Moving up to #2 = No Playoffs for the next three years

1 hour ago, Wily Dog said:

It seems to me that you have all decided that you want go the SAFE route in the draft. We have been doing that for years for a QB. I think Beane will surprise you and you can whine and cry  all you want to.This is a new era in Bill's organization. Big Balls

Such a horrible take.

This is not an either/or situation. Either trade up or don't. I have no problem with trading up to get our guy, UNLESS it's for a king's ransom. That's my point. It's not worth it. Not when a Lamar Jackson or Rudolph or someone else will be there for us. I guess if the FO thinks, say, Rosen is the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, then, ok, I can see trading up for him by giving away the farm. But if Rosen is that good, why are the Giants not taking him? Remember, for a trade to happen, the Giants or the Browns or the Colts need to believe that trading DOWN is better than taking that potential franchise QB everyone on here is so willing to mortgage the future for.

It's a sliding scale, not a yes/no thing. There should be a limit for which you are willing to trade up for. What is it? If there's not, you have no business discussing this. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Such a horrible take.

This is not an either/or situation. Either trade up or don't. I have no problem with trading up to get our guy, UNLESS it's for a king's ransom. That's my point. It's not worth it. Not when a Lamar Jackson or Rudolph or someone else will be there for us. I guess if the FO thinks, say, Rosen is the 2nd coming of Peyton Manning, then, ok, I can see trading up for him by giving away the farm. But if Rosen is that good, why are the Giants not taking him? Remember, for a trade to happen, the Giants or the Browns or the Colts need to believe that trading DOWN is better than taking that potential franchise QB everyone on here is so willing to mortgage the future for.

It's a sliding scale, not a yes/no thing. There should be a limit for which you are willing to trade up for. What is it? If there's not, you have no business discussing this. 

But your point is that you don't want them to trade up if they are wrong, and if they can get a successful QB by not trading up then great! But the problem is that no one really knows who will be "the guy". The top 4 have been evaluated to go first for many reasons, if Beane identifies one as the guy he wants, he isn't going to want Rudolph at 22 or whenever. He is going to want X guy at X time. 

So once again it isn't about picking a QB, it is about picking the RIGHT QB, and Beane has a lot on his shoulders to get this right.

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

But your point is that you don't want them to trade up if they are wrong, and if they can get a successful QB by not trading up then great! But the problem is that no one really knows who will be "the guy". The top 4 have been evaluated to go first for many reasons, if Beane identifies one as the guy he wants, he isn't going to want Rudolph at 22 or whenever. He is going to want X guy at X time. 

So once again it isn't about picking a QB, it is about picking the RIGHT QB, and Beane has a lot on his shoulders to get this right.

That is it in a nutshell, they are "chicken" to trade up . 

1 hour ago, That_Guy said:

pssst!  we weren't going to the playoffs for the next three years anyway

We will be in the playoffs before then. ! Ye of little faith,

I love absolutes.  Didn't Rodak, after all the trades last offseason, say the season was over before it began...and then we broke the drought?  While I understand the intent of the thread, the assertation that we will, with 100% certainty, not make the playoffs for a full three years should we trade up to #2 is a rather silly one.  Anything can happen.

Found it: http://www.espncricinfo.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28518/bills-set-up-tyrod-taylor-to-fail-blow-up-2017-season-with-shocking-trades

"BUFFALO -- Turn out the lights on the Buffalo Bills' 2017 season, because it is over before it started."

Edited by The Red King

18 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

The top four are rated well above the rest and as i said the lower you go the less chance of success you have. I said i wanted you to draft a FRANCHISE QB .You by your actions are not going to get a franchise QB . You are going to get another backup. Beane has shown some big cajones in the past and i would expect him to do it again in the draft.A very good thing that a lot of you are not in a GM position. Little Cajones

Oh if it was only that simple

Maybe someone else jumps in and makes a trade ruining our plans......

Maybe the asking price ends up being too much

Gotta have a plan B

3 hours ago, That_Guy said:

pssst!  we weren't going to the playoffs for the next three years anyway

Who wasn't and why not?

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

We went with the worst QB in the entire NFL.  how can we not with someone better (anyone is bettsr)?

Edited by reddogblitz

17 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

but maybe he will. You know the argument (and it's a good one)

Tommy

Russell Wilson

Brett Favre

DrewBreez 

Kurt Warner

Matt Hasselbeck

tony Romo

Kirk Cousins

Derek Carr

Johnny Unitas

Those Qbs highlighted were not expected to play early or compete for the starting position.  Buffalo has a 5th rder who played horrible his rookie year and a career back up.  Any qb drafted will be the most talented QB on the roster and expected to play early.  Extremely risky and probably stupid to assume you are smarter than 32 other franchises to rate a 6-10 rated QB in this class a franchise Qb.  

Just now, Mat68 said:

Those Qbs highlighted were not expected to play early or compete for the starting position.  Buffalo has a 5th rder who played horrible his rookie year and a career back up.  Any qb drafted will be the most talented QB on the roster and expected to play early.  Extremely risky and probably stupid to assume you are smarter than 32 other franchises to rate a 6-10 rated QB in this class a franchise Qb.  

Saying Nasty Nate is a "career backup" is generous IMHO.

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

I love absolutes.  Didn't Rodak, after all the trades last offseason, say the season was over before it began...and then we broke the drought?  While I understand the intent of the thread, the assertation that we will, with 100% certainty, not make the playoffs for a full three years should we trade up to #2 is a rather silly one.  Anything can happen.

Found it: http://www.espncricinfo.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28518/bills-set-up-tyrod-taylor-to-fail-blow-up-2017-season-with-shocking-trades

"BUFFALO -- Turn out the lights on the Buffalo Bills' 2017 season, because it is over before it started."

Wow you found an example by a P*TS fan!