Prediction Rudolph will go before Rosen if the Bills are selecting a QB at 12

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....imagine if McBeane stays put at  #12 and BOTH Rosen AND Rudolph are there?......and the Commish reads "Rudolph" from the card?...uh oh..........

Typo. The card person will be fired

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 6:04 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....imagine if McBeane stays put at  #12 and BOTH Rosen AND Rudolph are there?......and the Commish reads "Rudolph" from the card?...uh oh..........

Wouldn't be my choice but Rudolph could easily be the better pro. We would judge that decision in a couple of years. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2018 at 8:54 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Seriously? You don't understand how a horrible defense puts a ton more pressure on the offense by giving it consistently worse field position and forcing them to have to score more to win? Seriously? I don't quite know what to say to that. Lemme try this ... Having a great defense makes life much easier for an offense. Having a terrible defense makes things a ton more difficult. A ton more difficult. 

Oklahoma had a bad defense. Yeah. Oklahoma allowed 394.9 yards per game. That's bad. But UCLA allowed almost 100 yard per game more, 483.7.

And yeah, Oklahoma allowed 389 points. That's bad. But UCLA allowed almost 100 more points, 476. Oklahoma's defense was a bit above average, well behind the really good defenses, but not awful. UCLA's was absolutely awful.

Yes, Lamar is a very good QB. But you're flat out WRONG if you think that he's responsible for their wins and losses. He had a share of it. So did the rest of the guys on the field. Yeah, good QBs lift a team. So does a good RB, a good LT, anyone good lifts the level of the team and the guys around him. QBs more so because of the importance of their position. But it's a simple, obvious, self-evident truth that it's teams that win. Not one player. Not in football.

Archie Manning was a terrific QB. He absolutely lifted the level of the players around him. But they sucked so bad that there was no way to lift them enough. Put Joe Montana on that Saints team and they still lose most of their games. It's a team game. Philip Rivers lifts the level of the players around him a ton. But he simply hasn't had good enough players around him to make any serious dent in the playoffs. It's a team game.

And you can't say Rosen didn't lift his teammates. You can't say that unless you're in the huddle, unless you're one of the coaches calling the plays and watching practices. Most of the way that QBs lift teams is simply by playing extremely well. Which Rosen did and that game where they had the huge comeback is an example. Deny that he wasn't lifting his teammates in that game and you're only showing you're seeing what you want to see. Here's another possible indication that he lifted his teammates:

UCLA played 13 games. With Rosen they played eleven games against Texas A&M, Hawaii, Memphis, Stanford, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Arizona State, USC and Cal. They averaged in those games 35.0 points per game.

Without Rosen they played two games and scored 17 points both times. Against the mighty defenses of Utah and Kansas State. Care to guess what their two lowest-scoring games of the year were?

And Rosen didn't lift that team? Come on, man.

As for Mayfield, I'd rather have him as Secretary of War. I like Mayfield. Wouldn't mind him here either.

Its also worth mentioning that in 2016, after Rosen got hurt UCLA only won a single game the rest of the season (and 4 out of 6 games without him UCLA scored 20 points or less. 3 of those games they scored 10, 10 and 14 points) 

They went 3-3 with him, with one game going to OT (where UCLA's defense stunk) and 2 more where they barely lost both by 3 points.

The losses without him in the lineup were not nearly as close (they lost by 26pts, 22pts, 10pts, 7pts & 6pts). 

7 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

yes they have turned on him and so has the national media. Rudolph is the guy now 

No they haven't.

You have 12-15 pages in multiple Rosen threads that YOU started, and every thread has like 1-2 people who agree with you and dozens who don't.

So no, that's not the "entire board".

Your idiotcy astounds me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

So many people have Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph as their late first round guys. They are considerably behind the top 4 guys and Rudolph is borderline second rd. So to say that the most refined passer in the draft will go behind a system QB that will have a huge learning curve coming into the NFL is blasphemy.

i agree with your last point and grade rudolph way above lamar..... and not 4 nuthin derek carr went in the 2nd......

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/04/16/mason-rudolph-nfl-draft-oklahoma-state-quarterback-options-buffalo-bills/515042002/

Anyone who favors Mason Rudolph should read the above. I know, I know Sal is a crazy ole coot sometimes. He does present some huge red flags about Rudolph and has quotes from other respected analysts. Make no mistake about it this guy is a big project and it is questionable whether he fits what the Bills need to accomplish in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/04/16/mason-rudolph-nfl-draft-oklahoma-state-quarterback-options-buffalo-bills/515042002/

Anyone who favors Mason Rudolph should read the above. I know, I know Sal is a crazy ole coot sometimes. He does present some huge red flags about Rudolph and has quotes from other respected analysts. Make no mistake about it this guy is a big project and it is questionable whether he fits what the Bills need to accomplish in this draft.

I think the biggest issue with taking Rudolph is that if the bills decide to not trade up, that means Allen, Mayfield, darnold, and Rosen will all be gone by #12.

I know there are a select few who are pounding the drum that this won't be the case, such as the OP of this thread, but I'm not sure what world than happens in.

So if it's the case that they're settled on Rudolph, his value spot should be #22 at the highest, but that means hoping another team doesn't reach for him at #13-21.

That's a big risk, especially if all the other QBs are gone, which means you're stuck taking a 2nd round project at #12 to secure him, which sounds an awful lot like the EJ Manuel fiasco.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I think the biggest issue with taking Rudolph is that if the bills decide to not trade up, that means Allen, Mayfield, darnold, and Rosen will all be gone by #12.

I know there are a select few who are pounding the drum that this won't be the case, such as the OP of this thread, but I'm not sure what world than happens in.

So if it's the case that they're settled on Rudolph, his value spot should be #22 at the highest, but that means hoping another team doesn't reach for him at #13-21.

That's a big risk, especially if all the other QBs are gone, which means you're stuck taking a 2nd round project at #12 to secure him, which sounds an awful lot like the EJ Manuel fiasco.

If we get to the 12th spot and haven't moved up to get one of the top 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield) we have largely failed in our goal to acquire a premium top prospect. At 12 I would take Allen, if still there, the problem is we are getting into the projects at this point. And, if I'm going to do that he needs to possess the kind of upside he offers. I question whether Rudolph should even be taken ahead of Lamar in terms of upside.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, horned dogs said:

If we get to the 12th spot and haven't moved up to get one of the top 3 (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield) we have largely failed in our goal to acquire a premium top prospect. At 12 I would take Allen, if still there, the problem is we are getting into the projects at this point. And, if I'm going to do that he needs to possess the kind of upside he offers. I question whether Rudolph should even be taken ahead of Lamar in terms of upside.

No need to question it at all.  Rudolph doesn't belong in the conversation. 

• Like (+1) 4

I'm a Rosen guy but that article and other emphases lead me to believe that the Bills are not interested in

1)  Rosen

2)  Mayfield

They are interested in

1)  Darnold

2)  Allen

3)  Rudolph

4)  Jackson

5)  Falk

Their emphasis is on culture and I think they will do extra homework to make sure that whoever they take fits within the culture they are trying to build.  I think their preference is to land Darnold or Allen, but they will take a lesser talented player (Rudolph, Falk) and less polished player (Jackson) at the position than bring in a guy that does not fit the culture.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and the interviews with Rosen and Mayfield went well and they saw something, heard things and that these guys actually do fit into the culture.  But if they don't they just don't.  No need to force it.