Article: One Team's Draft Board

If the 4 QBs are gone, and the Bills don't see Lamar Jackson as a fit for them, I wonder if they would take Leighton Vander Esch at 12?

14 - Leighton Vander Esch/LB/Boise State

Wow, this seems pretty nuts that they'd give Pauline their actual big board. I'm just not sure what they really have to gain from doing so unless maybe they're a team that's already set at QB and they're giving it out to try to get other teams to take those QBs ahead of them.

Surprised to see Mayfield that much lower than the other 3 and no Jackson.  Also, 3 LBers in the top 15 ... Edmunds and Smith make sense, but didn't think Vander Esch would be considered a top 15 player.  Also higher than I thought Ridley would rank.

Draft News & Notes: A look into one team's top 15

http://draftanalyst.com/draft-news-notes-look-one-teams-top-15

Tony Pauline
Draft Analyst Writer

In conversations last week, the day before Josh Allen had his pro-day workout, a team picking in the top 15 -- who shall remained unnamed -- shared the order of top 15 players on its board. It went like this:

1 - Sam Darnold/QB/USC
2 - Josh Allen/QB/Wyoming
3 - Josh Rosen/QB/UCLA
4 - Bradley Chubb/DL/North Carolina State
5 - Saquon Barkley/RB/Penn State
6 - Quenton Nelson/G/Notre Dame
7 - Minkah Fitzpatrick/DB/Alabama
8 - Denzel Ward/CB/Ohio State
9 - Tremaine Edmunds/LB/Virginia Tech
10 - Roquan Smith/LB/Georgia
11 - Baker Mayfield/QB/Oklahoma
12 - Derwin James/S/Florida State
13 - Vita Vea/DL/Washington
14 - Leighton Vander Esch/LB/Boise State
15 - Calvin Ridley/WR/Alabama

Edited by essential

5 hours ago, Magox said:

It's unfathomable to me that an NFL franchise would share their true draft board to some reporter before the draft.

"Reporter" is using that term verrrry loosely.

I'm not sure which is more unbelievable. Giving it to a "real sports reporter" (also an oxymoron) or giving it to a lesser known draft site.

Giving it to the lesser known site makes it easier to ensure your name doesn't come out as there are less people to control and the site has more reason to keep it quiet for future gain. However both ways it's done for misinformation rather than real information.

I tend to agree with this:

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I'm just not sure what they really have to gain from doing so unless maybe they're a team that's already set at QB and they're giving it out to try to get other teams to take those QBs ahead of them.

Which to me means I don't buy the QBs ahead of everyone else, but maybe the order the QBs are ranked between themselves is valid. Which would lend credence to the Rosen being held in higher regard than most fans have him.

Edited by timekills17

I appreciate you posting this article, HOWEVER...

I cannot for the life of me figure out why any team would share this information, even with it being anonymous. I ESPECIALLY can't figure out why, during the most secretive offseason moment of a very secretive sport, said team would choose to share such sensitive information with such a no-name, rinky-dink outfit. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

• Like (+1) 1