Making the case for Lamar Jackson

502Buffs

I think the pundits are in for a rude awakening come draft day when they see their sweethearts, Allen and Jackson fall out of the first round.. 

No frickin way these two should be drafted in the first, let alone the second.  I think you'll see one of the 2nd "tier" QB's selected before these guys, Rudolph, White?

Good luck with your project if you draft these two..  Way to throw away a pick.  LOL

Tim-

Wow, people actually think he threw the ball well at his pro day? That's one of the worst outings I've seen from a potential high draft pick.

He looked terrible to me. If you look bad on your pro day that is a bad sign. They are designed to make you look good.

I think it was smart of him not to run the 40. Now all the news is about that and not about how bad he looked throwing the football.

Edited by MJS

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Wow, people actually think he threw the ball well at his pro day? That's one of the worst outings I've seen from a potential high draft pick.

He looked terrible to me. If you look bad on your pro day that is a bad sign. They are designed to make you look good.

WR's dropping balls that hit them right in the hands

Most QBs dont work under center at their pro day

Guess you must have listened to it with the sound turned off so you could not hear the analysts giving opinion

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Guess you must have listened to it with the sound turned off so you could not hear the analysts giving opinion

I watched it with my eyeballs and he looked bad. I indeed did not listen to it, but I don't care if the analysts were trying to excuse how bad he looked.

And absolutely the WR's dropped balls. I don't blame him for that.

Edited by MJS

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

John, your defense of Lamar Jackson is getting ridiculous.  His inaccuracy is a well known issue and if you add the facts that a) he chose to have his mother as his agent and b) he's dumber than a box of rocks ... there's no reason anyone should want this guy to be a QB in the NFL.

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

John, your defense of Lamar Jackson is getting ridiculous.  His inaccuracy is a well known issue and if you add the facts that a) he chose to have his mother as his agent and b) he's dumber than a box of rocks ... there's no reason anyone should want this guy to be a QB in the NFL.

Whatsa matter Gug....not the guy you want?

He is not my first choice either....my first choice is gonna require a farm to get.

Unlike you...I am smart enough to know that the chances of us being able to move up into the top 5 of this draft are not nearly as easy as some are making it out to be.

A plan B is needed

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He is not my first choice either....my first choice is gonna require a farm to get.

Unlike you...I am smart enough to know that the chances of us being able to move up into the top 5 of this draft are not nearly as easy as some are making it out to be.

A plan B is needed

I’d sooner roll mother Theresa out there than another sub 20 wonderlic qb

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Only case?  LMAO...geezus what a stupid comment to say my or anyone else only case for him is one play.  I cant speak for the others, but I can personally tell you that you are GROSSLY INACCURATE if you think the ONLY thing I can make a case for him on is this one play.  

I dont want him or anyone off of any single or few plays.  Some of us happen to believe he is a better passer than you think he is.  That doesn't make us right, its our opinion.  You seem to think your opinion is the only right opinion and now are making assumptions to why we have a different one.  

I watched him a LOT in college...and yes, like EVERY prospect, there are pros and cons to their game.  There is NO HANDS DOWN franchise QB in this draft.  There is no "Andrew Luck" type grade on any QB.  I watched every USC game, and trust me, Sam Darnold is no lock.  He makes bone head plays every week.  I love the kids potential, but lets not pretend he had a perfect reel himself, because he doesn't.  

I cant even understand the love for Rosen by some here who want to give up 3 first round picks for him and more.  The guy has Bradford like durability combined with a Cutler-esque leadership and likability...Combine Bradford and Cutler into one QB is not inspiring to me.  I would be happy to have him and hope he proves to be more than that, but the kid is as much of a gamble as Lamar is for different reasons.  

At the end of the day, getting any of the top 5 QB prospects this year should be something we are all excited about.  Some of us prefer to not pay a bounty and see them all more closely graded than others.  Other people read only mock drafts and mistakenly think the draft starts and ends only with Darnold and Rosen.  

Personally...Baker Mayfield is the QB prospect I think is the top prospect in the draft.  But I would love to land Lamar or any of the top 5 who fall to us at 12 too and keep all our picks and still have a stud QB prospect.  And make no mistake, any of the top 5 QB's would be the top or 2nd best QB prospect in most drafts...this is just a crowded and diverse year.

Well said!

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

A plan B is needed

You don't need to insult me, John.  That's not nice.

It's simple .. if they can't get THE guy, then don't get ANY guy.  This guy is an IMMINENT FAILURE.

The only good things I've read about him are yours and Charlie Victor's interpretations of what's being reported (which is not good, my friend).

This guy is literally stupid.  Stupid people don't fare well as QBs in today's NFL.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

I’d sooner roll mother Theresa out there than another sub 20 wonderlic qb

Good luck to you and Mother

I would rather have a football player

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You don't need to insult me, John.  That's not nice.

It's simple .. if they can't get THE guy, then don't get ANY guy.  This guy is an IMMINENT FAILURE.

The only good things I've read about him are yours and Charlie Victor's interpretations of what's being reported (which is not good, my friend).

This guy is literally stupid.  Stupid people don't fare well as QBs in today's NFL.

Yet ran a complex college offense

Yet manage to be ultra productive in college

Yet is considered a high first round pick

Yeah.....all he can do is play football

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Good luck to you and Mother

I would rather have a football player

Yet ran a complex college offense

Yet manage to be ultra productive in college

Yet is considered a high first round pick

Yeah.....all he can do is play football

You talking about Tebow?

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Because Lamar Always Cuddles Kittens?

Nope I'd take Cam or Jameis any day of the week and if you look back you will find posts saying we need to do whatever it takes to draft them. Jameis was my top QB since Luck at the time

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Nope I'd take Cam or Jameis any day of the week and if you look back you will find posts saying we need to do whatever it takes to draft them. Jameis was my top QB since Luck at the time

When I saw Jameis play for the first time, and then saw footage of him giving a pregame speech in the locker room, the first thing I thought was: "He's the next Cam Newton."

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

When I saw Jameis play for the first time, and then saw footage of him giving a pregame speech in the locker room, the first thing I thought was: "He's the next Cam Newton."

I'm starting to leave the jameis bandwagon. He's holding the team back every game I watch. Doug Martin doesn't help. Thought he was a stud

I mean who doesn't want to be called muscle hamster?!