Saban's response to Rosen's comments regarding the demands of college football

“I am raising my son in the south”.

Is he a top student? 

Can’t beat the NMF scholarship at Alabama.

https://scholarships.ua.edu/nationalscholars/

On 4/3/2018 at 12:20 PM, MAJBobby said:

So if it is so easy playing football and having a top end degree someone explain to me why 

Harvard, Yale and the IVY leagues are no longer competitive?

Y Notre Dame has a hard time landing recruits 

i mean all school Degree Programs are the same wouldnt as a too end athlete wouldnt you want to play for one of thise schools make it to league and get a prestigious degree as well?

oooo wait because they are not. No matter what comes out of the quitters mouth 

Ivy League schools aren’t competitive because they don’t offer athletic scholarships.

Edited by Sky Diver

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Is he a good student? 

Sure you can---adding  all the booster cash thrown in under the table to the rest of the package (including endless poontang), it's much better to get a football scholarship and avoid all that high school studying and stuff...

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Love his interviews, he's making the talking heads go crazy

Rosen that is.. screw saban

Huh? The media loves him. Good for business. Ridiculous and stupid sells. The more outrageous the better. He should have had three or four girls in the hot tub in his dorm room. He should have played up the oppression of college football players more too and thrown in race for good measure. Why just one more SB than Brady? He should have said that he would at least double his total. Rather than F Trump on his hat, he should have spray painted it on himself naked. Rookie mistakes. He probably needs a better agent. People seem to never tire of side show antics.

Edited by Sky Diver

11 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Is he a top student? 

Ivy League schools aren’t competitive because they don’t offer athletic scholarships.

No he's not a top student because he's 3.  

What point are you making?

11 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Is he a top student? 

The Ivy League isn't competitive because it's an academic school with the highest standards in the country.

If they gave athletic scholarships, All American football players aren't playing there.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Bama doesn’t care. What’s his 40 time?

Roughly about 14.27

At least he's got a lot of room to improve.

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No he's not a top student because he's 3.  

What point are you making?

My point: The University of Alabama has very generous scholarships for high stat students. If he was in high school and was a good student, Alabama would be a good candidate school. GA has the Hope Scholarship though, so UA is a little less compelling than for GA stduents than for top students from states that have high in-state tuition. On the other hand, a lot of really good students can't get in GT or UGA.

Edited by Sky Diver

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

My point: The University of Alabama has very generous scholarships for high stat students. If he was in high school and was a good student, Alabama would be a good candidate school. GA has the Hope Scholarship though, so UA is a little less compelling than for GA stduents than for top students from states that have high in-state tuition.

Almost every single school as generous scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid.  Again...this doesn't make Alabama unique.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Almost every single school as generous scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid.  Again...this doesn't make Alabama unique.

If you can name schools that have better guaranteed merit scholarships than The University of Alabama, pass them along and I'll share them. There will be a lot of interest. Ole Miss has really good guaranteed merit scholarships too. Not a bad school, but Alabama is better

Edited by Sky Diver

6 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If you can name schools that have better guaranteed merit scholarships than The University of Alabama, pass it along and I'll share it. There will be a lot of interest. 

There are over 5,000 colleges in America.  I'm not going to research on this.  Neither will you.  

I also never said they have "better"....I just said every college has scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid.

Now you wanted to turn this into a competition if they're better than Alabama.  You just want to assume Alabama is one of the best in every aspect.  You are very strange person.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

If you can name schools that have better guaranteed merit scholarships than The University of Alabama, pass them along and I'll share them. There will be a lot of interest. Ole Miss has really good guaranteed merit scholarships too. Not a bad school, but Alabama is better

I kinda admit this crazy fight you are irrationally having.  No one outside of Alabama thinks of the University of Alabama as an academic university.  It is currently ranked 110 in the country, which is actually higher than I thought (UCLA is 21).  Alabama is also ranked 47 in education as a state. 

Be be happy you have a great football team but in terms of education, at least you’re better than Mississippi!!!

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I kinda admit this crazy fight you are irrationally having.  No one outside of Alabama thinks of the University of Alabama as an academic university.  It is currently ranked 110 in the country, which is actually higher than I thought (UCLA is 21).  Alabama is also ranked 47 in education as a state. 

Be be happy you have a great football team but in terms of education, at least you’re better than Mississippi!!!

Forbes has them like around 250.  I showed him these rankings but he doesn't like them so he doesn't agree with them.  He feels his arguments are better for some reason.

Alabama has an acceptance rate above 50%....meaning more than half of the people that apply get in.  Doesn't mean it's an easy or bad school....it's just not an elite one that he tries to push on us.  Either he's extremely brain washed, trolling or not intelligent.  To me it's either A or C.

• Thank you (+1) 1

College football coaches are pretty much all POS in all honesty and Saban is at the head of the pack. They use kids up and spit them out and they don't give a crap about the kids on the team who aren't all that good. Snake oil salesmen all of them. Rosen is right. Look at the way Jim Mora is talking...POS. Brian Kelly threw Kizer under the bus last year. He had no reason to do that other than being a POS. 

They use kids for their own benefit and the majority of the kids get nothing out of it, except a free education that they usually can't  finish 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Of course I

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There are over 5,000 colleges in America.  I'm not going to research on this.  Neither will you.  

I also never said they have "better"....I just said every college has scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid.

Now you wanted to turn this into a competition if they're better than Alabama.  You just want to assume Alabama is one of the best in every aspect.  You are very strange person.  

Of course, every college has scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid. I am talking about guaranteed scholarships based solely on merit.

Here you go. With the cost of college, this is obviously a hot topic that he has been heavily researched.

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/2006094-2017-automatic-full-tuition-full-ride-scholarships.html

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Forbes has them like around 250.  I showed him these rankings but he doesn't like them so he doesn't agree with them.  He feels his arguments are better for some reason.

Alabama has an acceptance rate above 50%....meaning more than half of the people that apply get in.  Doesn't mean it's an easy or bad school....it's just not an elite one that he tries to push on us.  Either he's extremely brain washed, trolling or not intelligent.  To me it's either A or C.

I used US News and I thought it was high.  Bottom line is it’s a great school for kids in Alabama, which is one of the worst academic states in the country. They will basically get in any recruit they want.  I think Carson Palmer got rejected by Notre Dame back in the day.

That said, where you go to school is overrated.  It’s about getting connections and working hard once you get an opportunity.  But the Diver needs to stop jumping out of planes to pretend like Alabama is a good academic school.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Of course I

Of course, every college has scholarships, grants and other forms of financial aid. I am talking about guaranteed scholarships based solely on merit.

Here you go. With the cost of college, this is obviously a hot topic that he has been heavily researched.

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/2006094-2017-automatic-full-tuition-full-ride-scholarships.html

Geezus dude....this is a message board link with 5 pages.  This is your idea of "heavily researched"?

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Top students from all over the country feel differently.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-met-illinois-students-brain-drain-20180405-story.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/ronald-nelson-turned-down-every-ivy-league-school-for-university-of-alabama-2015-5

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/education/edlife/survival-strategies-for-public-universities.html

Edited by Sky Diver