Making the case for Lamar Jackson

502Buffs

On 4/3/2018 at 3:16 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, there is.

What's with the ridiculous new trend on this board of just copying and pasting song lyrics and changing 2 or 3 words thinking it's really clever?

Has there been an inundation of junior high kids on this board no one told me about? :huh:

yes it sure seems that way ....... posting "Lady in Red" was weak sauce

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See... this is kinda what I was figuring the impact would be with the lack of an agent.  Agents are there to get you the rounds on NFL Network and pump you up publicly.  But NFL teams don't care about that.  That's why I'm wondering if NFL teams have actually loved this move by Jackson because it's making it easier for them to let him slide a few spots.

It'll be interesting if Jackson goes before Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield. 

It's actually shocking to me that Josh Allen is widely considered a better prospect than Lamar Jackson. Allen isn't even close to the NFL QB prospect that Jackson is IMO.

I just don't believe the Bills are high on Allen, and in turn, not high on Jackson. I'm thinking the Bills wanting Allen stuff is all a smokescreen to try to get the Browns, Giants or Jets to draft him.

10 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

It's actually shocking to me that Josh Allen is widely considered a better prospect than Lamar Jackson. Allen isn't even close to the NFL QB prospect that Jackson is IMO.

I just don't believe the Bills are high on Allen, and in turn, not high on Jackson. I'm thinking the Bills wanting Allen stuff is all a smokescreen to try to get the Browns, Giants or Jets to draft him.

Completely agree with you on the Jackson >>>>> Allen assessment.

It's unfathomable to me that people are pumping Allen up like this and Jackson has become the forgotten man... at least publicly.

There are only 3 QBs I think are worthy of a top 10 pick: Mayfield, Darnold & Rosen.  And Jackson, not Allen, is the guy I think is right behind them.  And if we draft him at 12, I think that'll be a great pick.

I'm just so terrified we draft Allen.

19 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

<skycap and John from Riverside grab microphones, they point to Lamar Jackson, as he sits in the green room on Draft Night>

seriously, please go away......quit while you're behind

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I have been intrigued with a Jackson because of his potential but with the scuttlebutt that he has been hard to get a hold of by teams and that his mother is his agent I'm going to stay far away from him as possible because the possibility of being a headcase seems more and more likely.

The more I learn about him the more I would be very wary because of a few things.

1) His mother has been pushing for him to be a QB at least since he was in grammar school. So I am not sure if being a QB is Lamar's dream or his mother's.

2) I wonder why is he still so raw in terms of technique, if he has been wanting to be a QB since he was 12 years old or younger? Why didn't get get a bit more polished in all that time?

3) It seems like he and his mom may be enmeshed emotionally. The more I read up the more she seems to be more than a very supportive parent. Like you can't really think of one, without the other. They have to be considered in a sense, as being one person. You have to think about What Lamar will do, and what his mom will do, to know what will happen next. I think that is bad.

15 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Would rather send a second round pick to the browns and just get Tyrod Taylor 1.0 back instead of spending the 12th overall on Tyrod Taylor 2.0

So you think Taylor will still improve, even after 7 years in the league? What leads you to this conclusion? 

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

The more I learn about him the more I would be very wary because of a few things.

1) His mother has been pushing for him to be a QB at least since he was in grammar school. So I am not sure if being a QB is Lamar's dream or his mother's.

2) I wonder why is he still so raw in terms of technique, if he has been wanting to be a QB since he was 12 years old or younger? Why didn't get get a bit more polished in all that time?

3) It seems like he and his mom may be enmeshed emotionally. The more I read up the more she seems to be more than a very supportive parent. Like you can't really think of one, without the other. They have to be considered in a sense, as being one person. You have to think about What Lamar will do, and what his mom will do, to know what will happen next. I think that is bad.

WWLMD

What Would Lamar's Mom Do.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

It is only funny if A) you are not skycap or John from Riverside B) You don't want Jackson.

I have absolutely no problem for people not wanting Jackson

As long as it isnt paroting the same tired false information or complaining that his mother is his agent.

TT was great off the football field and incred hard worker.....in the end that doesnt matter it matters what happens on the field....and frankly Jackson has been a beast.