Favorite Trade Scenario to get a QB

KDIGGZ

Favorite Scenario to get a QB  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred method for getting a QB in the draft?

• Top 2 Pick (12, 22, 53, 65, next year's 1st)
    • Top 10 Pick (12, 53, 65)
    • Stay at 12
    • Trade back

What is your preferred method for the Bills to get a QB in the 2018 Draft?  We have a ton of picks and now the trick will be finding a partner to trade with.  Keep in mind that it's very likely there will be 3 QB's taken in the top 5.  The picks we would have to give up are suggestions based on rumors and speculation and are not set in stone but give an idea of what it might cost to move up.

Edited by kdiggz

Preferred would be a trade with Cleveland to #4, but keeping #22 and all our future 1sts. Hopefully the 4th QB has a massive chip on his shoulder and turns out better than the 3 taken in front of him and we can still add an impact player at 22. 

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m between option 1 and 3. I’d rather use pick 56 and a pick next year instead of the 2019 1st. That’s a dealbreaker for me.

Why Kirby? Next year is next year. Why give up picks this year when they can rebuild the front 7 and get a QB. AJ, Shady, a better defense with an aging Brady will surely keep us in contention for a playoff spot.

12 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Why Kirby? Next year is next year. Why give up picks this year when they can rebuild the front 7 and get a QB. AJ, Shady, a better defense with an aging Brady will surely keep us in contention for a playoff spot.

I'm taking the same stance as Kirby. I can't say for sure that this is his reasoning, but I foresee a tumble back down to Earth for the Bills next season and a pick around the 8-12 range. I'm not really interested in giving that up, especially because I think the QB that Buffalo can get at #12 is better than the ones that would be taken in a trade-up.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted for A , simply because it gives them their choice of all but 1 QB. There's something to be said for going all in on a guy. The 2019 1st hurts, and I see why some might want to hang onto it and get a lower spot. It looks to be a great year for DL. It could be a pretty high pick too. That means less choice at QB, but if the guy they really like is a good shot to be there with say 4 or 6 anyway then it makes sense. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

12 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Next year’s draft is loaded with ELITE front 4 players. Pass rush is the 2nd hardest thing to obtain. The last 2019 mock I saw had 12 DL going in the 1st round. The Bills pass rush stinks currently. I would much rather have a top end DE prospect in 2019 than a solid guy at pick 56. I actually think that our 2019 1st round pick is the best asset that we have. I’d use all 6 top 100 picks this year before including that pick.

I’m hoping Rosen falls. Bills have a first hand account of the guy from their OT McDermott, who played with Rosen at UCLA. I think Cleveland will go Darnold, Jets Allen, Giants will take Barkley, Broncos will go for a different position, maybe Minkah Fitzpatrick or Quenton Nelson. Make a move to jump Miami and take Rosen. 

I dont think quite as many QB’s are going as early as we think.

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m between option 1 and 3. I’d rather use pick 56 and a pick next year instead of the 2019 1st. That’s a dealbreaker for me.

that might be the sticking point in the real life discussions.  would you feel better about it if they were able to agree to a 2nd next year along with another pick this year?

Edited by kdiggz

If Mayfield or Rosen get to 6 or later, then I am doing everything I can to trade up there.  You won't have to give up hardly anything to get from 12 to say 7 or 8, we still get one of the best QBs in the draft, and keep virtually every pick.  That would be a dream scenario. 

That said.....won't happen.