Favorite Trade Scenario to get a QB

KDIGGZ

Favorite Scenario to get a QB  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred method for getting a QB in the draft?

• Top 2 Pick (12, 22, 53, 65, next year's 1st)
    • Top 10 Pick (12, 53, 65)
    • Stay at 12
    • Trade back

Are Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield that much better than Jackson that you would be willing to pay up a king's ransom to get any of them ?

That's where the real question lies for me...

If you're getting comparable talent by staying at 12 and picking Jackson, you get much better value and have all the rest of the picks to continue building the team...

11 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

I prefer option 1 because I just want them to go for it.  I’m not afraid of the bust potential.  I know it exists.  I know it’s possible.  Heck, I understand that statistically, it may even be likely.  But I don’t care.  I also recognize that you are nothing in this league without a qb.  We have to try.  

Our lack of trying is probably the single most frustrating thing I have experienced with this team since I became a fan in 1991.  I want hope.  I want excitement.  I want entertainment (essentially that’s all sports is anyways).  I want to believe we have a chance.  I want to believe we have a chance every year.  

I actually get tired of the stay at 12 and 22 talk and building a great team around any qb.  People point to the championship games last year as proof.  I have a couple problems with that.  First, good luck paying 15 great players that you have a accumulated. Second, can anyone provide any other year as evidence that last year wasn’t just an anomaly?  I am genuinely asking because I don’t recall.  When I think of AFC Championsgip games since 2000, I think of brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger.  In the NFC, it’s been Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Newton, Brees in recent years.  Where are the other examples of great teams with average QBs?  Dilfer and Brad Johnson?  Joe Flacco and Baltimore?  Seems to me that’s more of an anomaly than a trend.  

Lets just go get the qb.  If you want to contend long term for 15 years, get a qb.  If you want to contend for 4 years, draft everyone else. 

Manning and Wilson won with defense. They were below average QBs when they won. You can argue Peyton was worst starting QB ever to win a SB his final year in Denver

8 hours ago, MDH said:

My preference is Darnold, Allen and Mayfield go1-3 and the Bills only have to move up to 4 to land Rosen. As such they dont have to part with next year’s 1st in the trade.

In that scenario Cleveland takes Barkely and Denver takes Rosen. If Denver passes on him then need to trade with Colts to stay ahead of Miami and Arizona

9 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I feel the only way the Bills trade into the top 4 is if Giants take Barkley #2....

If Barkley goes #2, I feel Cleveland may trade out of the #4 Spot. Im thinking Cleveland is hoping for Darnold and Barkley.

Im not seeing a Pre Draft trade for the Bills.

Completely agree

1st round pick in 2019 is a deal-breaker for me.  I think that could be a very high pick.  And I don't want the team to be THAT committed to a rookie prospect that we're drafting after at least 1-2 other QB needy teams.  I'm fine with any 2018 picks the team wants to trade (up or down) 

1 minute ago, Adam727 said:

1st round pick in 2019 is a deal-breaker for me.  I think that could be a very high pick.  And I don't want the team to be THAT committed to a rookie prospect that we're drafting after at least 1-2 other QB needy teams.  I'm fine with any 2018 picks the team wants to trade (up or down) 

How about instead of next year's first we give up an extra pick in 2018 (maybe pick 96) plus a 2019 2nd round pick? Would that be more agreeable?

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

How about instead of next year's first we give up an extra pick in 2018 (maybe pick 96) plus a 2019 2nd round pick? Would that be more agreeable?

That still feels like a LOT to give up, but if the Bills have identified their guy and are convinced he's going to be our franchise QB and that's what it takes to get him, I would be ok with that trade to get up to #2.  (Especially if by some chance Cleveland takes Allen and the Bills have their pick of the other 3)  

To move up to #2 ,  would trade  #12 , #22 ,  1st and 2nd rd in 2019.  Maybe a player if needed to make it happen.

I want to keep picks in 2018 after 1st rd to fill needed positions.

Plenty of cap space in 2019 to get free agents to cover for those traded draft picks.

I've finally been convinced by the compelling arguments made here that the more we give up, the more we will get.  Who cares that the Giants Browns and Jets all need a QB and already own the necessary pick? Just do it.

Here is how:. First trade with the Browns to get number 4.  Give up all of our picks this year except one of seconds.  Then go from 4 to 2 by giving up the 2nd. Then from 2 to 1 giving up next year's first.

The trick here is Cle and NYG still need something more because they want QBs too.  We throw in a secret sworn notarized promissory note allowing the Browns to name one QB we can't take and the Giants to name three.  This way we get our guy because he is number 1 and that is all that matters.

I realize this plan moves the Giantsbehind the Jets and may cost the Browns Barkley so I am working on a plan that gives the Jets Dion Dawkins, Tre White , and Shady for them to go to 12 but I'm not sure it will work because they want a QB.  Denver is also a pain in the butt.

Give me a little more time.

My favorite trade scenario involves keeping the 12th pick. Any other combination of picks & players to move up to the top 4 picks I can live with. Keeping #12 virtually assures we get a starter with Great expectations, regardless how the rookie QB pans out.

i'm going to make what i feel are realistic prediction(s)...or at least the 2 most likely scenarios

1. darnold

2. barkley

3 .rosen

4. chubb    browns decide not to trade

5. allen

6. mayfield!  we trade 12 /56 and pick from 2019

1. darnold

2. rosen

3. allen

4. barkley   again the browns use this pick

5. mayfield

6. now what?   will az and miami move up for jackson and rudolph?  do we sit at 12 and take our chances?

do we sit at 12,?... take bpa defense with 12/22 and go with a mike white/faulk etc.?......will the steelers and pats already have them scooped up?

i can see these scenarios happening. hoping i'm wrong with the 2nd one, but with a.j and nate, i don't see us bending over and giving up the farm to go to no.2  in this case, i think we may be lucky to get rudolph at 12.  i'd be ok with that as i think he could have as much success as any of the others.

Edited by billsredneck1