Moving up to #2 = No Playoffs for the next three years

Moving up is sexy, it's fun, it's what's for dinner these days. But moving up will set the team's growth back three, maybe five years. Possibly longer. This team has so many holes, that to throw away all these picks on a QB who might be good is insanity. 

If we can somehow move up and still have 1 2nd and 1 3rd...I'd be willing to listen. But only for Rosen or Mayfield. Trading up for any of the other QBs is insanity. Especially since Jackson has a very good chance of being there at 12. Hell, he has a good chance of being there at 22.

I'd rather pick an elite player at 12 - Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Vita Vea....etc. Use the rest of the picks on holes like WR, OL, DL, LB....

Throwing away this draft along with a first next next year? No thanks. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Moving up is sexy, it's fun, it's what's for dinner these days. But moving up will set the team's growth back three, maybe five years. Possibly longer. This team has so many holes, that to throw away all these picks on a QB who might be good is insanity. 

If we can somehow move up and still have 1 2nd and 1 3rd...I'd be willing to listen. But only for Rosen or Mayfield. Trading up for any of the other QBs is insanity. Especially since Jackson has a very good chance of being there at 12. Hell, he has a good chance of being there at 22.

I'd rather pick an elite player at 12 - Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Vita Vea....etc. Use the rest of the picks on holes like WR, OL, DL, LB....

Did they say that about Philly???  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I don't think anybody is happy to be in a position to possibly have to trade a number of picks to get their QB, but it's what the situation is. We can also fill holes through free agency, they've filled about 5 so far this offseason. We need a QB badly.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Anyone notice what a real QB did for San Fran ONCE the trade for Jimmy G was made. 

Instant upgrade. 

But in Buffalo land it means no playoffs for 3 years 

If we can get an "instant upgrade" for a second round pick, I'm with you.

Why do some people think that picking a position player can’t produce a bust as well?  It’s like people are afraid of a qb because they might fail, but then talk about all of the picks in the first three rounds as if they are locks to be great.  Here’s a concept.  If our staff is good enough to nail 6 picks over 3 rounds, they are good enough to pick a qb.  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Plus, we've got a huge cap surplas next year....we can be very pro-active in FA then. 

and I'm guessing they will be active, if need be. If they are pro-active,  I don't see the 3-5 playoff wait being a realistic time frame

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Anyone notice what a real QB did for San Fran ONCE the trade for Jimmy G was made. 

Instant upgrade. 

But in Buffalo land it means no playoffs for 3 years 

Dont forget Jimmy G was brewing in New England behind Tom Brady for 4 years.

Just now, Domdab99 said:

If we can get an "instant upgrade" for a second round pick, I'm with you.

Its the position. 

Get a top end QB and boom you can get away with non elite players elsewhere on the roster. 

Instead of the way the Bills have built teams since the 90s

Just now, billsfan5121 said:

Why do some people think that picking a position player can’t produce a bust as well?  It’s like people are afraid of a qb because they might fail, but then talk about all of the picks in the first three rounds as if they are locks to be great.  Here’s a concept.  If our staff is good enough to nail 6 picks over 3 rounds, they are good enough to pick a qb.  

Picking 6 players is more likely to produce a good player or two than picking 1 player. DUCY?

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Look at the rest of the Rams team. They're loaded. We're not.

Bears say hi. Watch what they do this year. 

Oooo chiefs as well. 

But hey in Buffalo we trade up for a too end QB we will suck for years