RUMOR: Browns to take Wyoming QB Josh Allen #1 Overall per Peter King

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

man if the browns don't know who they want by know they have some serious issues

They do ... Do you really think they are going to tell anybody, Dorsey said the #1 could be traded if someone gave them a kings ransom and if not they know their guy ...

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He means Darnold and Rosen are not on the Browns board. It was reported Rosen was not on two top 6 teams boards fwiw 

Not sure how valuable that information is. So ...take two of the Giants, Colts and Bucs (7 picks, 6 teams) out of the realm of choices. That seems like facts, not information. Doesn't change anything.

Broncos and Jets won't take Rosen, that's information.

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was literally just going to write this. 

It seems too easy to NOT be true. GM personally scouted Mayfield 5x before he became a GM. Suddenly, the Bills FO goes to Cali for a scouting trip to Darnold. Why is that?

Mayfield at 1 changes the Jets at 3 (not to belabor the point, but NYC is home to a ton of Jews, and it is in part always about marketing in NYC). 2 and 4 are in some order Chubb and Barkley, unless Gettelman is willing to move down to 5, in which case he gets one of Chubb, Barkley, Nelson.

All of this puts Darnold in play in a way that Allen would not have put him into play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

Always good to know that the Bills Front Office is content with going 7-9 every year. Gotta love the conservative nature of every regime that sets foot in Buffalo. Hey, we made the playoffs....should carry us for another 17 years.

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

I think they honestly underestimated the aggressive nature of other teams and the trade market overall. They thought the market would come to them, and now they are on the outside looking in at the top 10.

I look forward to the press conference after the draft where they say that McCarron was always their guy and that the Cornerback they drafted at 12 (where they wanted to stay) will be the tipping point for another playoff run.

I am just lowering my expectations significantly going into Thursday night.

59 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Still time to redress the situation.  If they settle for what you postulate, they are dopes and it won't sit well with the fanbase (nor should it.)

52 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

They could achieve this by trading out of No. 1 (for No. 12, No. 22, No. 53, and 2019 1st), and then trading back up to No. 6. Then it would Chubb at 4, Barkley at 6, and Jackson at 22.

Or the Bills who actually have multiple people studying this full time don't feel any of the QB's are worth giving up that much to move up.  As believe it was Sean Peyton stated a week or two back, there are no Andre Lucks, or Carson Wentz in the draft.  So if that's the case, why give away the farm for the next say Andy Daulton?

Think it will take alot more than you're suggesting to get to #1 The Jet's over paid the equivalent of around 300 draft points to move up 3 spots.  The Giants are rumored to have turned down 3 #1 picks for the #2 overall, so why would the Browns take so little to give up #1 overall.

I've read i t he past too when calculating the value of draft picks one year out, you downgrade by one round  So lets say you assume the Bills would have the #10 overall pick in 2019 draft.  Well that's the value of the #42 overall pick or around 500 points.  Certainly is downgraded to some level as a team taking it has no idea what the value of it will actually be.  Teams typically over pay to get that high, likely means you'd need to give Cleveland a minimum of 3500 draft points to get that high.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or the Bills who actually have multiple people studying this full time don't feel any of the QB's are worth giving up that much to move up.  As believe it was Sean Peyton stated a week or two back, there are no Andre Lucks, or Carson Wentz in the draft.  So if that's the case, why give away the farm for the next say Andy Daulton?

I think the view that the top 4 have Andy Dalton as a ceiling is an outlier perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

Charlie Campbell saying that based on what's heard, Josh Allen will be the first pick of the draft.

It is starting to seem like this rumor is legit and not a smokescreen. I hope the Bills will have a shot at Darnold, that would be a best-case scenario for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

I understand that there is quite a bit of apprehension about giving up the farm for a Quarterback, especially in a draft deep in other positions. However, this draft class predicts to be the best overall for Quarterbacks for the foreseeable future. If not this year, then when? Are you going to hedge your bets on Drew Locke next year? It's not like franchise level Quarterbacks hit the free agent market that often. Every once in a while, you just have to take that risk. I hope that is what happens this year, but history has shown we have a hard time venturing out into the unknown.

Josh Allen #1 may be a smokescreen...

The truth may be that the Browns are trying to get teams to trade up early to pick #2, so the first 3 picks are QB and they get Barkley or Chubb at #4. Josh Allen seems unlikely at #1. Still thinking Darnold at 1 for now.

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

It is starting to seem like this rumor is legit and not a smokescreen. I hope the Bills will have a shot at Darnold, that would be a best-case scenario for us. 

I was typing the same thing. I agree!

Edited by BBillsWestCoast
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, billspro said:

It is does seem like that, which means the rumor is either legit or just a very effective smoke screen!

We still know nothing.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

An analytical metric which scores Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb substantially higher than Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben doesn't seem all that useful to me.

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It is does seem like that, which means the rumor is either legit or just a very effective smoke screen!

We still know nothing.

An analytical metric which scores Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb substantially higher than Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben doesn't seem all that useful to me.

It's all about they're ability as a QB playing football.

What situation they end up in or personal decisions they make that affect their career, obviously are not measured.

All the QBs on that list have succeeded at the NFL level. That's the point.

9 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Edited by LeGOATski

52 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

We still know nothing.

And where's Brady?

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

We still know nothing.

True, but all of the guys on that list (other than Leftwich) went on to have successful NFL careers. In a draft like this, I would be willing to listen to his advice in terms of the various QB options.