Does the new tackling rule help the Bills?

Now that the league has decided defenders have to use good tackling form, and not launch at someone, I see it as an advantage next year.  One thing I was impressed by last year was the tackling of our D, especially the DBs.  They wrapped up and brought guys down; didn't just bounce off the guy.  Maybe it puts us a leg up next year.

As for the rule, it will be hard to call initially, especially with linemen inside.  But guys will adjust as will refs.  I suspect it will be the real targeted plays where the helmet is used to spear that will get called.  And that's a good thing.

Probably helps the Patriots the most. Just because. 

But it is a fair point that we were a good tackling team last year. It certainly doesn't help that safety from the Saints who blew that tackles against the Vikings. 

It also may have saved Rodney Harrison from CTE. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Probably helps the Patriots the most. Just because. 

But it is a fair point that we were a good tackling team last year. It certainly doesn't help that safety from the Saints who blew that tackles against the Vikings. 

It also may have saved Rodney Harrison from CTE. 

BIlly B and his staff are scheming to skirt and exploit the rules right now! 'Cause that's what they do.

41 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I was there for that game.  Best play in Bills history!  Or at least top three.

Great play! My ribs hurt watching it.

I have to wonder if under the new rules they'd call Stratton for something...I don't know...maybe overly aggressive hitting on a defenseless player.