Mara- Jets didn't call to go to #2 Also Jets owner talked to the GM & offer to Suh was pulled

59 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/04/11/uclas-josh-rosen-wears-hat-special-message-donald-trump

I know people don't want to talk politics, and I know it's long, but this is what Rosen said in an interview: 

"Well, I think it’s no secret that I’m not a large fan of Donald Trump — from a policy standpoint and from a human-being standpoint. I think it’s cowardly to run a campaign based on demagoguery and bigotry, and to incite fear so you can rally support for personal gain. He’s feeding off of racial tension and a lack of religious understanding, and a lack of sympathy and empathy for people who are different from him.

I think it’s sad that he’s not even trying to understand important issues and propose legitimate policies to make the country a better place. It seems like he just wants to be president … so he can be president. There’s so much I don’t like. I don’t like his policy positions, and I really don’t like him making racially charged statements to people who don’t know better or understand what it’s like to come from poverty or different backgrounds.

One of the reasons why I love the sport of football so much is because it’s exposed me to so many varying circumstances and all different types of people. And the same goes for college. That’s part of why after getting to college I’ve formed such strong political stances, and it’s cool going to a school like UCLA where we’re encouraged to dig into important issues and freely speak our minds. I mean, we both come from money. We’re both well-educated people — or are becoming well-educated — our parents are educated, and we are privileged. We can come to college and not really have to worry about finances. We can focus on school and football. Meanwhile, we have guys on the team who are sending every dime of money they have home to their families. College has really opened my eyes to those disparities. I just feel really strongly about this topic, because I believe there’s a level of ignorance in this country when it comes to empathizing with others, and that needs to change. And I’m literally willing to sit down and debate anyone in the country — anyone! — about Trump and the current state of our society. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this stuff further. I care about it.

You probably shouldn’t have gotten me started, man. But, yeah, I think it’s safe to say that me and Donald Trump will not be getting matching Thunder Buddies T-shirts anytime soon."

He didn’t take a knee during the anthem, it’s all good.:)

51 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Simple criteria for finding an elite QB:

Started at least 3 years in college.  

Won in college 

Accuracy 

Conservative world view and most likely votes R (they may vote D, but worldview 100 percent conservative).

Rosen may just be a Never Trump R.  Or a hardcore Bernie Bro.  I have no idea.  But his red flags continue to grow for me.  I had not read that interview before.  A lot of b.s. virtue signaling....saying a lot while saying absolutely nothing.  

Good luck with that Jets.  

This post is nonsense 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

woody is no longer on the staff after his new political appt ???
 His Son is now the Guy meddling Lol.

Lol, that's why I said Johnsons, but yeah his BS political appointment doesn't really require much attention. It's basically a title. Apparently every rich doner gets a nice title the last couple of years. Woody is definitely still plugged into what the team is doing. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was almost positive they never called the Giants. They’ve never done a trade between those two organizations in their history. 

I never thought that they didn't at least call. You would think a good GM would at least pick up the phone, but maybe that says it all about the relationship between the two teams, or lack thereof.

I have however been of the belief that the Giants would much rather make a trade with the Bills than the Jets for a potential franchise QB. They don't want the Jets to have a player that could turn that team around, making them the big dogs in NY. 

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Me too. I'm getting the idea that he likes the sound of his own voice a bit too much. Among other things.

Lol really? This opinion from someone who regales us with LAMPs on his opinions on catholicism. On a football message board.

the irony is astounding.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/04/11/uclas-josh-rosen-wears-hat-special-message-donald-trump

I know people don't want to talk politics, and I know it's long, but this is what Rosen said in an interview: 

"Well, I think it’s no secret that I’m not a large fan of Donald Trump — from a policy standpoint and from a human-being standpoint. I think it’s cowardly to run a campaign based on demagoguery and bigotry, and to incite fear so you can rally support for personal gain. He’s feeding off of racial tension and a lack of religious understanding, and a lack of sympathy and empathy for people who are different from him.

I think it’s sad that he’s not even trying to understand important issues and propose legitimate policies to make the country a better place. It seems like he just wants to be president … so he can be president. There’s so much I don’t like. I don’t like his policy positions, and I really don’t like him making racially charged statements to people who don’t know better or understand what it’s like to come from poverty or different backgrounds.

One of the reasons why I love the sport of football so much is because it’s exposed me to so many varying circumstances and all different types of people. And the same goes for college. That’s part of why after getting to college I’ve formed such strong political stances, and it’s cool going to a school like UCLA where we’re encouraged to dig into important issues and freely speak our minds. I mean, we both come from money. We’re both well-educated people — or are becoming well-educated — our parents are educated, and we are privileged. We can come to college and not really have to worry about finances. We can focus on school and football. Meanwhile, we have guys on the team who are sending every dime of money they have home to their families. College has really opened my eyes to those disparities. I just feel really strongly about this topic, because I believe there’s a level of ignorance in this country when it comes to empathizing with others, and that needs to change. And I’m literally willing to sit down and debate anyone in the country — anyone! — about Trump and the current state of our society. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this stuff further. I care about it.

You probably shouldn’t have gotten me started, man. But, yeah, I think it’s safe to say that me and Donald Trump will not be getting matching Thunder Buddies T-shirts anytime soon."

So, on the leadership issues as it relates to this commentary, Rosen strikes me as world class narcissist, and a self-absorbed rich kid who could be prone to alienating teammates (and fans, though winning chills a lot of that noise out).  He also strikes me as Intolernat of the views of others,  and I think that can cause friction when working with  adults.  To summarize....I think he sounds like a Trust Fund baby.

Its not not even so much what he says, or wearing a dopey hat,  much of what he's talking about likely comes from a good place, but I'm typically concerned about someone's leadership quotient when in less than 1000 words they've told me how enlightened they are relative to other people,  how well-educated they are because like UCLA,  how wealthy their parents are,  how there's so much ignorance in the country relative to everything they know, but the real kicker for me was "I'll debate ANYONE" which always seems an awful lot like "I'll bludgeon ANYONE" with my opinions". 

then again, maybe he's so good no one gives a crap about any of that and he leads his team to the promised land.  Hard to say. Oh and I gotta hand it to him on the Thuderbuddies reference. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, on the leadership issues as it relates to this commentary, Rosen strikes me as world class narcissist, and a self-absorbed rich kid who could be prone to alienating teammates (and fans, though winning chills a lot of that noise out).  He also strikes me as Intolernat of the views of others,  and I think that can cause friction when working with  adults.  To summarize....I think he sounds like a Trust Fund baby.

Its not not even so much what he says, or wearing a dopey hat,  much of what he's talking about likely comes from a good place, but I'm typically concerned about someone's leadership quotient when in less than 1000 words they've told me how enlightened they are relative to other people,  how well-educated they are because like UCLA,  how wealthy their parents are,  how there's so much ignorance in the country relative to everything they know, but the real kicker for me was "I'll debate ANYONE" which always seems an awful lot like "I'll bludgeon ANYONE" with my opinions". 

then again, maybe he's so good no one gives a crap about any of that and he leads his team to the promised land.  Hard to say. Oh and I gotta hand it to him on the Thuderbuddies reference. 

Wow! Did you even read his quote?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

..no one cares.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I don't want Rosen one bit because (a) I think he gets broken, and (b) he won't want to be in Buffalo and likely won't stay after rookie deal.  Having said that the interview posted above raised him up a notch or two for me - well said young man!

That seems a little unfair, paranoid,  and presumptuous.  Not liking someone bc YOU feel they might leave (based on???) Is odd

30 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

..no one cares.

If this is directed to me, I simply posted this as an example of why I think the Jets owner may not like the idea of drafting the kid. So it is simply relevant to the conversation in the thread. 

And if it is directed at Rosen, he was simply answering a question the reporter asked. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

He's not afraid to speak his opinions even though he knows people will try to bully him and tear him down. Sounds like courage. Sounds like leadership to me.

Now I don't think we should be mixing our football and our politics, but like the Beatles said, you ask the questions and we answer them.

Do you think John was more of an R or a D?

30 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

He's not afraid to speak his opinions even though he knows people will try to bully him and tear him down. Sounds like courage. Sounds like leadership to me.

Now I don't think we should be mixing our football and our politics, but like the Beatles said, you ask the questions and we answer them.

Do you think John was more of an R or a D?

Could be, and time will tell. I wasn't talking about his politics, I was talking about his demeanor.  imo there is a fine line between having faith in your convictions and being a know-it-all. I think folks figure that stuff out, and maybe it will plays well in whatever football locker room he ends up in. I'll say this....arrogance can be tolerated and celebrated when you get lots of wins, but can be an irritant and be divisive when you don't deliver.  

I'm not much up in the Beatles, so I'm not sure about John's politics, but he was a hecka of a salesman. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd