Prediction Rudolph will go before Rosen if the Bills are selecting a QB at 12

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Still think Rudolph will be drafted before some of the top 5 in this draft class. So meaning he might go before Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Rosen and Jackson. People are sleeping on this guy. he could end up being the best QB in the draft class. I’m thinking that there is some GM’s out there that also believe this. He has the 2nd best Accuracy in the this draft class and best deap ball, plus 4 year starter. He also has the size and weight. Watch out because this dude can ball. 

Still think that you probably have someone tie your shoes for you

43 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I am an UGA fan, so Roquon at 12 would not displease me, but I think this draft is first and foremost all about the qb and I just don't think Rudolph is that good.  If we take him, I will hope that I am wrong and root for him to do well.  I prefer Mark Andrews at TE.  DJ Chark and Equanimeous St. Brown are WRs I like.

Figured out how to embed videos did we?

I guess there is no longer a need to YouTube 'Mason Rudolph' anymore ...

On 3/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, horned dogs said:

Since your prediction isn't rooted in Politics I have a proposal for you. You must truly believe that if the Bills end up on the clock with a choice between Rosen and Rudolph....... they will take Rudolph. Right? I disagree with this and that is my opinion. If this  scenario comes to fruition and I am wrong, and they pick Rudolph, I will leave this forum permanently. Will you do the same? Or are you just spouting off and creating a LAMP when there are a million different threads about this stuff already.

I don't normally bet but if I did, I'd bet your safe

• Thank you (+1) 1

So based on all that can be read in this post, some bad publicity or perceived weaknesses by un-named (by me) sources drives down your likely draft selection spot. This would suggest Darnold slides due to turnovers & throwing mechanics, Rosen slides due to "character issues", Mayfield slides due to attitude, Jackson slides due to bad agent & he runs, Allen slides due to inaccuracy, Rudolph slides due to weak arm & pocket awareness, who's left to draft at top of the 1st ?

On 3/26/2018 at 1:36 PM, MJS said:

Plenty of A-Hole HOF QB's out there. Tom Brady is a huge jerk. He yells at players and coaches on the sideline. Favre was a crappy person.

I don't care if people like Rosen. I care if he can win. I think he can.

Why?

In 2015 he was the starting QB for a #13 ranked team that ultimately finished ranked #22. We can go round and round about who did what and what happened. But that is not the outcome a #13 ranked team would want. A#13 ranking tends to beat up the dialogue that Josh Rosen never had talent around him.

In 2016, the Bruins were ranked #16 preseason. Of course, the brittle Rosen was injured early. Can you blame him on that? No, I guess not. Worth noting: The UCLA offensive line included three players that likely will have wound up as NFL players.

In 2017, by the second week of the year the Bruins were ranked 25th in the AP. They closed out the season NR.

Josh Rosen's offensive line has included included a current NFL OT, Scott Quisenberry and Kolton Miller - both likely NFL draftees and Miller is likely to be gone by the end of the 2nd round. At one point he had all three on the line. He's had remarkable coaching. 

I don't claim to be a UCLA expert but as I see it, those are some of the facts about Josh Rosen. There's a whole lot of opinion about him (no talent on the team) but if you want to discredit the worth of NFL coaching and the meaning of national ranking in each of his three years at UCLA, be my guest.

I think if there's one thing you can't say about Josh Rosen is that he's been a winner. He hasn't. And I think ultimately that there has been at least some talent on that team around him and for the most part, it's apologists making a bull crap claim. 

I think he falls on draft day. Falls hard.

Edited by Tyrod's friend

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Why?

In 2015 he was the starting QB for a #13 ranked team that ultimately finished ranked #22. We can go round and round about who did what and what happened. But that is not the outcome a #13 ranked team would want. A#13 ranking tends to beat up the dialogue that Josh Rosen never had talent around him.

In 2016, the Bruins were ranked #16 preseason. Of course, the brittle Rosen was injured early. Can you blame him on that? No, I guess not. Worth noting: The UCLA offensive line included three players that likely will have wound up as NFL players.

In 2017, by the second week of the year the Bruins were ranked 25th in the AP. They closed out the season NR.

Josh Rosen's offensive line has included included a current NFL OT, Scott Quisenberry and Kolton Miller - both likely NFL draftees and Miller is likely to be gone by the end of the 2nd round. At one point he had all three on the line. He's had remarkable coaching. 

I don't claim to be a UCLA expert but as I see it, those are some of the facts about Josh Rosen. There's a whole lot of opinion about him (no talent on the team) but if you want to discredit the worth of NFL coaching and the meaning of national ranking in each of his three years at UCLA, be my guest.

I think if there's one thing you can't say about Josh Rosen is that he's been a winner. He hasn't. And I think ultimately that there has been at least some talent on that team around him and for the most part, it's apologists making a bull crap claim. 

You seem to have that covered yourself! smh

On 3/26/2018 at 10:22 PM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

If The Bills are staying at 12 and there choice is between Rudolph or Rosen, I predict the Bills will select Rudolph. I’m praying the Jets take Rosen. Rosen does not fit the Bills or this towns culture, nor does he seem to fit the Process that Coach McD has instituted on this team.

The idea that Rosen doesn't fit the Bills culture or the process is backed up by absolutely nothing either in life or in your post. There's absolutely no reason to think this is so.

Will Rosen be a bust? Maybe. I doubt it unless it's because of injuries, but maybe.

Rudolph over Rosen at 12? Very little chance, IMHO. If they want Rudolph they could get him at #22, or trade back from #12.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Why?

You could be right about him falling. I doubt it but it's not impossible.

But UCLA didn't fall because of Josh Rosen. Their defense was absolutely horrible. Worst rushing defense in the country, 287.4 YPG. Terrible defense overall. Blaming the team's performance on Josh Rosen (or blaming any team's performance on anyone player) is missing the point.

Wins and losses are team stats. Wanna evaluate the QB? Look at how well he played QB. Period.

Rosen played QB very very well, which is why he's almost certainly going to be a top ten pick.

Edited by Thurman#1

49 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Why waste a 1st round pick on Rudolph? That makes no sense at all. We can probably get him with the 65th or 66th pick or maybe just a bit higher. I hope Beane isn't that foolish.

He will never make it out of the first round. Your dreaming if you think that’s what’s going to happen to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Jim Mora on Josh Rosen -

"Josh, I think, without a doubt, is the number one quarterback in the draft. He’s a franchise-changer. He’s got the ability to have an immediate impact. His arm talent, intelligence, and his ability to see the game and diagnose the game is rare. He’d come to the sidelines after a play and it was uncanny—he could right away say exactly why he made every decision."

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You could be right about him falling. I doubt it but it's not impossible.

But UCLA didn't fall because of Josh Rosen. Their defense was absolutely horrible. Worst rushing defense in the country, 287.4 YPG. Terrible defense overall. Blaming the team's performance on Josh Rosen (or blaming any team's performance on anyone player) is missing the point.

Wins and losses are team stats. Wanna evaluate the QB? Look at how well he played QB. Period.

Rosen played QB very very well, which is why he's almost certainly going to be a top ten pick.

I agree, to a degree. Winning is a team game. But my post was a reaction to someone saying that Rosen had won. On the face of it, Rosen played for squads that were talented. That's just not refutable; you don't get to be nationally ranked 13th, 16th and 25th ranked team and be devoid of talent. They were ranked 13th before Josh Rosen had thrown a pass. 

I've already admitted that I am not a UCLA expert and thanks for reminding they had a porous defense. 

It seems to me if you are looking for a QB that is a "winner", then you are taking Lamar Jackson. Not Josh Rosen.

Cheers.