Jordan Palmer on Josh Allen

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup. On the major things, wrong without exception. And the people on these boards already know, they watched you not just say these things but attempt to ram them down our throats, and repeat and repeat and repeat them due to the apparent belief that if you were the last person to talk in a thread it showed you were right. You refused to stop being wrong at volume 11.

I've had plenty of plenty of mistakes along the way too, but on Tyrod, I was pretty much right the whole way along. Not because I'm smart or anything but because it was pretty much obvious all the way along what the likely outcome would be.

I said there was a pretty decent chance that he wasn't what he'd been in his first year, that he was fairly likely to be what he'd been in the second half of the first year from the Pats game on. Correct. The remaining two years were nearly exactly the same passer rating as he'd had in that last half. That he would have to improve a lot in his second year to be a franchise QB while you were busy telling everyone he was a franchise guy. At one point for a month or so you even tried to sell that he was already near-elite, based on his QBR. I said he threw to the deep and intermediate middle very infrequently and not very well. I said he didn't throw anticipation throws often enough. I said he said he might stay if he took a pay cut but if he didn't he'd be gone. I said after he was benched that he was almost certainly going to be gone while you went on and on and on about how he was probably going to be our starter in 2018. You fought like a rabid weasel against pretty much all of this.

The people on here didn't see it for the full time. The people on both boards know. 

You were wrong again and again on what Tyrod is ... and you were as relentless and consistent about it as the beat at a techno club.

I'm still waiting for your list on all those things I was wrong about.

The bold I was wrong about, though I said there was one exception to Taylor being back as our starting QB for another year: Beane and McDermott get a trade offer they can't refuse so they can use that collateral to go up in the draft.

And hey, look what happened :flirt:

So you go ahead and tell me all those things I've been wrong about. You listed one. And I was wrong with my overall prediction, but right in the underlying ones.

But go ahead. Keep searching. Keep obsessing over Tyrod. Keep obsessing over me.

It's flattering. Really, it is :wub:

20 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup. On the major things, wrong without exception. And the people on these boards already know, they watched you not just say these things but attempt to ram them down our throats, and repeat and repeat and repeat them due to the apparent belief that if you were the last person to talk in a thread it showed you were right. You refused to stop being wrong at volume 11.

I've had plenty of plenty of mistakes along the way too, but on Tyrod, I was pretty much right the whole way along. Not because I'm smart or anything but because it was pretty much obvious all the way along what the likely outcome would be.

I said there was a pretty decent chance that he wasn't what he'd been in his first year, that he was fairly likely to be what he'd been in the second half of the first year from the Pats game on. Correct. The remaining two years were nearly exactly the same passer rating as he'd had in that last half. That he would have to improve a lot in his second year to be a franchise QB while you were busy telling everyone he was a franchise guy. At one point for a month or so you even tried to sell that he was already near-elite, based on his QBR. I said he threw to the deep and intermediate middle very infrequently and not very well. I said he didn't throw anticipation throws often enough. I said he said he might stay if he took a pay cut but if he didn't he'd be gone. I said after he was benched that he was almost certainly going to be gone while you went on and on and on about how he was probably going to be our starter in 2018. You fought like a rabid weasel against pretty much all of this.

The people on here didn't see it for the full time. The people on both boards know. 

You were wrong again and again on what Tyrod is ... and you were as relentless and consistent about it as the beat at a techno club.

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm still waiting for your list on all those things I was wrong about.

The bold I was wrong about, though I said there was one exception to Taylor being back as our starting QB for another year: Beane and McDermott get a trade offer they can't refuse so they can use that collateral to go up in the draft.

And hey, look what happened :flirt:

So you go ahead and tell me all those things I've been wrong about. You listed one. And I was wrong with my overall prediction, but right in the underlying ones.

But go ahead. Keep searching. Keep obsessing over Tyrod. Keep obsessing over me.

It's flattering. Really, it is :wub:

Yeah, we get it, I talk about how spectacularly dumb your record is on QBs, and you go on about romance. Not going to happen no matter how femmy you get. Learn to deal with the disappointment. What's going to happen is I'm going to keep reminding everyone of your spectacularly consistent wrongness on Tyrod.

And you can wait as long as you want for like the fifth repetition of the list. I don't need to post it. Everyone on these boards knows, because you forced it down our gullets over and over and over and over and over. You refused to let us forget for an instant.  I posted a list earlier in this thread. Certainly not going to do it again. Basically, though, you fought the common sense that most of us kept telling you about, basically the list that you are now responding to. You fought all that relentlessly and without surcease.

Yes, you were wrong about the bold. And all of the rest of it as well. People saw.

Edited by Thurman#1

Not for nothing, but this Drew Lock Kid out of Missouri put up better numbers (TD-INT) than Rosen OR Darnold last season!... 6'4", 225, and puts some MAJOR ZIP on that football... Rock gets to the receiver in big damn hurry... 44TDs to just 13 INT's, that's nearly twice the production of this draft's frontrunners, and he accomplished it in the SEC!!!

Tigers could run the table in the SEC next year with him at the helm... I really, really, like how this kid plays... if the Pats get him next draft, -count on 15 more years of domination.

Edited by #34fan

29 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Not for nothing, but this Drew Lock Kid out of Missouri put up better numbers (TD-INT) than Rosen OR Darnold last season!... 6'4", 225, and puts some MAJOR ZIP on that football... Rock gets to the receiver in big damn hurry... 44TDs to just 13 INT's, that's nearly twice the production of this draft's frontrunners, and he accomplished it in the SEC!!!

Tigers could run the table in the SEC next year with him at the helm... I really, really, like how this kid plays... if the Pats get him next draft, -count on 15 more years of domination.

I'm a Tigers fan and I love me some Drew Lock...and I think he will be the best prospect coming out next year....but the kid needs to make more progress....on the field and off it.  (he is fairly immature yet)  ....Missouri has ran a QB friendly offense and has a good tradition on going for producing some good college QB....I wouldn't get on the Drew Lock train just yet.  

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, we get it, I talk about how spectacularly dumb your record is on QBs, and you go on about romance. Not going to happen no matter how femmy you get. Learn to deal with the disappointment. What's going to happen is I'm going to keep reminding everyone of your spectacularly consistent wrongness on Tyrod.

And you can wait as long as you want for like the fifth repetition of the list. I don't need to post it. Everyone on these boards knows, because you forced it down our gullets over and over and over and over and over. You refused to let us forget for an instant.  I posted a list earlier in this thread. Certainly not going to do it again. Basically, though, you fought the common sense that most of us kept telling you about, basically the list that you are now responding to. You fought all that relentlessly and without surcease.

Yes, you were wrong about the bold. And all of the rest of it as well. People saw.

"We get it" :huh:

Who's this "we," Thurm?

You hearing voices again? You and I are the only ones talking about this... well, actually you're the only one talking about me and Tyrod in a thread you created that has to do with Josh Allen.

It's just weird.

And you seem even more miserable than you normally are. 

Why is that?

I hope you're keeping your Internet self out of your day-to-day personal self, otherwise you're probably just all alone having been abandoned after everyone you know realizes you have unmatched arrogance and stubbornness, extreme tunnel vision, no sense of humor and are probably homophobic.

I always thought you were just one of the Eeyores in the guise of someone reasonable on this message board, but if you even half resemble your Internet self in real life... good God help your family and friends! :doh:

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

"We get it" :huh:

Who's this "we," Thurm?

You hearing voices again? You and I are the only ones talking about this... well, actually you're the only one talking about me and Tyrod in a thread you created that has to do with Josh Allen.

It's just weird.

And you seem even more miserable than you normally are. 

Why is that?

I hope you're keeping your Internet self out of your day-to-day personal self, otherwise you're probably just all alone having been abandoned after everyone you know realizes you have unmatched arrogance and stubbornness, extreme tunnel vision, no sense of humor and are probably homophobic.

I always thought you were just one of the Eeyores in the guise of someone reasonable on this message board, but if you even half resemble your Internet self in real life... good God help your family and friends! :doh:

Can the two of you take it outside please?

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Been trying to talk about Josh Allen in this Josh Allen thread.

Instead, I keep getting attacked by that arrogant douche.

Bullies don't get free hall passes.

The last 3 pages of this thread have been you two bitching at each other.

I look at this the same way as I do when I catch my pre-schoolers fighting: I don't care who started it; it's time to drop it and ignore each other.  Go to separate rooms until you can get along.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, HappyDays said:

Another Orlovsky breakdown:

Orlovsky doesn't think Allen's accuracy is a bad as other scouts do, but he is worried about his ability to process things on the field.

This was the game I posted earlier in this thread from youtube.  You can watch every throw from it.  And this was a play that jumped out at me.

I feel like all of Allen's most glaring weaknesses are the same glaring weaknesses of the guy we just traded.  Actually, seems to be the weakness of the last two QBs we got rid of.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

The last 3 pages of this thread have been you two bitching at each other.

I look at this the same way as I do when I catch my pre-schoolers fighting: I don't care who started it; it's time to drop it and ignore each other.  Go to separate rooms until you can get along.

Go to separate rooms until you can get along?

Are your preschoolers communicating via teleconference or telepathically?

Or when do you determine that they can get along if they aren't even interacting?

On 4/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, HappyDays said:

Another Orlovsky breakdown:

Orlovsky doesn't think Allen's accuracy is a bad as other scouts do, but he is worried about his ability to process things on the field.

I understand that analyzing things and doing them well yourself are two different things, and I am not debating what Orlovsky is saying.... But the irony of this kind of commentary coming from a dude who was 5 yards out the back of the end-zone before he knew it.... 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This was the game I posted earlier in this thread from youtube.  You can watch every throw from it.  And this was a play that jumped out at me.

I feel like all of Allen's most glaring weaknesses are the same glaring weaknesses of the guy we just traded.  Actually, seems to be the weakness of the last two QBs we got rid of.

Go to separate rooms until you can get along?

Are your preschoolers communicating via teleconference or telepathically?

Or when do you determine that they can get along if they aren't even interacting?

Typically, one of them shows enough emotional maturity to make a conscious decision to get along with his twin brother, and re-joins him...or neither of them does, and they go to bed without playing together again that day.

Perhaps that will translate.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I understand that analyzing things and doing them well yourself are two different things, and I am not debating what Orlovsky is saying.... But the irony of this kind of commentary coming from a dude who was 5 yards out the back of the end-zone before he knew it.... 

Well... what about the irony of a guy who lasted 6 years in the NFL and threw 18 regular season passes as some new "QB guru" to be glorified?

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Typically, one of them shows enough emotional maturity to make a conscious decision to get along with his twin brother, and re-joins him...or neither of them does, and they go to bed without playing together again that day.

Perhaps that will translate.

Makes sense, I will no longer say a single word to Thurm on this board unless he addresses me directly.

Good enough?

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

:huh:   ?

Jordan Palmer... I'm not saying you're the one glorifying him, necessarily.  I'm saying that bad NFL QBs seem to be the ones who end up being pundits, gurus, analysts, and experts.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Jordan Palmer

Well, the saying that "those who can't, teach" does hold some weight to it. There are quite a few examples of people who have no record of success in a certain field or profession but can still make wise decisions regarding that. I don't know if Palmer is worth anything as a teacher, but I can't say he isn't based on his stat line. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Well, the saying that "those who can't, teach" does hold some weight to it. There are quite a few examples of people who have no record of success in a certain field or profession but can still make wise decisions regarding that. I don't know if Palmer is worth anything as a teacher, but I can't say he isn't based on his stat line. 

Wouldn't the same principal apply for Orlovsky, then?

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Makes sense, I will no longer say a single word to Thurm on this board unless he addresses me directly.

Good enough?

that's up to you man; all I'm asking is that we not obstruct the discussion with what on the surface appears to be a relatively petty feud between two otherwise decent people.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Wouldn't the same principal apply for Orlovsky, then?

I'm confused...? I wasn't accusing Orlovsky of being unqualified to say what was being said, and in fact, I thought his analysis was spot on. Rather I was just saying that I personally cannot listen to that without thinking about him running out of the back of the endzone because it's one of the dumbest football plays I've ever seen. 

I apologize if my OP made it sound like I was criticizing him or questioning his qualifications. :P

• Thank you (+1) 1