Prediction Rudolph will go before Rosen if the Bills are selecting a QB at 12

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

On the subject of Rudolph, I really enjoyed his episode with (Mariucci?) on NFL Network where he broke down plays and recited them. He seemed intelligent, while also having a sense of humor.

I really do wish he was better at football. All the other stuff is on point. 

Ouch    T

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/20180414/patriots-take-quarterback-mason-rudolph-first-in-mock-draft

The lack of early-round picks has left the Patriots with a lack of young cornerstone pieces. Now they are in position to add quality players. Here’s a look at what the Patriots could do in the draft:

First round, pick 23: Mason Rudolph, quarterback, Oklahoma State

With Tom Brady turning 41, the Patriots need to address their quarterback situation. Rudolph has good size (6-foot-5) and was productive at Oklahoma State, throwing for 4,904 yards and 37 touchdowns last season. The Patriots put Rudolph through a private workout.

First round, pick 31: Rashaan Evans, linebacker, Alabama

The Patriots need help in their front seven and the 6-3, 234-pound Evans seems like a good fit. He could help at inside and outside linebacker. He had 150 tackles and 15 sacks at Alabama in his career. He had an official visit with the Patriots, talked to the team at the combine and Bill Belichick was at his Pro Day.

17 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Where is Watikins and Darby playing right now?

Watkins, while great when healthy, was shaking hurt, had a big payday coming, and hadn't committed to wanting to be in Buffalo for good.

Darby's play had fallen off significant after his first year.

They saw an opportunity to get draft capital in this year's draft.

5 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Okay,   exactly why do you think they traded each of those players? 

I'd say Darby was a scheme fit issue. Watkins? Easy, look at the cost. Sure, they could have locked him in for 2018 with a 5th year option for upwards of $14 million . ( I would have liked that move ) Still no answer at QB on the roster. So they're not interested in paying huge WR $ before fixing QB. They recouped something of value for Watkins ( not enough imo) and can hopefully parlay that into a move up. The Benjamin deal made sense as he was cheaper and they were in the midst of a playoff push. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you are political.

no not really,  but most of you guys are that you ever talk about is politics.  Then you wonder why we are a divided  nation. I prefer not to talk about politics. How about you ? Don’t you prefer not to talk about it. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'd say Darby was a scheme fit issue. Watkins? Easy, look at the cost. Sure, they could have locked him in for 2018 with a 5th year option for upwards of $14 million . ( I would have liked that move ) Still no answer at QB on the roster. So they're not interested in paying huge WR $ before fixing QB. They recouped something of value for Watkins ( not enough imo) and can hopefully parlay that into a move up. The Benjamin deal made sense as he was cheaper and they were in the midst of a playoff push. 

I feel like Darby has some on the low off field stuff as well with all the stuff with Jamies and such. 

“Dividing the locker room” is overblown. We have co-workers we disagree with on many different issues, but when it comes to work you put it aside and work towards mutual success. A blocker isn’t going to think they’re going to let Rosen get sacked because of a social difference of opinion, they’re in the moment thinking about their job, which is protecting the QB. And if they don’t do it they’ll get replaced.

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/1/2018 at 5:47 PM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

26cornerblitz I really don’t think so, the more I look at Rudolph the more I like about him. He has everything, Size, weight, good arm, almost 70 percent completion percentage. He was a 4 year starter,  he’s mobile, he moves around in the pocket well. He is a very good leader and fits into Beans QB mold. I think you should get used to the idea of the Bills drafting him. I’m sold on the guy. I was very hard on Rosen in other draft threads. I’ve come around on him too. I would be happy with him too. I just don’t think we will get him. This draft comes down to what the NYG do at 2. If they draft Barkley or Chubb then game on. If Barkley goes #2 to the New York Giants then I could see the bills trading with Cleveland at number four. I could also see Denver taking a QB but if they pass on a QB then there woukd be only 2 QB’s drafted so far. So either way only 2 or 3 QB’s would be off the board. So that means bills could trade into 6-10 and get a Mayfield or Rosen or Allen. But I really think Rudolph has really been short changed here. He is so good and has the complete package. I for one am so excited that we at least moved to 12. So at the very minimum we could at least get Rudolph. So lots to be excited about. There is just something that tells me Rudolph is the guy I think that is going to do really well. I also feel that way about Allen. Man I can’t wait to see how this all plays out. 

Wait, what? 

You sure have a funny way of showing it. 

Edited by BillsFan4

21 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

“Dividing the locker room” is overblown. We have co-workers we disagree with on many different issues, but when it comes to work you put it aside and work towards mutual success. A blocker isn’t going to think they’re going to let Rosen get sacked because of a social difference of opinion, they’re in the moment thinking about their job, which is protecting the QB. And if they don’t do it they’ll get replaced.

Jordan Mills might let him get sacked, but it won't be on purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 QB's that I think are sure to be good are Darnold and Mayfield.                             2 QB's that I feel will probably bust are Allen and Jackson.

1 or 2 of the QB's drafted outside the 1st rd will have a Andy Dalton type career.

Rosen is the only QB that I cannot get a read on, I get the feeling he will be a solid QB but injured a lot through the year.

8 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

No more divided than a locker room with 50 plus personalities and their own views on kneeling during the anthem?

Moreover, its absolutely absurd to believe NFL players don't have hobbies, interests,families, friends, etc... outside of the sport.

On March 26, 2018 at 9:22 AM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

If The Bills are staying at 12 and there choice is between Rudolph or Rosen, I predict the Bills will select Rudolph. I’m praying the Jets take Rosen. Rosen does not fit the Bills or this towns culture, nor does he seem to fit the Process that Coach McD has instituted on this team. I also think that Rosen will be the biggest bust at QB in this draft. I have him rated outside the top 8 and in my opinion he will be that QB that drops in this draft. The TV networks will keep showing him in the green room with all the game day pundits on TV savaging him and us TV viewers with stories of why he’s dropping. To me he has the most red flags and problems. Also I will have to question weather I want to support him as a Bills QB if he were to get drafted by the Bills. My opinion is the Bills are targeting Josh Allen and Mason Rudolph. If they trade up to the 6th pick with the colts I can see them getting Josh Allen. This would have to be done on draft day after the Broncos pick. So the way I see this playing out is Darnold to the Browns, Chubb to NYG, Baker Mayfield to the Jets then Barkley to the Browns. Then you have Den, who knows what will happen there. Then at 6 if we trade up with the Colts we get to select the number 1 QB on the Bills draft board Josh Allen. The other way this works out is the Bills trade up to 4. Then trade 4 to the NYG to get to the 2nd pick and take Josh Allen at #2. In my opinion Allen is the target for Bean with Rudolph as his fall back position for QB at 12. As far as Rosen this guy is going to be the biggest bust of the draft QB class. The more I listen to him talk and see what his team mates had to say about him the less I like him. He is skinny and injury prone. If anyone has watched the Movie Draft day 

Rosen is this drafts Bo Callahan or a real life Johnny Manziel. 

Kind of bored.