Favorite Trade Scenario to get a QB

KDIGGZ

Favorite Scenario to get a QB  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred method for getting a QB in the draft?

• Top 2 Pick (12, 22, 53, 65, next year's 1st)
    • Top 10 Pick (12, 53, 65)
    • Stay at 12
    • Trade back

3 minutes ago, Canuck Fan said:

I think we should swing for the fences so I picked option #1.  The Bills have never drafted a Quarterback this high and have never had the draft capital to allow them to do it.  This is the year,  do it!

And they still don't , not yet anyway. They sit at 12 and may not have a willing trade partner with a high enough pick. 

I prefer option 1 because I just want them to go for it.  I’m not afraid of the bust potential.  I know it exists.  I know it’s possible.  Heck, I understand that statistically, it may even be likely.  But I don’t care.  I also recognize that you are nothing in this league without a qb.  We have to try.  

Our lack of trying is probably the single most frustrating thing I have experienced with this team since I became a fan in 1991.  I want hope.  I want excitement.  I want entertainment (essentially that’s all sports is anyways).  I want to believe we have a chance.  I want to believe we have a chance every year.  

I actually get tired of the stay at 12 and 22 talk and building a great team around any qb.  People point to the championship games last year as proof.  I have a couple problems with that.  First, good luck paying 15 great players that you have a accumulated. Second, can anyone provide any other year as evidence that last year wasn’t just an anomaly?  I am genuinely asking because I don’t recall.  When I think of AFC Championsgip games since 2000, I think of brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger.  In the NFC, it’s been Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, Newton, Brees in recent years.  Where are the other examples of great teams with average QBs?  Dilfer and Brad Johnson?  Joe Flacco and Baltimore?  Seems to me that’s more of an anomaly than a trend.  

Lets just go get the qb.  If you want to contend long term for 15 years, get a qb.  If you want to contend for 4 years, draft everyone else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I'm taking the same stance as Kirby. I can't say for sure that this is his reasoning, but I foresee a tumble back down to Earth for the Bills next season and a pick around the 8-12 range. I'm not really interested in giving that up, especially because I think the QB that Buffalo can get at #12 is better than the ones that would be taken in a trade-up.

i totally agree   never know what you might need next year especially in 8 to12 range  and we need the picks this year with no cap room

Pick really high, get the guy they want and really think is going to be "the guy".

If they are wrong, so be it.  We tend to throw our draft picks away as it is. 

If they get it right, we are a playoff team for the next decade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Preferred would be a trade with Cleveland to #4, but keeping #22 and all our future 1sts. Hopefully the 4th QB has a massive chip on his shoulder and turns out better than the 3 taken in front of him and we can still add an impact player at 22. 

(Whispering voice;  Mayfield)

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I’m hoping Rosen falls. Bills have a first hand account of the guy from their OT McDermott, who played with Rosen at UCLA. I think Cleveland will go Darnold, Jets Allen, Giants will take Barkley, Broncos will go for a different position, maybe Minkah Fitzpatrick or Quenton Nelson. Make a move to jump Miami and take Rosen. 

I dont think quite as many QB’s are going as early as we think.

Using your predicted top 3 picks, if Rosen is still there at #4, You move heaven and earth to get him at 4... Assuming he is Beane's guy, isn't 3 mid round #1 picks (12, 22, 2019 #1) a fair price to pay for a quality QB who may play for you for the next 15 years? Works for me...

I am favoring stay at 12 and take one of the QBs of the top 5 that fall there.  

HOWEVER...if Baker is on the board at the 6th pick, then I will immediately change my position to trade into the top 10 and go get him.  I also would be ok with any of the QB's in a small trade up into the picks between 6 and 11.  But, Baker is the only one I would personally do it for...if not him, then I would sit back and let the draft fall to us at 12 and see what happens.  

Im just not a fan of mortgaging a ton to get into the top 4 as I dont really value any one QB over the next enough to pay that price.  I would be quite happy with any of the top 5 QB's in this draft.  

13 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

Somebody's falling down to 12. Just sit tight and be ready to catch him.

A. I don't want SOMEBODY to be the Bills QB...

B. None of the top 4 (Darnold,Allen,Rosen,Mayfield) are likely to make it past 6 much less 12...

C. Arizona and Miami are just two of the teams that could make a move up (don't forget Denver either in this equation)...

It is not unreasonable to trade up top #4 if Rosen for example would be there (assuming he is Beane's guy). 12, 22 and 2019 #1 is not unreasonable when you have a conviction that "your guy" is available at #4... We are talking about likely 3 mid 1st round picks here... It's actually a small price to pay... And with $100 million or more in cap space available next year you can literally BUY yourself the equivalent of a #1 draft choice next year... Let's be REAL here...

Edited by DefenseWins

I feel the only way the Bills trade into the top 4 is if Giants take Barkley #2....

If Barkley goes #2, I feel Cleveland may trade out of the #4 Spot. Im thinking Cleveland is hoping for Darnold and Barkley.

Im not seeing a Pre Draft trade for the Bills.

I think the main focus of this draft will be to secure out two quarterbacks, one on offense, and one on defense. So QB and a top level MLB should be our aim. If we can accomplish that, the rest of the team is good enough for us to be able to compete both now and moving forward.

Just get those two guys and we can really all sit back and relax a bit for the season to start.

Go Bills!

Generational talents are available only in the top-3 of the draft...These are sure-things...We need to get one of those once in a few decades when we have the chance; either if we draft in the top5 or have the necessary draft-capital (Picks, Players) to pick in the top-5 we have to do it.   Wentz is a good example to go get  him.  We can't assume that we will be lucky like some of the other teams where a lower-round draft pick goes on to be a Franchise QB...    I would rather make something happen rather than wait  for lady luck !!!!