equanimeous St. Brown

Obviously, we desperately need talent upgrade at receiver.  No matter who the quarterback is, he (or she to be PC :) ) weapons to throw to.  We have too many needs to draft a wr high but what are the thoughts on this guy?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/equanimeous-st. brown?id=2560203

1) possibly the best size/ speed combo

2) he speaks multiple languages

3) he had some of the worst throwing qbs at ND and Kelly is a giant POS.  With a better qb, I think this guy is talked about a 1st rounder.

thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I watched every one of his games and I think he will be better in the pros than he was in college for the reasons you listed. 

I trust your judgment on this.  I’ve seen flashes of him dominating at times.  No consistency but I think that was more about the offense/ qb play.

i think he has #1 wr ability and worst case scenario, a huge fast guy to keep defenses honest/ throw jump balls to.

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

we can't draft him.  i can't pronounce his name

Yeah, he’s just just going to be St. John or ESJ.

I LOVE this kid.  I was mentioning it in another thread that would be happy to see the Bills spend as high as the late 2nd or first 3rd on this kid.  After Chark this is the WR highest on my wish list.  After watching quite a few of his games, i completely agree with ndirish in that he's gonna be a better pro than he was a college receiver. 

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Obviously, we desperately need talent upgrade at receiver.  No matter who the quarterback is, he (or she to be PC :) ) weapons to throw to.  We have too many needs to draft a wr high but what are the thoughts on this guy?

3) he had some of the worst throwing qbs at ND and Kelly is a giant POS.  With a better qb, I think this guy is talked about a 1st rounder.

thoughts?

I'm a fan. I think we could get him later on in the draft and he would be a steal.

Multiple languages- we can use that for audibles!

https://slapthesign.com/2018/03/28/notre-dame-football-best-nfl-draft-fit-equanimeous-st-brown/

Edited by horned dogs

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I trust your judgment on this.  I’ve seen flashes of him dominating at times.  No consistency but I think that was more about the offense/ qb play.

i think he has #1 wr ability and worst case scenario, a huge fast guy to keep defenses honest/ throw jump balls to.

Same here.  He's huge, AND with the vertical speed to stretch the field...had he had ANY semblance of consistent, even average QB play his numbers IMO would've been better.  Premture I know to label him, but I see comparisons to megatron.  Concur with you this kid is 1st round talent....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

I'm a huge St. Brown fan. Really think some team is going to steal him late on day two of the draft.

I can't remember, day one is JUST the first round right?   and then day two is rounds 2-3 yes?

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

thoughts?

I have seen him projected anywhere from 2nd round to 7th round.  I IIRC his combine was OK .. can he catch the ball?  don't know much about him and have not spent much time researching WRS yet.

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

thoughts?

Who's going to throw the ball to him?

18 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

I have seen him projected anywhere from 2nd round to 7th round.  I IIRC his combine was OK .. can he catch the ball?  don't know much about him and have not spent much time researching WRS yet.

I can tell you right now he's not making it past the 4th, and that's only if insiders and NFL execs have some information about some undisclosed injury, or off-field issue not made public..  if he goes past the 4th, he ain't gettin drafted.  He can absolutely catch the ball, and what makes him so appealing is that you've got a 6'5 receiver who has got some NICE wheels on him!  And what impressed me the most about watching him is that to be tall and fast, he has some deceptive quickness about him as well.  he's not just a big tall receiver who has straight line speed. 

Let me correct myself from my earlier statement,  I wouldn't call him BIG.  He's tall and slender, and could definitely add a few pounds of muscle, but that will come naturally in the pros I'm assuming.  Kelvin Benjamin is BIG. (maybe even a tad too big lol)

Edited by smuvtalker