10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok

1 Allen

2 Darnold

3 Mayfield

4 Barkely

5 Rosen

Bills Shut out. 

Allen going one is opens up the worst case. Bills getting shut out of the top 4 QBs 

Nah. 

This kind of overreaction happens every year.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok

1 Allen

2 Darnold

3 Mayfield

4 Barkely

5 Rosen

Bills Shut out. 

Allen going one is opens up the worst case. Bills getting shut out of the top 4 QBs 

I see Denver putting the pick up for sale if it unfolds like that, and the Bills would be in position to make the fattest offer.

58 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Best chance we have at not getting shut out if this was the case would be Giants to take Barkley

Giants - Barkley

Jets - Rosen

Bills (after trading up as CLE misses Barkley) - Mayfield 

this may be our only hope for baker...... i'd be happy with rudolph, but in this case now we have to worry about az and miami jumping in before 12....wtf

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

As good as it sounds on the surface I almost think it might hurt us....Giants would then take a qb as well as the Jets...if the Browns take Darnold Giants would likely pass on a qbQBs

The thing with Allen going 1st is that our whole draft depends on what Denver does at 5 (if Cleveland stays true that they won't trade down)
 I personally don't want to have our whole franchise outlook depending on Elway, but that's just me, so you are right it could end up hurting us.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Best chance we have at not getting shut out if this was the case would be Giants to take Barkley

Giants - Barkley

Jets - Rosen

Bills (after trading up as CLE misses Barkley) - Mayfield 

Why is everyone so sure the Jets like Rosen? Mayfield and especially Darnold seem just as likely here. 

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

Why is everyone so sure the Jets like Rosen? Mayfield and especially Darnold seem just as likely here. 

I played both out. Actually if they like Rosen more then that might help because Rumor is Den doesnt like mayfield. 

Darnold would be gone at 2 based off reports is he was there 

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

No way the NY Jets pass on Baker Mayfield.

The team that holds Joe Willie Namath as a God passing on taking Baker Mayfield? C'mon. No way.

Honestly, I think all of this news is just to create hysteria and it's working.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if only 3 QB's went in the top 10.  I was on the other side before but now after calming down and realizing the draft for what it is and how it works every year, everything leading up to it is driven by narratives to create hysteria.  Some of the leaks end up being true, but the majority of it is just all so off base.

Edited by NewEraBills

If this happens it isn't ideal, but not really the end of the world either. We would need to orchestrate a trade with Cleveland at 4 and take the remaining QB (who I believe would either be Rosen or Mayfield). Cleveland could then take the best OT in the draft at 12 and either Guice or Ronald Jones at pick 22.

Just now, horned dogs said:

That tells us all we need to know about the Browns. I'm not convinced even with Dorsey that this is going to be a success. 

What if maybe, just maybe, the Browns are doing this to force us to trade up with them (at 4) instead of the Giants?

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

What if maybe, just maybe, the Browns are doing this to force us to trade up with them (at 4) instead of the Giants?

I've thought all along the Browns want both a QB for the future and Barkley.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I know one person that would be happy if the Browns drafted Allen #1 overall...Tyrod Taylor.  He would be guaranteed the starting job for 1 or more years.

Maybe more than a year LOL

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Well then they'd be idiots.

On multiple levels. First, why do we trade up at 4? Why not just wait til 6 or 7 - if the Bills have Mayfield/Jackson/Rosen at the top of their wish list? 

Second, you have the #1 overall pick the draft and select a guy on hoping what some other team will do later ... instead of setting your team in a direction?

SO ... I guess that makes you right. The Browns are in fact, idiots. So maybe that's exactly what they are doing.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

I've thought all along the Browns want both a QB for the future and Barkley.

If this is the case, just take Barkley first and all the jockeying around the Browns are doing is to find peace with which QB they can take comfortably.

Hell, the Browns might just trade up two spots and draft 1/2. Giants can grab Chubb or move down out of 4.