Prediction Rudolph will go before Rosen if the Bills are selecting a QB at 12

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well here's you saying it's sealed that Allen goes #1.

Well it’s rumored that Cleveland will take him with the 1st pick in the daft. That was what I thought would happen. What I’m hoping for or would like to see happen is the Bills get one of these 4 QB’s. 

So what I think will happen and what I want to see are 2 different things. Am I ok to still post royal cheese ? , Do I have your permission. 

Allen 

Mayfield 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

I think we might be surprised at how one or more of the QBs slides a bit...

Teams are going to be sitting there looking at amazing prospects at other positions. Do they take the 3rd or 4th best QB or a potential pro bowl caliber DE or G, or CB or S?

That's possible, but it only helps us if we are in on one of the fellas that is dropping.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, smuvtalker said:

Hey, I respect everyone's opinion on here. I have to say I don't think for a nanosecond that if Rosen is still available at 12 that the Bills will pick Rudolph over him. They will full-on sprint to hand in their card, open SEVERAL bottles of champagne, McDermott clap his hands numb, and then try their best to hide their massive erections over the fact they got at 12 for what most would agree they could've easily coughed up both 1's, a 2, a 3 and even next year's 1st.   Then, with the realization that they still have another 1st rounder, 2 2's, 2 3's, at least one member of the organization will spontaneously combust.  I will have died seconds after I hear, "With the 12th pick in the NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select.....Josh Rosen, quarterback, University of California Los Angeles."

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Buffalo-Bills-draft-EJ-Manuel-No-16-in-the-2013-NFL-Draft/16d70834-206a-42f7-ad4a-0a482556ea32

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Well it’s rumored that Cleveland will take him with the 1st pick in the daft. That was what I thought would happen. What I’m hoping for or would like to see happen is the Bills get one of these 4 QB’s. 

So what I think will happen and what I want to see are 2 different things. I’m ok to still post royal cheese ? , Do I have your permission. 

Allen 

Mayfield 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

No...you said it was sealed.  When it's sealed, it's done.  Both this thread and the last one are what you will think will happen.

You shouldn't continue to post if you continue to lie.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

"feelings of culture".  I never used that language at all.  Beane and McD always use the language of culture though and they are pretty clear on what it means, to them.  It's not about what they feel or I feel, they've pretty much laid out what they are talking about.  Again, I will say I'm not suggesting that they should take Rudolph over Rosen or Mayfield.  What I am saying though is I would not be surprised to see Rosen and Mayfield slip and that they will try their best to land Darnold or Allen first and if they can't, they may leave QB alone until round 2 and take Rudolph if he's there.

All I'm saying is as we've gotten closer to the draft, I think the picture on what they are looking for is clearer.  I think their goal is to land Darnold or Allen and if they can't they are not going to take Mayfield or Rosen if those interviews did not indicate these guys fit what they are looking for both in a football player and as a guy that represents what they are building.

Twice earlier you said he fits their culture.

Sorry I used the word "feelings"

Again, is Rosen or Mayfield are available at #12 they aren't going to pass for a  guy with clearly inferior talent like Rudolph.

It's just not going to happen.

As I said, they might decide to keep the picks and roll the dice with whoever falls to them, but it won't be any of the top4 at #12.

If they do that, they basically tied their hands to take Rudolph or Jackson at #12 because another team will reach and take him before #22 due to the importance of the position.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

No...you said it was sealed.  When it's sealed, it's done.  Both this thread and the last one are what you will think will happen.

You shouldn't continue to post if you continue to lie.

Yes it’s sealed I was thinking that is what will happen he will go number 1 to the browns. 

Coukd I be wrong sure I can. What I want to happen is Allen to the Bills at 6 with a trade up with the colts. So who cares,  I did not know your the collector of all things that are sealed. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

True or not, that's a plausible take.  I hope they are able to move up, because settling for a Day 2 guy is not very appealing.

I agree with you.  I hope like hell Darnold or Allen can be selected, preferably Darnold.  I don't want a day two guy.  It just oozes failure LOL.  But I honestly think when it comes to QBs Darnold and Allen are the guys not just football-wise but overall guys that Beane and McD look at and without hesitation say Hell yeah, get this guy on my team.  The other two in the top 4, I think they look at and say I like them on the football field, but I have a lot of questions about other things.  I think they look at Rudolph and say, I have some questions about his football acumen, but no questions at all about him otherwise.

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Again, is Rosen or Mayfield are available at #12 they aren't going to pass for a  guy with clearly inferior talent like Rudolph.

As I said, they might decide to keep the picks and roll the dice with whoever falls to them, but it won't be any of the top4 at #12.

If they do that, they basically tied their hands to take Rudolph or Jackson at #12 because another team will reach and take him before #22 due to the importance of the position.

I think my language may not have been clear.  As I did clear up in another post, I'm not saying they would take Rudolph at 12.  I'm saying they'll stick to BPA not named Rosen or Darnold at 12 and take Rudolph later.

Yes it’s sealed I was thinking that is what will happen he will go number 1 to the browns. 

Coukd I be wrong sure I can. What I want to happen is Allen to the Bills at 6 with a trade up with the colts. So who cares,  I did not know your the collector of all things that are sealed. 

How are you not getting this?

You specifically stated in the Allen thread it's sealed, he will go #1.  That's a prediction.  

Then just above, you think Darnold goes #1.  That's a prediction.

This is so simple.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

If the Bills target is Darnold then Rudolph and they lose out in Darnold they will stay at 12 and take Rudolph. The Bills will then use the rest of there picks. I think and have a feeling the Bills covet Darnold, Allen and Rudolph in that order. So will see, it’s just my opinion from what I hear from our GM and coach in the media. 

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I agree with you.  I hope like hell Darnold or Allen can be selected, preferably Darnold.  I don't want a day two guy.  It just oozes failure LOL.  But I honestly think when it comes to QBs Darnold and Allen are the guys not just football-wise but overall guys that Beane and McD look at and without hesitation say Hell yeah, get this guy on my team.  The other two in the top 4, I think they look at and say I like them on the football field, but I have a lot of questions about other things.  I think they look at Rudolph and say, I have some questions about his football acumen, but no questions at all about him otherwise.

I'm inclined to agree with your surmise.  I would pass on Rudolph before round 2.  As I've said elsewhere, might as well wait and take a flier on White or Lauletta, but that's a failed draft given their aspirations for a potential franchise qb.  I also prefer Darnold because I think there is less risk there and a high ceiling, though Allen will be the best if he realizes his ceiling.

On 4/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

26cornerblitz I really don’t think so, the more I look at Rudolph the more I like about him. He has everything, Size, weight, good arm, almost 70 percent completion percentage. He was a 4 year starter,  he’s mobile, he moves around in the pocket well. He is a very good leader and fits into Beans QB mold. I think you should get used to the idea of the Bills drafting him. I’m sold on the guy. I was very hard on Rosen in other draft threads. I’ve come around on him too. I would be happy with him too. I just don’t think we will get him. This draft comes down to what the NYG do at 2. If they draft Barkley or Chubb then game on. If Barkley goes #2 to the New York Giants then I could see the bills trading with Cleveland at number four. I could also see Denver taking a QB but if they pass on a QB then there woukd be only 2 QB’s drafted so far. So either way only 2 or 3 QB’s would be off the board. So that means bills could trade into 6-10 and get a Mayfield or Rosen or Allen. But I really think Rudolph has really been short changed here. He is so good and has the complete package. I for one am so excited that we at least moved to 12. So at the very minimum we could at least get Rudolph. So lots to be excited about. There is just something that tells me Rudolph is the guy I think that is going to do really well. I also feel that way about Allen. Man I can’t wait to see how this all plays out. 

all good points

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How are you not getting this?

You specifically stated in the Allen thread it's sealed, he will go #1.  That's a prediction.  

Then just above, you think Darnold goes #1.  That's a prediction.

This is so simple.

I think Cleveland is having a hard time deciding if it’s Allen or Darnold. I’m hoping it’s Darnold so we can get Allen. But I’ve said in the past I thought Allen would go number 1. So will see things change as more info comes out and things like that. I’m pretty sure you know where I stand. 

I don’t like Rosen at all, I would prefer the Bills 

get 1 of these QB’s in this order this is my 

order not the Bills 

Allen 

Mayfield 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

I said I think the bills order is this 

Darnold 

Allen 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I think my language may not have been clear.  As I did clear up in another post, I'm not saying they would take Rudolph at 12.  I'm saying they'll stick to BPA not named Rosen or Darnold at 12 and take Rudolph later.

I understand what you're saying.

The point is that Rudolph almost certainly won't be available at #22, so they would have to take him at #12

The other issue is "BPA" is Rosen or Mayfield at #12 due to positional value.

An 8/10 QB is more valuable than a 10/10 cb for example.

If the Bills target is Darnold then Rudolph and they lose out in Darnold they will stay at 12 and take Rudolph. The Bills will then use the rest of there picks. I think and have a feeling the Bills covet Darnold, Allen and Rudolph in that order. So will see, it’s just my opinion from what I hear from our GM and coach in the media. 

They don't "covet" Rudolph over Rosen or Mayfield.

No GM in the NFL does.

It's whether they want to pay the price to get one of the big 4.

If Rosen or Mayfield slide to #12 there is no way in hell they pass on either one there, unless something major happens between now and the draft (like one of them killing somebody or getting injuredb in a big way)

I think Cleveland is having a hard time deciding if it’s Allen or Darnold. I’m hoping it’s Darnold so we can get Allen. But I’ve said in the past I thought Allen would go number 1. So will see things change as more info comes out and things like that. I’m pretty sure you know where I stand. 

order not the Bills 

Allen 

Mayfield 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

Darnold 

Allen 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

Yes we know.  You tell us every time you can.

It's only because of his politics.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

order not the Bills 

Allen 

Mayfield 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

Darnold 

Allen 

Rudolph 

Jackson. 

You don't like Rosen?

No way.

Who knew??

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Why do you think the Bills don't want Rosen.

We know why YOU don't want Rosen.  Why don't the Bills?

On 4/1/2018 at 11:31 PM, GreggTX said:

Why waste a 1st round pick on Rudolph? That makes no sense at all. We can probably get him with the 65th or 66th pick or maybe just a bit higher. I hope Beane isn't that foolish.

Several {Patriot sites say the the Pats will take him in the first round.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

If Rosen or Mayfield slide to #12 there is no way in hell they pass on either one there, unless something major happens between now and the draft (like one of them killing somebody or getting injuredb in a big way)

If one of the big 4 slides to 12, they would be foolish not to take them imo, but then again, I don't have the research they do, so I am not as cognizant of off-field issues that may play into their thinking.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes we know.  You tell us every time you can.

It's only because of his politics.

Well not really but you can keep running with that. 

I don’t like my QB’s being Social Justice Warriors 

and dividing the locker room. So to me he does not fit into the process. It’s my opinion I know you don’t agree with it and that’s ok.