Prediction Rudolph will go before Rosen if the Bills are selecting a QB at 12

The quarterback situation in this year’s draft is insane.  However, I find the OP ‘s prediction to be rather improbable given all the information that’s floating out there about these quarterbacks. If the Browns take Darnold the Jets will likely take Rosen.His history of concussions is a non-issue. They are healed. Concussions do that when you give them time. To me the whole issue with his “attitude” is overblown. If somehow the bills got him I would be quite happy. Although I’d rather they not blow all their draft picks on moving up and yesterday at 12 and see who they get. If Allen falls to us at 12 great.But I would be happy with  Rudolf or Jackson.

To me, Mayfield is the biggest risk in this draft. He is short, and please don’t cherry pick Brees or Wilson,  he is not either of those guys.   Plus he is a pure system quarterback who routinely Played against absolutely horrible big 12 defenses, as did Rudolph by the way.

Also, Mayfield is the one to be concerned about his “attitude.“ It’s one thing to be cocky. It’s another thing to be an A-hole.   I really hope the bills do not get him. Way too much of a risk in my opinion for many reasons! Between Mayfield and Allen, I would take Allen in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Typo on Iphone. Stop making excuses for you not understanding the difference between Guy and Guys It’s embarrassing. 

Right...which is why you went back to edit it.  If it was so clear and concise, no need to edit it.  

I can't wait to see this thread come back up on draft day when Rosen is taking in the top 5.....

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My QB of choice is Mayfield.  I feel he's the no. 1 QB in the draft.

When people state they think he's going to be a bust I don't lose my you know what and "trash" the poster claiming otherwise. 

Whoever we draft I will root for.  I'm a Bills fan first and won't let my own opinions of these QBs pre draft and who I like most impact my support down the line.  Most importantly I'm not going to think less or talk down to fans I disagree with over which QB is going to be the best or a bust. 

I share your sentiments regarding talking down to people who don't align with your opinions.  We are all Bills fans, and because we all share the same passion and love for our team, it should bring us all closer, and in many ways it has.  There's NO denying we have some absolutely brilliant posters who have an unparalleled DEARTH of football knowledge, team knowledge.  Countless times I am taken aback by some of the things my fellow TBDs know and share.

However, this site CAN get brutal.  Opinionated, passionate people can get worked up over our Bills, me included.  One thing I've learned since becoming a member 13 years ago is to grow thicker skin lol.  And if you post something stupid, be prepared to get roasted and torched....

The draft can't come soon enough.  All of us are on edge waiting to see what McBeane and company do.  The Jets deal for the number 3 pick really, really irked me and I have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since.  Tempers are flaring, people are ready for the draft TONIGHT.   And with every useless, poorly thought out, silly LAMP it just makes many people more agitated.  

Don't worry my friend.  Once the draft comes and we're sitting pretty with our Franchise QB of the future, plus hopefully 4 or 5 quality starters, we will all join hands and sing kumbaya....virtually.

And btw, I love Mayfield and will be ecstatic if we get him.  Rosen is my first choice but Mayfield is right there with him..

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The thing that stood out to me in your assessment of Rosen was when you said that you’d have to consider whether or not you’d support him if he was drafted by the Bills. This suggests to me that your big issue with him isn’t his ability or his QB play but something he said. You don’t like the guy as a person - not an NFL prospect. If it was just about his QB play of course you’d support him and hope for the best even if youd didn’t think he’d turn out to be a quality starter.

That it’s somehow personal to you colors everything else you’ve said about him. 

• Like (+1) 1

This thread is just more proof that the people who are adamantly against Rosen, are that way mainly because of his political views ans not because of his actual play on the field. 

If Beane let's politics decide what QB he drafts, I want him fired immediately. That is the dumbest reason ever to draft/not draft a QB. 

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

The thing that stood out to me in your assessment of Rosen was when you said that you’d have to consider whether or not you’d support him if he was drafted by the Bills. This suggests to me that your big issue with him isn’t his ability or his QB play but something he said. You don’t like the guy as a person - not an NFL prospect. If it was just about his QB play of course you’d support him and hope for the best even if youd didn’t think he’d turn out to be a quality starter.

That it’s somehow personal to you colors everything else you’ve said about him. 

Exactly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Right...which is why you went back to edit it.  If it was so clear and concise, no need to edit it.  

I can't wait to see this thread come back up on draft day when Rosen is taking in the top 5.....

You can bet I will even if Rosen goes top 5. I will admit I’m wrong. I have no problem doing that. 

Ok Guys or is it Guy 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

I could buy into the idea that Rosen has an Aaron Rodgers type fall in the draft. The question is will he play even close to as well as Rodgers. They seem eerily similar to me. Bills must take him if for some reason he falls to them. In fact, if he makes it past the Broncos at 5 then he should prolly make a trade with the Bucs to get him at 7.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This thread is just more proof that the people who are adamantly against Rosen, are that way mainly because of his political views ans not because of his actual play on the field. 

If Beane let's politics decide what QB he drafts, I want him fired immediately. That is the dumbest reason ever to draft/not draft a QB. 

Exactly. 

Yep.  I am far from Rosen on politics and religion.  So what?  I'm looking for the best qb for my football team.  (Happen to think it's Mayfield, but Rosen is right there.)

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Exactly. 

He is fragile and has lots of Injury issues. 

His team mates really don’t like him or hang with him hence how can he lead a NFL team. There are many reports about that. He rubs people the wrong way with his demeanor and the way he comes across.  He is not a team player, never once did I mention politics. He does not need the NFL to earn a living he set financially.  He is not a good leader by example. 

some good intel about him 

Durability is a concern. Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school. Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch. Too casual in pocket set-up. Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent. Refuses easy throws at times. Arm talent and strength are below average. May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws. Poor career deep ball completion rate. Excess air under ball allows challenges. Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top. Needs better anticipation. Poor mobility. Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away. Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student.

This sounds like a guy that should be drafted late 1st round or early 2nd round to me. This guy will drop like a rock in this draft you can count on it. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I really hope we draft Rosen now after this thread.

I like Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold as fellas you'd have to trade up to get.  (I presume Darnold is going first overall to someone.)

I would take Allen or Jackson at twelve if I couldn't move up.

28 minutes ago, Kemp said:

This isn't about how the QBs will perform. It's about where they will be selected and the only way Rudolph goes before Rosen is if Rosen dies or falls into a coma.

Lolol funny yet cold!  ?

14 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I could buy into the idea that Rosen has an Aaron Rodgers type fall in the draft. The question is will he play even close to as well as Rodgers. They seem eerily similar to me. Bills must take him if for some reason he falls to them. In fact, if he makes it past the Broncos at 5 then he should prolly make a trade with the Bucs to get him at 7.

I just don't think he falls, at all to be honest.  The red flags that keep getting mentioned are probably more smokescreens to deter some GMs to pass on him.  If the Browns take Darnold at 1, I fully expect either the Giants or whoever swings the trade into 2 (us presumably) to take Rosen.  I don't believe he makes it out of the top 5.

1 hour ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

If The Bills are staying at 12 and there choice is between Rudolph or Rosen, I predict the Bills will select Rudolph. I’m praying the Jets take Rosen. Rosen does not fit the Bills or this towns culture, nor does he seem to fit the Process that Coach McD has instituted on this team. I also think that Rosen will be the biggest bust at QB in this draft. I have him rated outside the top 8 and in my opinion he will be that QB that drops in this draft. The TV networks will keep showing him in the green room with all the game day pundits on TV savaging him and us TV viewers with stories of why he’s dropping. To me he has the most red flags and problems. Also I will have to question weather I want to support him as a Bills QB if he were to get drafted by the Bills. My opinion is the Bills are targeting Josh Allen and Mason Rudolph. If they trade up to the 6th pick with the colts I can see them getting Josh Allen. This would have to be done on draft day after the Broncos pick. So the way I see this playing out is Darnold to the Browns, Chubb to NYG, Baker Mayfield to the Jets then Barkley to the Browns. Then you have Den, who knows what will happen there. Then at 6 if we trade up with the Colts we get to select the number 1 QB on the Bills draft board Josh Allen. The other way this works out is the Bills trade up to 4. Then trade 4 to the NYG to get to the 2nd pick and take Josh Allen at #2. In my opinion Allen is the target for Bean with Rudolph as his fall back position for QB at 12. As far as Rosen this guy is going to be the biggest bust of the draft QB class. The more I listen to him talk and see what his team mates had to say about him the less I like him. He is skinny and injury prone. If anyone has watched the Movie Draft day 

Rosen is this drafts Bo Callahan or a real life Johnny Manziel. 

I didn't know Johnny manziel wasn't "real life"

I do know that you are completely wrong, guaranteed, and Rosen will go before Rudolph.

That's a fact, barring Rosen drastically injuring himself or murdering somebody pre-draft.