Look Out for WR DJ Moore - Has a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills

He won’t draft a receiver in the first.  Get me one or 2 in the later rounds of St. John, ND, Cobbs, Indiana, or Anthony Miller, Memphis and I’m good.  

You dont spend high high picks on receivers unless they are elite talents since it’s such a dependent position. 

On 4/9/2018 at 8:52 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

2. D.J. Moore (Maryland) | 6’0/200

Combine numbers-

40-yard: 4.42 sec | bench reps: 15 | 3-cone: 6.95 sec | 20-yard shuttle: 4.07 sec | vertical: 39.5 in | broad: 132 in

Athletic composite percentile: 97.1%

Player Comp: The Steve Smith starter kit in raw form (hat tip: Dane Brugler)

Moore burst onto the scene in 2017 by piling up an eye-opening 80-1033-8 line. He did so despite Maryland playing a brutal slate of opponents (10 of 12 in the top-65 of S&P+) while mostly using fourth-string true freshman QB Max Bortenschlager after its top three quarterbacks all got hurt. Moore was almost always facing the opposing team’s No. 1 corner (and he squared off against some studs, Holton Hill and Mike Hughes in the non-conference slate, Denzel Ward and Rashard Fant in-conference, etc.). Maryland’s offense as a whole was abominable last fall (No. 113 S&P+), and yet Moore consistently produced as a large percentage of the offense was deliberately funneled to him.

Moore’s ascension continued in Indianapolis, where he measured in bigger than expected and then dominated in tests. He’s a short speed merchant, but he’s more than that. He’s thick and quick, he runs good routes, and he’s a crafty and explosive runner after the catch, sometimes erasing good angles being taken by defenders by taking a false or exaggerated step. He’s well-built, competitive and tough, and he has good hands and body control. Does any of that sound like Steve Smith? That’s Dane Brugler’s comp.

To become that caliber of player, Moore will need to continue to hone his technique. He piled up his collegiate production through a combination of athletic superiority and manufactured touches. He doesn’t create as much separation as his athletic profile suggests he should, and his route-running needs refinement. Moore sometimes lets the ball get into his body, a bad habit he hopefully can be coached out of. He’ll likely never be great in contested situations. You’re not drafting him to get a downfield jump-ball type. Not his game. Get him the ball in space and watch him go.

Love 7-10.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Look Out for WR DJ Moore - Has a Pre-Draft Visit with the Bills
On 4/4/2018 at 9:29 AM, Max Fischer said:

Watched him a lot.  If he played with a half-decent QB, let alone on a good team, he'd be a consensus Top-20 pick.  Moore is difficult to evaluate since his job was to "get open fast and stay open." 

- By far the best player on Maryland. 

- Not tall (5' 11") but physical (215 lb). 

- Most of the time he was the only true receiving option. 

- Won't be the fastest WR but gets separation with quick moves.  

- Good, willing blocker.  Could be a decent special teams player on coverage and punt returns. 

- I believe he has a ton of potential growth when he's not expected to do everything.  Very coachable and smart. 

Could be a great Julian Edleman replacement for NE/Brady (I hope this doesn't happen).  I think he would thrive in a west coast offense (Rosen) or something improvisational (Mayfield, Jackson).  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.j.-moore?id=32462018-0002-5602-31ed-ce270f370fe4

I'll take 4.4 speed that's pretty adequate. Love this player too bad he'll be gone.