Who would you like to see at QB on opening day: McCarron, Peterman, or Rookie QB?

Logic

Who would you like to start at QB in 2018? McCarron, Peterman, or Rookie QB?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see start for the Bills at QB in 2018?

• Nathan Peterman
    • AJ McCarron
    • Rookie QB

One way or the other, I expect the Bills to draft a rookie QB in the draft next month. 

Furthermore, it's pretty clear that there will be an open QB competition in training camp to decide who starts. It's easy to just say "I want whoever wins the competition to be the starter!". Well...duh! I also realize that not knowing who the rookie QB will be will perhaps impact the answers to this. Maybe it won't.

What I'm asking is who would YOU PERSONALLY like to see as the starter at QB for the Bills on opening day? Do you want to see McCarron get his shot? Maybe you think Peterman got a bad rap last year and deserves another go of it in a new offense? Perhaps you think rookie QBs should start from day one and take their lumps? Perhaps you're dead set on a rookie sitting on the bench in year one? So the question is...

Who would you like to see under center on opening day in 2018 and why?

I am hoping for best case scenario. McCarron shows enough during OTAs, training camp and pre-season to win the job. The rookie sits behind him learning for one to two years. Then we trade McCarron to a QB hungry team for new assests and our franchise QB takes over.

Edited by JackKemp

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

One way or the other, I expect the Bills to draft a rookie QB in the draft next month. 

Furthermore, it's pretty clear that there will be an open QB competition in training camp to decide who starts. It's easy to just say "I want whoever wins the competition to be the starter!". Well...duh! I also realize that not knowing who the rookie QB will be will perhaps impact the answers to this. Maybe it won't.

What I'm asking is who would YOU PERSONALLY like to see as the starter at QB for the Bills on opening day? Do you want to see McCarron get his shot? Maybe you think Peterman got a bad rap last year and deserves another go of it in a new offense? Perhaps you think rookie QBs should start from day one and take their lumps? Perhaps you're dead set on a rookie sitting on the bench in year one? So the question is...

Who would you like to see under center on opening day in 2018 and why?

I voted McCarron, although if the question was geared around starting in week 10 rather than week 1, I'd have voted for rookie QB.  I kind of want to see McCarron get his shot, partially because I don't think he's very good (fine with him as a backup though!) and maybe I'm wrong.  Plus, as a fan, if your starter isn't playing well and there's a 1st-round rookie behind him, that's not so bad.  But if the starter isn't playing well and there's a journeyman backup behind him, that's much less sunny.

8 minutes ago, Cash said:

I voted McCarron, although if the question was geared around starting in week 10 rather than week 1, I'd have voted for rookie QB.  I kind of want to see McCarron get his shot, partially because I don't think he's very good (fine with him as a backup though!) and maybe I'm wrong.  Plus, as a fan, if your starter isn't playing well and there's a 1st-round rookie behind him, that's not so bad.  But if the starter isn't playing well and there's a journeyman backup behind him, that's much less sunny.

I as well.

I want to see McCarron crushing it so by week 10 and beyond we are on a playoff run. I would love to see McCarron be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Will that happen? Most likely not but lets see what he has.

• Like (+1) 2

Ideally you want a veteran guy on a team that just made the playoffs to play well enough to get wins......

I still feel that the best case scenario (if we have to give up a mint in picks) is to select Lamar Jackson at 12.....

He needs a year holding the clip board....but his upside is incredible.   And would allow us to feel holes at LB, WR, and OL in this draft.  We could even get a RB of the future out of this deep class.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I as well.

I want to see McCarron crushing it so by week 10 and beyond we are on a playoff run. I would love to see McCarron be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Will that happen? Most likely not but lets see what he has.

That would be pretty shocking to me, but I wouldn't complain!

23 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

I'd be surprised, but not sad if Peterman was able to beat out McCarron and start, but I can't picture it happening. 

It would be very sad if Peterman beat out McCarron and a top draft pick