Bad feeling that we take Mason Rudolph

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Please keep all of us informed in real-time as your feelings change.  This is very important.

Also, please do start a new thread to so we know it’s not rehashing an old thought and is actually a brand new one 

Had Buffalo not traded up to 12th, I'd be a bit different about Rudolph. I am a fan of Mason- can be argued tooth and nail for or against, that's not the point.

Point is, once we traded Tyrod then made the move up to 12, then starting to bring in all the top QBs for visits...

To much momentum not to come away with a bluechip.

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I missed it. Was he that bad.   Had to work I guess I should watch it but I am less and less interested in who we take.  I will find out in the draft.

Actually to me HE wasn't that bad.  It was just the event itself that seemed blahh.  It was disappointing to hear that teams were having issues scheduling with him.  But apparently some teams had no issues as they have him scheduled.

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Not exactly sure why but I have a bad feeling that Rudolph could be the quarterback we end up taking.

Maybe it's because him and Beane are both from the Carolina's, or perhaps it's because we traded up to 12th (a position that he should be available)

After reading his scouting report I really hope we aren't considering taking this guy! 

Rubber... glue.... bouncing.... 

You, my fellow board is- just dont give a flying !@#$.

It's pretty special tbh

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Not exactly sure why but I have a bad feeling that Rudolph could be the quarterback we end up taking.

Maybe it's because him and Beane are both from the Carolina's, or perhaps it's because we traded up to 12th (a position that he should be available)

After reading his scouting report I really hope we aren't considering taking this guy! 

Don't know if this adds to the bad feelings, but this thread had exactly 666 views at the time of me clicking it.

There's only one thing that terrifies me about the draft and that's giving up a king's ransom to trade up for Josh Allen.  If this was the '13 draft, Rudolph would pry be the #1 rated QB so I'm not going to complain if they decide to take Rudolph at 12 or 22 if we can't find a trading partner to get Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold.  I trust the scouts and Beane/McDermott more than the fans.

Never really understood the Bryce Petty comparisons.  He is bigger, started more games and was more productive than Petty.  The OSU Offense is wacky, but its  a lot closer to Oklahoma than what Briles was running at Baylor when Petty was there.

I think Rudolph is a incredibly underrated prospect and think he may end up going earlier than a lot of people think right now.  He seems to have everything you'd like for in a Quarterback.   The one knock I have on him is I dont think he fits into a west coast type offense.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

Actually to me HE wasn't that bad.  It was just the event itself that seemed blahh.  It was disappointing to hear that teams were having issues scheduling with him.  But apparently some teams had no issues as they have him scheduled.

teams he doesn't want to get drafted by can't get a hold of him.

as far as Rudolph is concerned, i think his "DNA" fits exact;y what the McBeane is looking for. hard working, strong faith (grandfather was a preacher), high character, leader, long time starter with a good size body of work, improvement from year to year, production...all the stuff that you can't really coach. he would definitely fit the process. 

I would think Lamar and Rudolph would go in the 2nd rd at best unless the scouts see more potential then me. I would not reach for either one at #22 . 

Curious what Rudolph's wonderlic score is.

I'm getting more impressed with Drafttek , I think Lamar will drop further after his pro day and wonderlic

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

Edited by ALF

I'm confident in Beane. When he puts shades on he looks like he jumped out of the Matrix. Right now I am in observation mode. I think I'll just give this GM the benefit of the doubt. It's his first draft as the Bills GM. 

I understand everyone has preferences and dislikes. I've seen a lot of variety in opinions. I decided to read the speculation but take it all with a grain of salt. I'm sure some one might have guessed it all right, and kudos to them in advance. 

It's supposed to be entertaining and fun. Don't get your undies in a bunch dreaming of every worse case scenario. I think Beane has more riding on this draft than the average fan. This draft defines him as a Bills GM. 

What I am saying is, I'm not going to judge anything. If he drafts Rudolph oh well. It's his job on the line. Yea I want Beane to be good. I don't want to start over again. I want this GM and HC to be successful. 

Terry Pegula is trying the path that I would want. He is trying up and coming instead of some one well known who failed for another team. At least this GM and HC are hungry and have something to prove. 

Let it play out man. It will pass or fail and it doesn't matter how we feel about it. If we draft Rudolph or Jackson oh well. Hope they don't bust. If he doesn't trade up for top prospect then be prepared to settle on a guy like Rudolph. 

Edited by Lfod

Rudolph is a firm #5 out of the top 6 QBs for me. I really don't want him. Definitely not at 12. I'll settle at 22 if he's all that's left. 

Rankings would go something like this with gaps for preference:

Rosen/Mayfield

Darnold

Jackson

Rudolph

Allen

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's only one thing that terrifies me about the draft and that's giving up a king's ransom to trade up for Josh Allen.  If this was the '13 draft, Rudolph would pry be the #1 rated QB so I'm not going to complain if they decide to take Rudolph at 12 or 22 if we can't find a trading partner to get Rosen/Mayfield/Darnold.  I trust the scouts and Beane/McDermott more than the fans.

This is how I feel. Except even if they move up for Allen I'm okay with it. As you say I trust scout and our GM more than fans and Allen from what I've read is rated much higher than a number of posters have him. Come draft time we'll see.

11 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Oh man, definitely glad you started this thread because your “feeling!”

its got me chock full of the concerns now!

Are you from Jersey or the NE area or possibly Michigan.  I mean that is what you act like so I assume you are from one of those areas.