April Movies: Avengers, Rampage, A Quiet Place, & I Feel Pretty

Mark Vader

Saw You Were Never Really Here the other night, it ended up getting a short run at a local indie theater.

Absolutely fantastic and absolutely brutal film.  If you can stomach the subject matter, I highly recommend it.  Camera work, sound editing, all the technical stuff, to my amateur eye, were solid.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:16 AM, shrader said:

I think we need a separate thread for this one.

I was thinking the same thing.  I came on here expecting to see one.  Surprised no one started one yet.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:51 AM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Infinity War was insane. Marvel went all out. 

See it in IMAX 3D if at all possible.

Expect the unexpected, especially if you are unfamiliar with the comic book story lines. 

Yeah, it was incredible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 3:37 PM, Dante said:

I kinda enjoyed "Quiet Place" Mark

Simple enough story. Well directed. The atmosphere was well done. I bet the actors liked working on it. Didn't have to remember any lines!

I finally saw "A Quiet Place".

I thought it was good, not great. I agree with you about the atmosphere. It was a decent thriller. I thought the final shot was a bit silly.

The creatures were a rip off from "Stranger Things", so it loses some creativity points there.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I finally saw "A Quiet Place".

I thought it was good, not great. I agree with you about the atmosphere. It was a decent thriller. I thought the final shot was a bit silly.

The creatures were a rip off from "Stranger Things", so it loses some creativity points there.

I agree with you. Overall enjoyable though. 

• Like (+1) 1