post where I picked, had this been a typical draft, QB WOULD have gone 1. But withing the constraints of this one, Barkley was the smarter play imo.

I felt as if the Giants would go with one of 4 players. Darnold, Chubb, Nelson or Barkley. At 3 I figured they would go with one of Darnold, Rosen, or Allen. 

By picking the way I did I protected the 25% chance of losing Barkley while still having a solid chance at Mayfield (who was my first choice). And if the Jets took him, I still had Darnold, Rosen or even Allen at 4. 

TL;DR:

I as the Browns GM did get the exact QB I wanted as well as the top playmaker I coveted. Truth be told...on draft Day teams ALWAYS do what the "experts" say they won't.

I still would want to take the QB I want, not who drops. Cleveland has the picks to get Giants second pick over anyone else. They have 4th pick and 3 second round picks. If they like Barkley that much give all your 2nd's 33,35,60,108 to Giants or next years 1st, 33 and 35 and select 1, 2 and 4. Noone has ever done that!!!!! Telling me the Giants wouldn't do that?

Cleveland gets Allen, Barkley and Chubbs. Giants have alot of needs

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

TL;DR:

Completely incorrect 

Just now, NewEra said:

Completely incorrect 

Ok. That's why Mel Kiper and Todd McShay have such perfect mock drafts...right? 

The "experts" ball park things. Sometimes they hit...but misses are a MUCH higher %.

But feel free to PM me how I'm wrong so we can keep it off this topic. 

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I still would want to take the QB I want, not who drops. Cleveland has the picks to get Giants second pick over anyone else. They have 4th pick and 3 second round picks. If they like Barkley that much give all your 2nd's 33,35,60,108 to Giants or next years 1st, 33 and 35 and select 1, 2 and 4. Noone has ever done that!!!!! Telling me the Giants wouldn't do that?

Cleveland gets Allen, Barkley and Chubbs. Giants have alot of needs

And you completely missed my point. This isn't a typical mock draft. It's a no trade. Within the framework of the system I got my top QB and playmaker. Again, if you wish to discuss actual draft please PM me and we can continue there!

4 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

@USABF, my comment is in regards to what transpired in this mock draft, not what I think would be convenient for the real team, however I appreciate your analysis as well.