Are We a Playoff Team with A.J. ?

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We don't have the talent he benefited from in Cincy here (yet).

A group of AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohammed Sanu, Tyler Eifert, Jeremy Hill, and Gio Bernard can make poor look average and make average look good.

we just don't know for sure.  

When you pass the least in the NFL you really don't have vast amounts of data to come to a lock down conclusion.  

The Bills DID have talent.  It went to waste  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No one can definitively say the Bills are better or worse. As it stands, they're a playoff team and only the outcome of the games will determine otherwise.

IMO, get 2 or 3 starters from this draft and the team will be better than last year.

"We wont know until the games are played" . Bold take there cotton

18 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No, but not necessarily because of AJ.

This is a roster that IMO overachieved a tad last year, then got weaker in the off-season.

We have no LBs outside possibly Milano right now. We have a healing KB and not much else at WR. Any QB we start this season will have limited experience in NFL games. 

Now, we could still sign some post draft cuts, hit well in the draft and find some players that are upgrades, but as of right now there is no way I'd see this roster make a playoff run.

So does Tim Tebow.

Yup Tebow is better than Tyrod also. Good point. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

"We wont know until the games are played" . Bold take there cotton

It's a true answer to that question. 

Add a starter at OL and LB and I think this is the same caliber team going into it's second year in "the process." Does that mean it's a playoff team? 

20 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

No, but not necessarily because of AJ.

This is a roster that IMO overachieved a tad last year, then got weaker in the off-season.

We have no LBs outside possibly Milano right now. We have a healing KB and not much else at WR. Any QB we start this season will have limited experience in NFL games. 

Now, we could still sign some post draft cuts, hit well in the draft and find some players that are upgrades, but as of right now there is no way I'd see this roster make a playoff run.

So does Tim Tebow.

I was of the mindset that there was no way on earth we were making the playoffs after last year's roster moves. Will be the first to admit it that I underestimated the grit and character this club is building. Not going to make that mistake going into this season. They're building something special and I'm going to enjoy the ride.

11 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Werent REALLY a playoff team with Tyrod. I know very little about McCarron i hope he is an upgrade but still need to see him throw... AND WHOOOOOOS THE WR THOOOOOOOOO.

well, there was a playoff game and Taylor was the QB in that game and all season...

Probably not. The Bills were a fringe playoff team at 9-7, a record they finished with in 2014 and missed the postseason. They lack talent at WR, and OL depth is dicey. They won a lot of games early in 2017 while amassing takeaways on D. They look like a 6-7 win team talent wise, so Beane and Co still have a lot of work to do. 

Coach Speak....

“look at AJ, he’s a guy that we’ve look at every single throw in his NFL career. You look at his resume in college and then the pros, he had a chance to win a big-time playoff game in Cincinnati against a good defense there. We’re just anxious to get in there and get started. The competition, I think, at all positions, is exciting. That usually leads to greater things.”

for as many games Tyrod helped win(Didn't lose) for this team, he cost them dearly in others by simply not being productive at all.  If either Peterman or AJ can at least produce more in the passing game than Tyrod, then maybe.  But in all honesty, the 2017 Bills really weren't a playoff team last year.  so, unless the team improves play in other key areas, then the answer to this question is no.  The team needs to improve in more areas than QB to be a playoff team in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

we just don't know for sure.  

When you pass the least in the NFL you really don't have vast amounts of data to come to a lock down conclusion.  

The Bills DID have talent.  It went to waste  

No, we do know. You are looking at names on paper instead of what actually occurred.

KB played in 5.25 games for us. Deonte Thompson wasn't on the roster until after the Cincy game. Zay Jones, a rookie with the yips, took the most snaps at WR for the Bills last year. Jordan Matthews came in during camp, missed most of it with a chest injury, injured his hand before the Cincy game, and finished the season on IR. Charles Clay missed time after injuring himself in the first half of the Cincy game.

And my point is that even if they were completely healthy (and add in Shady), that group doesn't hold a candle to Cincy's 2015 group.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

1 hour ago, dbflaBill said:

This team shouldnt of been in the playoffs last year. Overall there is no talent on this team. McCoy is the only player worth a damn, and history says hes inline for a below average year this year. 

Yes they should have, and they were. They qualified according to NFL rules.

• Like (+1) 2