Always something new to see

row_33

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have never seen that called.

Hershiser was quite forceful on the Dodger TV crew in saying it isn’t a balk on an inside move to second base.

Rockies manager came out to argue in a calm way and get his point across after ejection for questioning the call

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, row_33 said:

Brewers starter sent out just to face Carpenter tonight, yanked after he does this.

This sport is losing me more each week....

The curse of the expanded September roster.  Brew Crew only gave up 4 runs but needed 9 pitchers to do it.

They should expand the roster in September but make teams name a 25 man roster for each game. Teams would sit 4 starting pitchers every night but it would still be a step in the right direction.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, SinceThe70s said:

The curse of the expanded September roster.  Brew Crew only gave up 4 runs but needed 9 pitchers to do it.

They should expand the roster in September but make teams name a 25 man roster for each game. Teams would sit 4 starting pitchers every night but it would still be a step in the right direction.

I like baseball until football starts, and I'll watch the Yankees games in the playoffs, other than that I need a compelling reason to watch the regular season limp to a sad finish

this was two top playoff contending teams that did this, not the O's.

this is baseball to me:  

July 2, 1963: Marichal outduels Spahn in 16-inning thriller

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2018 at 9:14 PM, SinceThe70s said:

If I heard the announcers correctly, Woodruff's HR against Kershaw was the first HR by a lefty swinging pitcher against a left handed pitcher in the post season - EVER.

And as my son pointed it was hit by a relief pitcher.

some pitcher's have been great at the plate for baseball history

have been part of sim leagues for the 1940s and 50s and they have to prevent using a Bob Lemon from pinch hitting in games.

Edited by row_33

• 2 weeks later...

The other night, I thought I was hearing things and just blew it off .... I thought I heard Max Muncy refer to Rich Hill as "Dick Mountain."  This morning I decided to google it and I'll be damned.  He did.  I think that's hilarious.  What's funnier is the Dodgers getting their ***** handed to them. Bunch of dirty bastards.  HA!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, row_33 said:

some pitcher's have been great at the plate for baseball history

have been part of sim leagues for the 1940s and 50s and they have to prevent using a Bob Lemon from pinch hitting in games.

Sim leagues for the 40's and 50's, tell me more.    Just found out there is no emoji with ears or showing a hand trying to hear, so this sentence is a substitute.

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

Sim leagues for the 40's and 50's, tell me more.    Just found out there is no emoji with ears or showing a hand trying to hear, so this sentence is a substitute.

Some computer sim games have allowed for organization over the internet for leagues the last few decades.

Most are drafts but some leagues gave you a franchise, I had the Dodgers in one replay for the late 60s until I quit eventually.

A lot of people took it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY for my liking, I wish them all peace and good vibrations...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

-----------------------

it's been a super heavy grind of billable hours the last 6 weeks, coulda used it spread out better the prior 3 months

so i tune in for the Astros/Yankees and it's ESPN ruining it again, cutting out 60% of the live action constantly, panning back to some fat **** in the booth who isn't remotely entertaining in any capacity every second pitch

turned it off after a few innings, hopefully game 3 will be the local Houston or YES feed for once.

• 1 month later...

Turned on the Mets game tonight in time for  the Mets and umpires taking the field. First and second base umps (both older looking gents) were having a foot race down the first base line when one reached back to his leg...clearly tweaked (or worse) his hamstring. Never saw that before. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The intentional balk.

Up 5-3 with two outs in the top of the 9th and Jason Heyward on second base Kenley Jansen announced to the second base ump that he was going to balk and then did just that. Dodgers didn't want Heyward stealing signs or location from second base.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-kenley-jansen-20190615-story.html

Ironically, Heyward was at the plate last year when Mets SS Amed Rosario went out of his way to block the runners view of the Mets catcher as he was putting the signs down.

https://elitesportsny.com/2018/06/01/new-york-mets-news-jason-heyward-yells-at-amed-rosario-for-sign-block/

• Thank you (+1) 1