TSW Mock Draft vs Actual Draft

Virgil

With the 4th pick in the draft the Cleveland Browns select Baker Mayfield. QB OU. The Broncos and @Canadian Bills Fan are on the clock.

Mayfield was my #1 from the start. I was hoping the Giants would take the Darnold bait and the Jets with Rosen. But I will stick to my guns.  Not anything against Darnold, but with Tyrod as my QB I want a guy that can start early if need be. I'm not convinced Darnold can. His turnovers are potentially fatal for a team that may be in a lot of close games. The history of Darnold and his fumbles worry me, especially for a cold weather team that will aspire to host playoff games in the future.

"I'd love that," Mayfield said of potentially being selected by the Browns. "First things first, they'd get a winner. If anybody's gonna turn that franchise around, it'd be me. I'd be able to put it in the right direction."

We talk about his intensity fitting here in Buffalo... Cleveland is much the same. 

Does Mayfield act immature at times? Sure. But he's got a guy in the QB room that love or hate is by all praised as being a consummate professional. Hard working and dedicated. I think he could mature under Taylor. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

With the 4th pick in the draft the Cleveland Browns select Baker Mayfield. QB OU. The Broncos and @Canadian Bills Fan are on the clock.

Mayfield was my #1 from the start. I was hoping the Giants would take the Darnold bait and the Jets with Rosen. But I will stick to my guns.  Not anything against Darnold, but with Tyrod as my QB I want a guy that can start early if need be. I'm not convinced Darnold can. His turnovers are potentially fatal for a team that may be in a lot of close games. The history of Darnold and his fumbles worry me, especially for a cold weather team that will aspire to host playoff games in the future.

"I'd love that," Mayfield said of potentially being selected by the Browns. "First things first, they'd get a winner. If anybody's gonna turn that franchise around, it'd be me. I'd be able to put it in the right direction."

We talk about his intensity fitting here in Buffalo... Cleveland is much the same. 

Does Mayfield act immature at times? Sure. But he's got a guy in the QB room that love or hate is by all praised as being a consummate professional. Hard working and dedicated. I think he could mature under Taylor. 

Called it haha

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I personally think it's a great pick. 

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I see a QB controversy coming soon....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I was defending the pick...

Musta quoted the wrong dude, sorry broseph. 

33 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Well played. Pick makes sense now

They had 1 and 4. What did you think was going to happen? 

Dont really agree with Mayfield over Darnold but you really didn’t get how Mayfield could still be there at 4? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

10 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

They had 1 and 4. What did you think was going to happen? 

The point was they were interested in picking a QB that wasn't one of the top guys and was expected to still be available at 4 anyways so it does make sense. It was more realistic than if they said we don't care what QB we get we will just take a RB first and figure it out later

Edited by kdiggz

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So you don't think this a good Quarterback class but it is a bad pick when a team takes a non-QB first? 

I never said it wasn't a decent QB class. Is it better than average? Probably. But I don't think it is worth trading up and giving away a lot of picks for one of those QBs.

...You guys really do like spouting BS, you know that? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I never said it wasn't a decent QB class. Is it better than average? Probably. But I don't think it is worth trading up and giving away a lot of picks for one of those QBs.

Until you have a QB you are going around in circles. It is absolutely worth the picks. 

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

You must be great at weddings 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You must be great at weddings 

I used to DJ weddings when I was younger...I was awesome at weddings

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Until you have a QB you are going around in circles. It is absolutely worth the picks. 

So we disagree. So what? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

The jets still select josh Allen.

I will be so happy if Allen goes to the Jets on draft day.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

We’re the jets. Do we have any coherent reason for doing anything?

Very true, their front office is a mess.

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

@MockJasonLaConjecture Hearing word now that with both Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold available at 5 John Elway is in a catatonic state of shock. 

Nope.  The Canadian is fighting within himself to be nice to us and let a QB drop

• Haha (+1) 1

Since the Broncos will most likely go qb the Colts will most definitely take Bradley Chubb. 

I know what you’re going to say, the Giants already took him. Nope, look at the first page again...

“2 - Giants - Bradley Chubbs”

*edit* thanks for ruining my joke Virgil!

Edited by Bobby Hooks