Geno to Chargers

5 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

I don't get what this FO saw in Peterman that made them get rid of Cardale so quick. Cardale is the bigger stronger, better arm, more athletic QB. Both are projects, and I think Cardale has the higher ceiling. 

It's likely neither of them will do anything in the league, so I don't care much about either of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Not what I'm saying at all... Just seems to me that it was love at first sight between McD and Peterman... Didn't seem like Cardale got the same opportunity Nate did.

I'd be interested to see how his first NFL start goes.

I'm going to call it the Peterman Test :)

Edited by Captain Hindsight

3 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I remember when people on this board were saying Cardale would be the #1 overall pick after he won the National Championship.  So funny.  Just goes to show you how little a lot of people know about college QBs around here.

I think, more than anything, it's the danger that bowl season & CFB playoffs are the first introduction to players for a lot of casual fans. You're probably off work for Christmas, put the game on, get a really small sample size and go from there.

If true...the NFL has hit rock bottom when it comes to back-up QBs. This must be the hardest job in America, if Geno Smith is still hanging around. For years I said the same thing about Fitz, and every now and again I see one of these "used to be" types standing on the sidelines for some team...and cannot believe they're still in the league.

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

I believe Cardale is horribly underestimated as a QB... If given the same opportunity as Peterman, I seriously doubt that Cardale throws 5 interceptions in a half.

He was given the same opportunity. And he most definitely did not throw 5 picks. 

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

Not what I'm saying at all... Just seems to me that it was love at first sight between McD and Peterman... Didn't seem like Cardale got the same opportunity Nate did.

I'd be interested to see how his first NFL start goes.

he already had his first NFL start, for the Buffalo Bills. last game of the '16 season.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Is the new test of competent QB play going to be the Peterman test?

I am going with the Geno test.

Peterman was a rookie in his first start. Geno, on his 24th start, threw 3 picks on 8 attempts with 2 completions in the first 10 minutes (before he was pulled). In contrast, it took Peterman 13 minutes and 40 seconds to throw 3 picks. Guess Peterman needs to work on that. Like Geno, Peterman had 8 attempts and managed to completed 4 of them. To his own players! Oh, and Geno got a whopping 5 yards on his 2 completed passes while Peterman managed 39 yards on his 4 completions. 

That being said I think both of them will have fine careers in the new XFL. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

If true...the NFL has hit rock bottom when it comes to back-up QBs. This must be the hardest job in America, if Geno Smith is still hanging around. For years I said the same thing about Fitz, and every now and again I see one of these "used to be" types standing on the sidelines for some team...and cannot believe they're still in the league.

EJ also re-signed with Raiders. Gruden adding the 4th down play where you get the other team to jump offsides to his playbook. It’s like the “Philly Special” other than its for losers.

Edited by YoloinOhio